Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Singaporean IP address in 2022:
- 🥇 ExpressVPN: Provides excellent security and privacy features, maintains very fast speeds, works with Netflix Singapore, and supports torrenting. Comes with very user-friendly apps, allows up to 5 simultaneous connections, has affordable plans, and backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The safest and easiest way to get a Singaporean IP address is to use a VPN, which is an online service that lets you connect to servers in different countries all over the world. When you connect to a VPN server, it changes your IP address to a new IP address that matches the location you connected to — for example, Singapore. That way, you can surf websites, watch videos, and download files as if you were actually located in Singapore.
What’s more, a VPN encrypts your traffic, preventing any third parties from reading it. VPNs are affordable, user-friendly, and completely legal.
I tested all of the top VPNs on the market in 2022, and I was able to get a Singaporean IP address with each of my top 3 picks.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Singaporean IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a good VPN that has at least 1 server in Singapore — I recommend ExpressVPN because it provides high-end security and privacy features, maintains very fast speeds, works with Singaporean sites, and offers good torrenting support.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. Installing and downloading a VPN normally takes 2–3 minutes (you just need to follow the installation wizard’s instructions). If you own multiple devices, check how many devices the VPN allows you to connect at once — ExpressVPN allows up to 5 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a server in Singapore. Open the VPN app, scroll through the list of countries, and select Singapore. You can now surf the web as if you’re actually in Singapore!
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Singaporean IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a Singaporean IP address:
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best overall VPN for getting a Singaporean IP address.
- 🥈2. Hotspot Shield — Fast and good for new VPN users.
- 🥉3. IPVanish — Allows unlimited simultaneous connections.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Singaporean IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Singaporean IP Address.
🥇 1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Singapore IP Address
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting a Singaporean IP address — while some other VPNs have more servers in Singapore, it provides the best overall security, speed, and performance out of all competitors (which is why it’s ranked #1 on our list of the best VPNs).
ExpressVPN is also my top choice for watching streaming content on platforms like Netflix — so if you have a Singaporean Netflix account and travel abroad, you can use ExpressVPN to connect to a server in Singapore to watch your country’s titles.
In my speed tests, ExpressVPN’s 3 Singaporean servers provided me with the fastest speeds on this list — HD and 4K videos loaded instantly and didn’t buffer, and I torrented Singaporean files really fast (it took me 10–15 minutes to download 20–30 GB files).
I also really like that ExpressVPN comes with split-tunneling — a feature that lets you choose which apps use the VPN and which apps use your internet service provider’s (ISP) network. I surfed Singaporean sites using ExpressVPN, but used my local network to access my bank’s site (many banks block VPN connections). Split-tunneling is available on Android, Windows, and macOS (ExpressVPN is one of the rare VPNs that has split-tunneling on macOS).
And ExpressVPN makes it very simple to connect to its Singaporean servers. Its apps have an intuitive design and an interface that’s very simple to navigate — it took me only 2–3 seconds to find and connect to a server in Singapore.
Also, I really like ExpressVPN’s privacy features, as it has a no-logs policy that has been independently audited and verified to prove it doesn’t log user data. Plus, ExpressVPN comes with full leak protection on all devices — in my leak tests, I only saw my ExpressVPN Singaporean IP address, and never my real IP address.
And ExpressVPN includes advanced security features like perfect forward secrecy (regularly refreshes your encryption key to prevent hackers from compromising past and future keys) and RAM-only servers (all data is wiped each time the server is reset).
ExpressVPN allows 5 simultaneous connections and has monthly and yearly paid plans, which start at $6.67 / month. While ExpressVPN’s plans are a little pricier than other VPNs, I think ExpressVPN makes up for it by providing the best overall value. Plus, it backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈 2. Hotspot Shield — Beginner-Friendly VPN with Fast Speeds
Hotspot Shield is secure, fast, and has very user-friendly apps for all devices, including iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS. Hotspot Shield’s dashboard is really easy to navigate, and it’s very simple and quick to connect to a Singaporean server (I used the search bar). Also, I had no issues locating and enabling Hotspot Shield’s features, and I really like that all of the settings and features have helpful explanations.
One of the best things about Hotspot Shield is its proprietary protocol Hydra, which Hotspot Shield claims provides lightning-fast speeds. And my speed tests confirmed Hotspot Shield is one of the fastest VPNs on the market — Singaporean sites and HD videos immediately loaded, 4K videos took only 3–5 seconds to start, and I downloaded 20–30 GB files in 20–30 minutes. There’s no doubt Hotspot Shield has really fast speeds, but it’s still not as fast as ExpressVPN.
Hotspot Shield works with top streaming sites like Netflix Singapore and Amazon Prime Singapore. And like ExpressVPN, Hotspot Shield allows torrenting on its Singaporean server.
When it comes to security, Hotspot Shield has advanced security features such as perfect forward secrecy and extra features like split-tunneling (Android and Windows only). Hotspot Shield includes DNS protection on all of its apps, but you only get WebRTC and IPv6 leak protection on the Windows app (you have to manually disable WebRTC and IPv6 traffic). While only my Hotspot Shield Singaporean IP address was displayed in my leak tests, I still prefer the convenience of ExpressVPN, which provides full leak protection in the background on all of its apps.
Hotspot Shield comes with a free plan, but it limits you to 1 server location (in the US), so you can’t use its server in Singapore. To get a Singaporean IP address with Hotspot Shield, you need to upgrade to one of its paid plans, which start at $2.99 / month. All purchases are backed with a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
🥉 3. IPVanish — Good Multi-Device VPN for Torrenting
IPVanish allows unlimited connections, making it a great option for large households or people who have a lot of devices. I had my entire family connect to IPVanish’s Singaporean servers, and we all had fast speeds for browsing, streaming, and torrenting.
IPVanish is one of the top VPNs for torrenting — all of its Singaporean servers allow torrenting, it has fast download speeds, and it comes with 1 SOCKS5 proxy server in Singapore. A SOCKS5 proxy server replaces your IP address just like a VPN server, but there’s no encryption so it provides even faster download speeds.
When it comes to streaming, IPVanish works with Netflix Singapore, but it doesn’t work with Amazon Prime Singapore (unlike ExpressVPN and Hotspot Shield).
As for speeds, IPVanish is fast but not as fast as ExpressVPN and Hotspot Shield — while Singaporean sites loaded instantly, HD videos took 4–5 seconds to load, and 4K videos loaded in 6–8 seconds and I experienced minor buffering.
IPVanish includes perfect forward secrecy, split-tunneling (only on Android and FireOS), and a no-logs policy that has undergone an independent audit, but I’m disappointed that IPVanish never released the findings of the audit (unlike ExpressVPN).
IPVanish is the most budget-friendly VPN on this list, with pricing starting at $3.33 / month. It bundles a VIPRE antivirus subscription (available for macOS and Windows) with its yearly plan, which is also the only plan that includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Singaporean IP Address
- Servers in Singapore. A VPN needs at least 1 server in Singapore to provide you with a Singapore IP address — ExpressVPN (my #1 pick) has 3 servers in Singapore.
- Strong security. All the VPNs on this list come with industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from logging your IP address and traffic), and a kill switch (disables internet access if the VPN connection drops to prevent traffic leaks).
- Fast speeds. All VPNs slow down your speeds due to the encryption process, but good VPNs maintain fast speeds across all servers. My top 3 choices provide very fast speeds for streaming, browsing, and downloading.
- Streaming and torrenting. Sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime have different libraries for each country, so if you travel abroad you might not be able to watch Singaporean titles — unless you use a good VPN, which can help you access your country’s shows and movies anywhere in the world. Also, all of the VPNs listed here allow torrenting on their Singaporean servers.
- Ease of use. All the VPNs on this list have easy-to-use apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS, and they each make it quick and simple to find and connect to a Singaporean server.
- Good value. I only recommend VPNs that come with extra features (like split-tunneling), allow multiple simultaneous connections (ExpressVPN allows 5 connections and IPVanish is one of the rare VPNs to allow unlimited connections), have affordable plans, and include a money-back guarantee.
Best VPNs for Getting a Singapore IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
|1.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|2.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|3.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
FAQs — How to Get a Singaporean IP Address in 2022
What can I do with a Singaporean IP address?
If you have a Singaporean IP address, you can surf Singaporean sites as if you were physically located in Singapore (some sites might be geo-restricted and not work in other countries). Also, if you have a Singaporean Netflix account and travel abroad, you can use a Singaporean IP address to watch your country’s titles from anywhere in the world.
To get a Singaporean IP address, you need a VPN with at least 1 server in Singapore. I recommend ExpressVPN — it includes excellent security and privacy features, provides very fast speeds, comes with user-friendly apps, works with streaming sites like Netflix, and allows P2P traffic on Singaporean servers.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Singaporean IP address?
Maybe, but most free VPNs don’t have a server in Singapore. For example, Hotspot Shield has a decent free plan, but it doesn’t allow you to access the server in Singapore. I actually strongly advise that you avoid downloading free VPNs because they usually have slow speeds, limit how much data you can use, lack important security and privacy features, and have glitchy apps.
It’s much better to purchase a low-cost VPN like ExpressVPN.
Can I watch Netflix with a Singaporean IP address?
Streaming sites like Netflix offer different content libraries in each country due to copyright licenses. So, if you have a Singaporean Netflix account and go to another country, you might not be able to watch your Singapore Netflix titles. But a VPN can get you a Singaporean IP address, which will allow you to access shows and movies from Singapore from anywhere in the world.
What’s the best VPN for getting a Singaporean IP address?
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting a Singaporean IP address — it comes with high-end security and privacy features, maintains very fast speeds, is very user-friendly, works with Singaporean sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime, and allows torrenting on Singaporean servers.
That said, the other VPNs on this list are also good options — Hotspot Shield has a simple interface and is really good for beginners, and IPVanish allows unlimited connections (making it great for large households).