3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Guatemalan IP Address in 2023:
- Choose a VPN with a server in Guatemala. ExpressVPN is my top pick thanks to its fast connection speeds and top-notch security features.
- Download and install the VPN. Just download the app for your device and follow the installation steps. If you need to connect multiple devices, check to see how many simultaneous connection the VPN allows (my top pick, ExpressVPN, allows 5 connections).
- Connect to a VPN server in Guatemala. Open the VPN app and choose Guatemala from the list of server locations. Once you’re connected, you’ll be assigned a Guatemalan IP address.
The easiest and fastest way to get a Guatemalan IP address is by using a VPN, which has encrypted servers located all over the world. When you connect to a VPN server, it replaces your IP address with one that matches your new location. For example, if you connect to a VPN server in Guatemala, you’ll get a Guatemalan IP address.
There aren’t many VPNs with servers in Guatemala, but I found 2 excellent options. Both of my picks are secure, fast, and affordable — and they’ll get you a Guatemalan IP address 100% of the time, allowing you to effortlessly access Guatemalan websites from anywhere.
Get a Guatemalan IP Address With ExpressVPN
Best VPNs for getting a Guatemalan IP address in June 2023
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best overall VPN for getting a Guatemalan IP address in 2023.
- 🥈2. Hotspot Shield — Great VPN for fast and secure connections.
🥇 1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Guatemalan IP Address
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting a Guatemalan IP address. It has reliable servers in Guatemala, and it consistently provided me with a Guatemalan IP on multiple attempts. ExpressVPN also maintains incredibly fast speeds, comes with best-in-class security features, and is the best VPN for streaming and torrenting — this is why the provider ranks #1 on our list of the top VPNs in 2023.
During my tests, ExpressVPN had blazing-fast speeds while I was connected to a Guatemalan server. Websites loaded right away, and I never had to wait for an HD or 4K video to load — even when I started skipping around to different parts of the video. And, I torrented a 20GB file in around 9 minutes.
ExpressVPN is one of the most secure VPNs on the market — on top of industry-standard VPN security features, it has a strict no-logs policy that’s been independently audited and confirmed, and the VPN offers a wide range of advanced security features including:
- Perfect forward secrecy — Minimizes the amount of data that can be accessed during a data leak or breach by frequently changing your encryption key. If a hacker ever compromises your encryption key, they won’t be able to monitor past or future traffic.
- Full leak protection — ExpressVPN provides protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks, so only the VPN’s IP address is exposed.
- Threat Manager — Blocks connections to malicious websites and prevents ad trackers from monitoring your online activity.
- RAM-only servers — All of ExpressVPN’s servers run exclusively on RAM. This means no data is ever written to a hard drive, and all data is wiped every time the server is rebooted.
In terms of streaming, ExpressVPN works with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+, as well as Guatemala-based streaming services like Claro TV. This way, if you travel abroad, you can still watch your favorite Guatemalan movies and TV shows. Overall, ExpressVPN works with 65+ streaming platforms worldwide.
I also really like how it’s easy to use all of ExpressVPN’s apps. They have sleek and intuitive interfaces that are simple to navigate even if you’ve never used a VPN before. Server locations are broken up into different regions (Guatemala is listed under Americas) so you don’t have to scroll through all 90+ countries. You can also customize ExpressVPN to automatically connect to a Guatemalan server when you open the app.
ExpressVPN offers monthly and yearly plans starting at $6.67 / month and backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It allows up to 5 simultaneous connections.
Read the full ExpressVPN review
🥈 2. Hotspot Shield — Great VPN for Fast & Secure Connections
Hotspot Shield is really fast and comes with excellent security features. In addition, it’s great for streaming (works with all of the popular sites), allows torrenting on its Guatemalan servers, and has intuitive apps.
I was impressed with Hotspot Shield’s speeds while connected to a Guatemalan server. My HD and 4K videos started within seconds, and there was virtually no delay to surf from one website to another. Downloading files was also fast, with a 20GB file taking about 11 minutes to complete. While I had very fast speeds for all of my online activities, ExpressVPN was still slightly faster than Hotspot Shield.
You don’t have to worry about securing your data with Hotspot Shield, either. It has perfect forward secrecy, DNS leak protection, and malware and anti-phishing protections (but it’s missing RAM-only servers).
In addition, Hotspot Shield’s apps are user-friendly. I like a lot of the customization options Hotspot Shield provides. For instance, I set up the app to connect to a Guatemalan server when I connected to a Wi-Fi network at a local cafe — you also have the option to automatically connect to the VPN when you use mobile data.
Hotspot Shield has monthly and yearly plans ($6.67 / month) and offers a very generous 45-day money-back guarantee on all plans. It also has a free plan, but it doesn’t include access to the Guatemalan server.
Read the full Hotspot Shield review
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Guatemala IP Address
- Servers in Guatemala. A VPN needs to have at least one server in Guatemala in order to provide you with a Guatemalan IP address. While there aren’t many VPNs on the market that have one, the 2 VPNs I chose for this list have multiple servers located in Guatemala.
- Connection speeds. When you connect to a VPN, your data travels through the VPN server and gets encrypted. This process takes time and can negatively affect connection speeds. However, both ExpressVPN and Hotspot Shield maintain extremely fast speeds on all servers in Guatemala.
- Strong security. Each of the VPNs on this list secures your data with industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and a strict no-logs policy.
- Ease of use. I only recommend VPNs that have easy-to-use apps for all major devices, making it easy to install and connect to your desired server.
- Customer service. Top VPNs offer multiple types of customer support platforms. Both of the VPNs listed here include responsive 24/7 live chat and email support representatives and helpful troubleshooting guides and FAQs.
- Good Value. The VPNs on this list offer affordable plans, allow multiple connections, and offer a money-back guarantee.
Get a Guatemalan IP Address With ExpressVPN
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best VPN for getting a Guatemalan IP address?
ExpressVPN is my top choice because it offers the most reliable connections to servers in Guatemala, has blazing-fast speeds, and comes with high-end security features. It also works with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and 65+ other streaming sites, and allows torrenting on all of its servers in Guatemala. That said, Hotspot Shield is also a good choice for fast and secure connections to servers in Guatemala.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Guatemalan IP Address?
No, I couldn’t find any free VPNs that offer access to a Guatemalan server. Regardless, I don’t recommend that you use a free VPN — they often have slower speeds, put strict limits on the amount of data you’re allowed to use per day/month, many of them don’t support streaming and torrenting, and some even share your data with third parties.
Instead, I recommend only using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN. It has a server in Guatemala, maintains the fastest speeds out there, works with 65+ streaming services, offers affordable pricing plans that start at $6.67 / month, and backs each purchase with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can get ExpressVPN by following these 3 simple steps.
Can I use a VPN to watch Netflix Guatemala?
Yes, but you’ll need to choose a VPN with at least 1 server in Guatemala. ExpressVPN is my top choice because it offers blazing-fast speeds, consistently works with Netflix Guatemala, and has great security features.
Can I still torrent with a Guatemalan IP Address?
Yes, as long as you’re connected to a VPN server in Guatemala. ExpressVPN and Hotspot Shield support P2P traffic on their Guatemalan servers and are compatible with top torrenting apps like BitTorrent, uTorrent, and Vuze.