Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Peruvian IP address in 2022:
- 🥇 ExpressVPN: Works with Peruvian sites like Netflix Peru, comes with excellent security and privacy features, provides blazing-fast speeds, and has great torrenting capabilities. Also has intuitive apps, allows 5 simultaneous connections, provides affordable pricing, and backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The best way to get a Peruvian IP address is to use a VPN, which is an online app that allows you to connect to different servers around the world. Once connected to a server, it replaces your IP address with a new IP address that matches the country you connected to (like Peru, for example). You can then surf the web as if you were actually located in Peru.
What’s more, VPN servers encrypt your traffic — when you connect to a server, it makes your data completely unreadable, protecting you from hackers and other prying eyes. VPNs are also easy to use, affordable, and legal.
I tested dozens of top VPNs and I was able to obtain a Peruvian IP address with each of my top 3 picks.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Peruvian IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a good VPN that has at least 1 server in Peru — I recommend ExpressVPN because it’s very secure, works with Peruvian sites like Netflix Peru, allows torrenting, provides blazing-fast speeds, and is really easy to use.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. It takes only 1–2 minutes to download and install a VPN on your device (you only need to follow the installation wizard). If you want to use the VPN on multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN allows — ExpressVPN, my top pick, allows 5 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a Peruvian server. Find the list of server locations In the VPN’s app, scroll down the list, and click on a Peruvian server — you now have a Peruvian IP address and can enjoy the internet as if you were browsing in Peru.
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Peruvian IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a Peruvian IP address:
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for getting a Peruvian IP address. Secure, fast & intuitive.
- 🥈2. PrivateVPN — Secure with good streaming & torrenting capabilities.
- 🥉3. TunnelBear — Beginner-friendly with a cute interface.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Peruvian IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Peruvian IP Address.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Peruvian IP Address
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting a Peruvian IP address — it has the most advanced security, fastest speeds, and overall best performance out of all the VPNs on this list. What’s more, ExpressVPN also works with Netflix — so if you have a Peruvian Netflix account and travel to another country, you can use ExpressVPN to watch your country’s titles. I also like that the Peruvian server allows torrenting and that ExpressVPN works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Vuze.
ExpressVPN also makes it extremely simple to get a Peruvian IP address — its apps are very intuitive and easy to navigate, and there’s also a search field so you can instantly find the Peruvian server. ExpressVPN also comes with a feature called “Shortcuts,” which lets you create 1-click shortcuts for your favorite apps and sites that show up on your screen after you connect to one of ExpressVPN’s servers. So you can create a Netflix Peru shortcut that gives you access to your country’s titles immediately after you connect to the Peruvian server.
In my speed tests, ExpressVPN performed extremely well — all the Peruvian sites I browsed loaded instantly, there was no buffering when I watched HD and 4K videos, my Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls never dropped, and I even downloaded 50 GB torrents in only 20 minutes.
I also tested ExpressVPN’s full leak protection and can confirm it works very well — I ran 10+ leak tests and never saw my real IP address, just ExpressVPN’s Peruvian IP address. And I really like how ExpressVPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified (it makes it very easy to trust this VPN). In addition, ExpressVPN has advanced security features like RAM-only servers (every server reset wipes all data) and perfect forward secrecy (changes encryption keys for each VPN connection so that hackers can’t compromise past or future encryption keys to spy on your connections).
ExpressVPN allows up to 5 simultaneous connections and has a few paid plans, which start at $6.67 / month. It is a bit pricey, but it’s really worth it because it provides excellent value. ExpressVPN backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. PrivateVPN — Great Budget-Friendly VPN
PrivateVPN comes with 1 Peruvian server, good streaming and torrenting capabilities, and affordable pricing. When I connected to its server in Peru, I was able to surf almost all Peruvian sites — plus I really like that PrivateVPN works with top sites like Netflix Peru and Amazon Prime Peru. In addition, I think it’s great that PrivateVPN allows torrenting on its Peruvian server.
I also ran multiple speed tests, and PrivateVPN performed really well (but it wasn’t as fast as ExpressVPN) — Peruvian sites loaded instantly, HD videos took 2 seconds to load but didn’t buffer, and 4K videos loaded in 3–4 seconds and there was only minor buffering when the videos started. It also took me 15–20 minutes to download 30–40 GB files, which is really good.
While I like that PrivateVPN provides good DNS and IPv6 leak protection, it’s a shame it’s missing WebRTC leak protection (ExpressVPN comes with full leak protection). I ran multiple leak tests and never saw any leaks (the results always showed a Peruvian IP address), but I still recommend manually disabling WebRTC to be 100% safe. But I like that, in addition to a standard kill switch, PrivateVPN also comes with an app-based kill switch called “Application Guard,” which shuts down specific apps if the VPN connection drops — you can use it to terminate P2P apps if the VPN disconnects.
PrivateVPN allows up to 10 simultaneous connections, making it a good choice if everyone in your house wants to get a Peruvian IP address. It also has the cheapest plans on this list, with prices starting at $2.00 / month — I definitely recommend getting PrivateVPN if you’re on a budget. It also backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. TunnelBear — Great for New VPN Users
TunnelBear has 1 Peruvian server and provides apps that are very intuitive and easy to use (it only took me 2–3 seconds to find and connect to the Peruvian server).
I think TunnelBear is perfect for people new to VPNs because it’s very fun to use — you use a digital map to connect to a server, and when you do that, an animated bear digs a tunnel to the VPN server’s location (on iOS and Android, the bear even roars!). What’s more, all of TunnelBear’s settings and features are bear-themed (the kill switch is called “VigilantBear,” which is adorable). Even updating the app is fun because you get to see puns like “updating firm-bear” or “re-calibrating GPS (Grizzly Positioning System)” while the app is updating.
TunnelBear also works with Peruvian sites, including popular websites like Netflix Peru and Amazon Prime Peru. But unlike PrivateVPN and ExpressVPN, it doesn’t work with Disney+ Peru. On the plus side, I like that TunnelBear allows torrenting on its Peruvian server and that it works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Vuze.
And while TunnelBear provided me with good speeds in my tests, it didn’t perform as well as ExpressVPN and PrivateVPN — Peruvian sites loaded instantly, but HD videos took 5 seconds to load and I noticed minor buffering when the videos started, and 4K videos loaded in 10 seconds and there was noticeable buffering when I skipped through the videos.
I really like that TunnelBear provides excellent transparency — it releases an annual transparency report that shows how many requests for user data it received. Also, TunnelBear’s website, apps, and code undergo annual security audits, and the results are released to the public.
TunnelBear allows 5 connections and has a free plan and several paid plans. While I like that you can test all of TunnelBear’s features and get a Peruvian IP address for free, the free plan limits you to 500 MB per month, which is only enough for a few hours of web browsing (it isn’t enough for HD streaming and torrenting). To get unlimited data, you need to upgrade to one of TunnelBear’s paid plans, which start at $3.33 / month. I think TunnelBear is affordable, but it’s a shame it doesn’t back its paid plans with a money-back guarantee (like ExpressVPN and PrivateVPN do).
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Peruvian IP Address
- Servers in Peru. If a VPN doesn’t have a Peruvian server, you can’t use it to get a Peruvian IP address. All the VPNs I recommend have a server in Peru.
- Strong security. All the VPNs on this list provide industry-standard security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch (disables internet access if the VPN connection fails to prevent traffic leaks), protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks, and a no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from collecting your IP address and traffic).
- Fast speeds. VPNs slow down your online speeds because they encrypt your traffic — but the best VPNs minimize the slowdown so that it’s not noticeable. I only recommend VPNs that come with fast speeds for all online activities.
- Streaming and torrenting support. Streaming sites like Netflix provide different content libraries for all countries — so if you have a Peruvian Netflix account and go abroad, you might not be able to watch your country’s shows and movies. But a good VPN will help you access your country’s titles anywhere in the world. Also, all the VPNs I recommend allow torrenting on their Peruvian servers.
- Ease of use. All the VPNs on this list have apps for all major platforms that are easy to install and also make it very simple to find and connect to Peruvian servers.
- Good value. I only picked VPNs that come with extra features, allow multiple simultaneous connections, and provide affordable plans. Also, 2 of my top picks (ExpressVPN and PrivateVPN) back all purchases with 30-day money-back guarantees.
Best VPNs for Getting a Peruvian IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
|1.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|2.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|3.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
FAQs — How to Get a Peruvian IP Address in 2022
What can you do with a Peruvian IP address?
A Peruvian IP address lets you surf Peruvian sites as if you were actually located in Peru (some local sites might not work in other countries). Also, if you have a Peruvian Netflix account and travel abroad, you can use a Peruvian IP address to watch your country’s titles.
The best way to get a Peruvian IP address is to use a VPN that has servers in Peru — I recommend ExpressVPN because it works with Peruvian sites like Netflix Peru, provides blazing-fast speeds, has excellent security and privacy features, and is very user-friendly.
How does a VPN get you a Peruvian IP address?
When you connect to a VPN server in Peru, it replaces your real IP address with a new IP address that matches the country you’re connecting to (in this case, Peru). From then on, any website you visit will think your traffic is coming from inside Peru.
To get a Peruvian IP address, you need to use a VPN with servers in Peru. ExpressVPN, my top pick, provides blazing-fast speeds, works with Peruvian sites, and allows torrenting on its Peruvian server.
Can I get a Peruvian IP address for free?
Yes, TunnelBear has a free plan that lets you use a Peruvian server to get a Peruvian IP address. However, the free plan limits you to just 500 MB per month, which is not enough for HD streaming and torrenting, and only enough for a few hours of basic web browsing.
While there are other VPNs out there with better free plans, I don’t recommend you use one. Free VPNs usually lack important security and privacy features, have slow speeds, don’t work with popular streaming sites like Netflix Peru, and have glitchy apps.
Can I watch Netflix with a Peruvian IP address?
The best way to watch Netflix Peru is to use a VPN that has Peruvian servers and works with Netflix — I recommend ExpressVPN because it consistently works with Netflix Peru and provides blazing-fast streaming speeds.