Updated on: November 15, 2023
Only 3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Peruvian IP Address in 2023:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a good VPN that has at least 1 server location in Peru — I recommend ExpressVPN because it’s very secure, allows torrenting, provides blazing-fast speeds, and is really easy to use.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. It takes only 1–2 minutes to download and install a VPN on your device (you only need to follow the installation wizard). If you want to use the VPN on multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN allows. ExpressVPN, my top pick, allows 8 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a Peruvian server. Find the list of server locations in the VPN’s app, scroll down the list, and click on a Peruvian server location — you now have a Peruvian IP address and can enjoy the internet as if you were browsing in Peru.
The best way to get a Peruvian IP address is to use a VPN, which is an online app that allows you to connect to different servers around the world. Once connected to a server, it replaces your IP address with a new IP address that matches the country you connected to (like Peru, for example). You can then surf the web as if you were actually located in Peru.
What’s more, VPN servers encrypt your traffic — when you connect to a server, it makes your data completely unreadable, protecting you from hackers and other prying eyes. VPNs are also easy to use, affordable, and legal.
I tested dozens of top VPNs and I was able to obtain a Peruvian IP address with each of my top 3 picks.
Best VPNs for Getting a Peru IP Address in 2023
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for getting a Peru IP address. Secure, fast & intuitive.
- 🥈2. Surfshark — Great security features & very affordable.
- 🥉3. PrivateVPN — Budget-friendly with good torrenting capabilities.
- Comparison of the best VPNs for getting a Peru IP address.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Peruvian IP Address
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting a Peruvian IP address — it has the most advanced security, fastest speeds, and overall best performance out of all the VPNs on this list. I also like that the Peruvian server allows torrenting and that ExpressVPN works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Vuze. Plus, it offers a good ad blocker to get rid of annoying ads on Peruvian sites.
ExpressVPN also makes it extremely simple to get a Peruvian IP address — its apps are very intuitive and easy to navigate, and there’s a search field so you can instantly find a Peruvian server. ExpressVPN also comes with a feature called “Shortcuts,” which lets you create 1-click shortcuts for your favorite apps and sites that show up on your screen after you connect to one of ExpressVPN’s servers. For example, you could create a shortcut to your favorite Peruvian news site and get it to open as soon as you connect to the Peruvian server.
In my speed tests, ExpressVPN performed extremely well — all the websites I browsed loaded instantly, there was no buffering when I watched HD and 4K videos, my Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls never dropped, and I even downloaded 50 GB torrents in only 20 minutes.
I also tested ExpressVPN’s full leak protection and can confirm it works very well — I ran 10+ leak tests and never saw my real IP address, just ExpressVPN’s Peruvian IP address. And I really like how ExpressVPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified (it makes it very easy to trust this VPN). In addition, ExpressVPN has advanced security features like RAM-only servers (every server reset wipes all data) and perfect forward secrecy (changes encryption keys for each VPN connection so that hackers can’t compromise past or future encryption keys to spy on your connections).
ExpressVPN allows up to 8 simultaneous connections, and its plans start at $6.67 / month. It is a bit pricey, but it’s really worth it because it provides excellent value. ExpressVPN backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. Surfshark — Good Security Features & Affordable Plans
Surfshark comes with really good security features to keep you safe while browsing Peruvian sites. I like its CleanWeb feature, which is an ad and malware blocker. In addition, it provides obfuscation that hides the fact you’re using a VPN, double VPN connections, and IP Rotator, which regularly changes your IP address to make it harder for third parties to track your location. Surfshark also offers a no-logs policy and RAM-only servers. However, I was a bit disappointed that it’s missing full leak protection (though I never saw any leaks in my tests).
I had great speeds on local servers while I tested Surfshark — websites loaded in less than 2 seconds. However, unlike with ExpressVPN, I did experience significant speed drops when I connected to very distant servers.
You get pretty good streaming and torrenting support with Surfshark. Customer support confirms it works with top streaming sites, and when it comes to torrenting I was happy to find that Surfshark supports P2P downloads across all its servers.
I found Surfsharks’s apps really user-friendly — it took me only 2 seconds to connect to the Peru server location. I just had to type “Peru” into the search bar and then connect with 1 click. I particularly like that you can add servers to your favorites for quick access. All you need to do is click on the star. Surfshark is available for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPNs on the market, with plans starting at $2.21 / month — so it’s a good pick if you’re on a tight budget. It also allows unlimited connections, making it a great option for larger households. All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. PrivateVPN — Great Budget-Friendly VPN
PrivateVPN has 1 Peruvian server location, good streaming and torrenting capabilities, and affordable pricing. When I connected to its server location in Peru, I was able to surf almost all Peruvian sites — plus customer support confirmed that PrivateVPN works with top streaming sites. In addition, I think it’s great that PrivateVPN allows torrenting on its Peruvian servers.
I also ran multiple speed tests, and PrivateVPN performed really well (but it wasn’t as fast as ExpressVPN) — Peruvian sites loaded instantly, HD videos took 2 seconds to load but didn’t buffer, and 4K videos loaded in 3–4 seconds and there was only minor buffering when the videos started. It also took me 15–20 minutes to download 30–40 GB files, which is really good.
I like that PrivateVPN provides good DNS and IPv6 leak protection, but it’s a shame it’s missing WebRTC leak protection (ExpressVPN comes with full leak protection). I ran multiple leak tests and never saw any leaks (the results always showed a Peruvian IP address), but I still recommend manually disabling WebRTC to be 100% safe. However, I like that PrivateVPN comes with an app-based kill switch called Application Guard, which shuts down specific apps if the VPN connection drops — you can use it to terminate P2P apps if the VPN disconnects.
PrivateVPN allows up to 10 simultaneous connections, making it a good choice if everyone in your house wants to get a Peruvian IP address. It also has the cheapest plans on this list, with prices starting at $2.00 / month. PrivateVPN backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Comparison of the Best VPNs for Getting a Peru IP Address in 2023
|VPN||Starting Price||Simultaneous Device Connections||Average Speed Slowdown||Allows Torrenting||Money-Back Guarantee|
|🥇1. ExpressVPN||$6.67 / month||8||10%||✅||30 days|
|🥈2. Surfshark||$2.21 / month||Unlimited||22%||✅||30 days|
|🥉3. PrivateVPN||$2.00 / month||10||11%||✅||30 days|
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Peruvian IP Address
- Get a VPN with servers in Peru. If a VPN doesn’t have a Peruvian server location, you can’t use it to get a Peruvian IP address. All the VPNs I recommend have servers in Peru.
- Ensure that the VPN has strong security. All the VPNs on this list provide industry-standard security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch (disables internet access if the VPN connection fails to prevent traffic leaks), protection against leaks, and a no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from collecting your IP address and traffic).
- Look for good speeds. Although VPNs can sometimes reduce your internet speed due to the encryption process, the ones that I recommend ensure this reduction remains nearly imperceptible, guaranteeing a smooth online experience.
- Consider streaming and torrenting support. Not every VPN will work with streaming services — even if you’re trying to watch local content in your home country. Luckily, good VPNs work with popular streaming platforms. Plus, all my recommended VPNs permit torrenting on their Peruvian servers.
- Opt for an intuitive VPN. Every VPN on my list offers apps for all major platforms that are simple to install and facilitate effortless location and connection to servers in Peru.
- Choose a VPN that offers good value. I only picked VPNs that come with extra features, allow multiple simultaneous connections (ExpressVPN allows 8 connections), and provide affordable plans. Also, my top picks back all purchases with 30-day money-back guarantees.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can you do with a Peruvian IP address?
A Peruvian IP address lets you surf Peruvian sites as if you were actually in Peru (some local sites might not work in other countries).
The best way to get a Peruvian IP address is to use a VPN that has servers in Peru — I recommend ExpressVPN because it works with Peruvian sites, provides blazing-fast speeds, has excellent security and privacy features, and is very user-friendly.
How does a VPN get you a Peruvian IP address?
When you connect to a VPN server in Peru, it replaces your real IP address with a new IP address that matches the country you’re connecting to (in this case, Peru). From then on, any website you visit will think your traffic is coming from inside Peru.
To get a Peruvian IP address, you need to use a VPN with servers in Peru. ExpressVPN, my top pick, provides blazing-fast speeds, works with Peruvian sites, and allows torrenting on its Peruvian servers.
Can I get a Peruvian IP address for free?
Yes, but I don’t recommend it. While there are VPNs out there with decent free plans, they always have major limitations. Free VPNs usually lack important security and privacy features, have slow speeds, and have glitchy apps.
Instead, I recommend getting a low-cost premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Can I watch Netflix with a Peruvian IP address?
Yes, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t be able to watch Netflix with a Peruvian IP address. However, if you’re outside of Peru and using a VPN to stream Pervuian content from Netflix, you’re breaking Netflix’s Terms of Service and could be in breach of copyright restrictions, so I don’t recommend you do this.