Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Thai IP address in 2022:
- 🥇 ExpressVPN: Comes with high-end security and privacy features, maintains excellent speeds, works with Thai sites like Netflix Thailand, and allows torrenting on its Thai server. Is also very user-friendly, allows 5 simultaneous connections, has affordable plans, and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The easiest and safest way to get a Thai IP address is to use a VPN, which is an online app that lets you connect to servers in different parts of the world. Once you connect to a VPN server, it replaces your original IP address with a new IP address from the country the server is in (like Thailand) — you can then start surfing sites, downloading files, and playing online games as if you were actually located in Thailand.
Also, VPN servers encrypt your traffic, making it completely unreadable (to protect your data from hackers). What’s more, VPNs are legal, affordable, and easy to use.
I tested all of the top VPNs and I was able to get a Thailand IP address with all 3 of my top choices.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Thai IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a good VPN with at least 1 server in Thailand. My top pick is ExpressVPN — it works with Thai sites like Netflix Thailand, provides blazing-fast speeds, and has excellent security and privacy features.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. This process usually takes just 1–2 minutes (you only need to follow the installation wizard). If you use multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN allows — ExpressVPN, my #1 pick, allows 5 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a Thai server. Open the VPN app, navigate to the list of server locations, and choose Thailand. That’s it! You now have a Thai IP address.
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Thai IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a Thai IP address:
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for getting a Thai IP address. Secure, fast & easy to use.
- 🥈2. CyberGhost VPN — Great choice for beginners (with good streaming support).
- 🥉3. PrivateVPN — Good security with affordable pricing.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Thai IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Thai IP Address.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Thai IP Address
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting a Thai IP address — while it has just 1 server location in Thailand, it provides the best security, speeds, and overall performance out of all other VPNs (which is why it’s ranked #1 on our list of the best VPNs in 2022).
ExpressVPN also provides excellent streaming and torrenting support. It works with top sites like Netflix Thailand — so if you have a Thai Netflix account and travel abroad, you can use ExpressVPN to watch Thai titles. Also, ExpressVPN allows torrenting on its Thai server and works with top P2P apps like Transmission and uTorrent.
One of the things I love the most about ExpressVPN is how fast it is — during my tests, HD and 4K videos loaded instantly and didn’t buffer, Thai sites also loaded instantly (including ad-heavy sites), and I was able to download 40 GB files in 15 minutes, which is very fast.
Also, I love how easy it is to get a Thai IP address with ExpressVPN — its apps are very simple to navigate and there’s even a search field that provides instant access to the Thai server. I also like the “Shortcuts” feature, which lets you create 1-click shortcuts for apps and sites that show up on your screen after you connect to one of ExpressVPN’s servers. You can use that feature to create a Netflix shortcut to get instant access to Netflix Thailand after connecting to the Thai server.
And I also really like that ExpressVPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified, making it very easy to trust this VPN. ExpressVPN also comes with advanced security features like RAM-only servers (every server reset wipes all data) and perfect forward secrecy (changes encryption keys for each VPN connection to prevent hackers from compromising past or future encryption keys to monitor your traffic). I also tested ExpressVPN’s full leak protection and can confirm it really works. In my leak tests, I never saw my real IP address, only ExpressVPN’s Thai IP addresses.
ExpressVPN allows 5 simultaneous connections and has a few paid plans that start at $6.67 / month. While ExpressVPN is pricier than some of its competitors, I think it’s worth the money because it provides excellent value. Plus, ExpressVPN backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. CyberGhost VPN — Really Good for Beginners
CyberGhost VPN comes with 20+ virtual Thai servers, meaning you get a Thai IP address, but the servers are actually located in a different country. Even so, CyberGhost VPN’s virtual locations are safe to use and they work very well — I ran tons of leak tests and never saw my real IP address, only CyberGhost VPN’s Thai IP addresses.
While CyberGhost VPN provided me with good online speeds, it was still slower than ExpressVPN — Thai sites and HD videos loaded instantly, but 4K videos took 5 seconds to load, my Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls dropped 30% of the time, and it took me 30 minutes to download 40 GB torrents (the same files took 15 minutes less to download with ExpressVPN).
On the plus side, I like how easy it is to use CyberGhost VPN — it has apps for all platforms that are very simple to install (you only need to follow the installation wizard), and it’s really simple to find and connect to its Thai servers. I’m also a big fan of the “Smart Rules” feature, which lets you create specific connection preferences. For example, you can make CyberGhost VPN’s app automatically connect to a Thai server and open the Netflix app on launch.
CyberGhost VPN is also very good for streaming and torrenting — it works with top Thai sites like Netflix Thailand and Disney+ Thailand, and it allows torrenting on all of its Thai servers.
I like that CyberGhost VPN has a strict no-logs policy that it’s been independently audited and verified like ExpressVPN. I also like that CyberGhost VPN releases regular transparency reports that detail how many requests it received for user data. Also, it comes with advanced security features like RAM-only servers and has an always-on kill switch (you can’t disable it, so you never risk accidentally turning it off and suffering traffic leaks).
CyberGhost VPN allows 7 simultaneous connections and has several paid plans that start at $2.03 / month. Also, it backs its long-term plans with a very generous 45-day money-back guarantee — but it only backs its shortest plan with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. PrivateVPN — Secure & Budget-Friendly
PrivateVPN is simple to use and provides good security. I really like how easy it is to get a Thai IP address with its apps — all server locations are ordered alphabetically and there’s also a search field. On average, it only took me 3–4 seconds to find and connect to PrivateVPN’s Thai server.
PrivateVPN works with popular Thai sites, but not as consistently as ExpressVPN — for example, it might take 2–3 tries until it works with Netflix Thailand. On the plus side, PrivateVPN allows torrenting on its Thai server and works with popular P2P apps like uTorrent and Deluge.
And while PrivateVPN has good speeds, it was still slower than ExpressVPN and CyberGhost VPN in my speed tests — Thai sites loaded in 3 seconds, HD videos loaded in 5 seconds, and 4K videos took 8–9 seconds to load and there was noticeable buffering when I skipped through the videos.
But I really like that, on top of a standard kill switch, PrivateVPN also has an app-based kill switch called “Application Guard” — it shuts down specific apps if the VPN disconnects (for example, you can use it to instantly turn off P2P apps). PrivateVPN also has really good DNS and IPv6 leak protection, but I don’t like that it’s missing WebRTC leak protection (ExpressVPN and CyberGhost VPN have full leak protection). I never saw my real IP address in my leak tests, but I still recommend manually disabling WebRTC to be 100% safe.
PrivateVPN allows up to 10 simultaneous connections, so it’s a good pick if everyone in your family wants a Thai IP address. It also has affordable plans, with pricing starting at $2.00 / month — the longest plan provides the best value and often comes with free extra months of service. PrivateVPN also backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Thai IP Address
- Servers in Thailand. If the VPN doesn’t have servers in Thailand, you can’t use it to get a Thai IP address. All the VPNs I recommend come with at least 1 Thai server.
- Strong security. All my top picks provide industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a no-logs policy (to prove the VPN can’t log your IP address and traffic), protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks, and a kill switch (shuts off internet access if the VPN connection drops to prevent traffic leaks).
- Fast speeds. Every VPN will slow down your speeds due to the encryption it uses — but the best VPNs will minimize the speed loss. I only recommend VPNs that provide me fast speeds for all online activities (ExpressVPN is the fastest on this list).
- Streaming and torrenting support. Sites like Netflix provide different libraries for each country — so if you have a Thai Netflix account and travel abroad, you might lose access to your country’s titles. But a good VPN will let you watch Thai titles anywhere in the world. Also, all my top picks allow torrenting on their Thai servers.
- Ease of use. All the VPNs on this list have apps for all major platforms that don’t take more than 1–2 minutes to install. Also, their apps are very intuitive, so it’s extremely simple to find and connect to Thai servers.
- Good value. I only recommend VPNs that have extra features (like split-tunneling), allow multiple simultaneous connections (ExpressVPN allows 5 connections), have affordable plans, and come with generous money-back guarantees.
Best VPNs for Getting a Thai IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
FAQs — How to Get a Thai IP Address in 2022
Can you get a Thai IP address with a free VPN?
No, most free VPNs don’t have servers in Thailand. Even if you find a free VPN with Thai servers, I recommend you avoid it — free VPNs usually limit how much data you can use each day or month, have slow speeds, don’t work with streaming sites, and lack important security and privacy features.
What can you do with a Thai IP address?
A Thai IP address lets you surf Thai sites as if you were actually located inside Thailand (some sites might not work in other countries). Also, if you have a Thai Netflix account and travel abroad, you can use a Thai IP address to watch your country’s titles.
To get a Thai IP address, I recommend using a VPN that has servers in Thailand — ExpressVPN is my top pick because it works with Thai sites like Netflix Thailand, provides blazing-fast speeds, and has excellent security and privacy features.
Can I torrent with a Thai IP address?
Yes, you can use a Thai IP address while torrenting, but you need a good torrenting VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN — it works with top torrenting apps like uTorrent and qBittorrent and provides very fast downloads.
Can I watch Netflix with a Thai IP address?
Websites like Netflix provide different content libraries for all countries. So if you have a Thai Netflix account and travel abroad, you might not be able to watch your country’s shows and movies. But you can use a Thai IP address to watch Thai titles in any country.
The best way to watch Netflix Thailand while traveling abroad is to use a VPN that has Thai servers and works with Netflix. I recommend ExpressVPN — it consistently works with Netflix Thailand, provides very fast streaming speeds, and is extremely user-friendly.