Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Denmark IP address:
- 🥇Private Internet Access (PIA): Has excellent security and privacy features, works with sites like Netflix DK and HBO Nordic, allows torrenting on all of its servers, and provides super-fast speeds. It also has intuitive apps, allows up to 10 simultaneous connections, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The best way to get a Denmark IP address (and hide your real IP address) is with a VPN, which is software that allows you to connect to servers in different parts of the world. Once you are connected to a server, the VPN replaces your IP address with one that matches the location of the server you are using (for example, Denmark), so that you can go ahead and use the internet as if you were located in Denmark.
What’s more, a VPN encrypts your internet traffic, making it unreadable to anyone who tries to spy on you. VPNs are also easy to use, affordable and legal.
I tested the best VPNs on the market and was able to get a Denmark IP address with each of my top 3 picks.
Only 3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Denmark IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1: Choose a VPN. Pick a secure VPN that has at least 1 server in Denmark — I recommend Private Internet Access.
- Step 2: Download the VPN. It only takes a few minutes to download and install a VPN app on your device. If you plan to connect more than one device, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN allows — the top VPNs average 5–7 devices, but Private Internet Access allows 10 connections.
- Step 3: Choose a server in Denmark. Scroll down through the VPN’s list of server locations and select a server in Denmark. That’s it! You can now browse the internet as if you were located in Denmark!
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Denmark IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a Danish IP address:
- 🥇1. Private Internet Access (PIA) — Best VPN for getting a Denmark IP address.
- 🥈2. ProtonVPN — Excellent security and very high speeds.
- 🥉3. CyberGhost VPN — High performance VPN with 68 servers in Denmark.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Denmark in 2022.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Denmark IP Address.
🥇1. Private Internet Access (PIA) — Best VPN for Getting a Denmark IP Address
Private Internet Access (PIA) has 2 servers in Denmark, one of which is optimized for streaming, allowing for an excellent streaming experience. PIA works with major streaming sites like Netflix Denmark and HBO Nordic, as well as with lesser-known ones like Viaplay and Hayu. It also supports P2P traffic on all servers, and it works with all of the top torrent clients.
One of the things I like the most about PIA is how fast it is. In my tests, it was able to maintain its excellent speeds across all servers. The sites I visited loaded instantly, and I was able to watch HD and 4K videos without any buffering, and download large files within 20 minutes.
Getting a Danish IP address with PIA was super easy. Its apps are well designed and very intuitive, so I could easily find the list of servers and choose one based on its location, latency, and whether I wanted to use it for streaming or other purposes.
PIA also comes with a great range of advanced security and privacy features, and it offers more extra features overall than most other VPNs, including:
- Transparency reports. To supplement its strict no-logs policy, PIA regularly releases transparency reports to prove that it doesn’t produce any logs or hand over any data.
- Open-source apps. Its apps are fully open-source, meaning that anyone can inspect the code for vulnerabilities.
- Full leak protection. PIA provides protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks. I ran 10+ tests and never saw my real IP address, only PIA’s Danish ones.
- Kill switch. PIA’s kill switch ensures no leaks if the VPN connection is lost. And it’s one of the few VPNs that also offers a kill-switch option on its iOS app.
- Ad and malware blocker. Thanks to PIA’s MACE feature, I could block all the annoying ads and popups while surfing Danish sites.
- Split-tunneling. PIA allows you to route some of your internet traffic through the VPN and some through your local network.
- Tor support. Allows you to browse .onion sites for an extra layer of security.
Private Internet Access (PIA) allows you to connect up to 10 devices simultaneously, and comes with a range of plan options that start at $2.19 / month, making it one of the most affordable reliable VPNs on the market. Plus, all of PIA’s plans are covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. ProtonVPN — Best VPN for High Privacy & Fast Speeds
ProtonVPN has 10 servers in Denmark, excellent privacy and security features, and very fast speeds. In my speed test, I was able to watch HD and 4K videos with almost no buffering (there was only minor buffering while skipping through). It also only took me about 30 minutes to download 50 GB files, which isn’t quite as fast as Private Internet Access, but it’s still very fast compared to other providers.
ProtonVPN is also really good for streaming, but it doesn’t support torrenting in Denmark. All of ProtonVPN’s Plus servers are optimized for streaming, and they work with all the major streaming services. While testing them, I was able to access Netflix Denmark, HBO Nordic, and Disney+, among others. As for torrenting, ProtonVPN supports torrenting on its many P2P-optimized servers in 16+ countries, but it doesn’t have any located in Denmark at the moment.
Getting a Denmark IP address was very easy with ProtonVPN’s intuitive apps. All I had to do was download and install the app (it took just 1 minute), scroll down the list of servers (or just type Denmark on the search bar) and connect. I also like that each server’s icon shows the server’s load percentage, so I knew which servers were reaching capacity.
In addition to having open-source apps and a strict no-logs policy, ProtonVPN (just like Private Internet Access) regularly issues a transparency report to prove it doesn’t hand in user data to authorities. Plus, it’s based in Switzerland, which has strict privacy laws and isn’t part of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliance (a group of countries that have agreed to share intelligence data).
I was also happy to see that ProtonVPN provides full leak protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks. I ran a dozen leak tests and experienced zero leaks, always seeing ProtonVPN’s Denmark IP address and never my real one.
ProtonVPN offers several affordable plan options, starting at $4.99 / month. Its Plus plans come with all features, all 10 Danish servers, and allows 10 simultaneous connections. All of ProtonVPN’s plans are backed up by a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it is prorated, meaning you’ll only receive a refund for the unused portion of your 30 days.
🥉3. CyberGhost VPN — Easy to Use VPN with a Large Server Network
CyberGhost VPN has one of the largest server networks among top VPNs. It has over 7,900 servers spread across 90+ countries, including 55+ servers in Denmark.
Having such a large server network means that CyberGhost can ensure that regardless of where you are located, you will likely find a fast server near you. When you open the app, you can either choose to connect to Best Location, which will find the fastest server for you, or you can choose a location from the servers list and it will automatically connect you to the best server in that country for speed and server load.
I tested both methods during my speed tests, and I found CyberGhost’s speeds to be a bit slower than those of Private Internet Access and ProtonVPN, but still really fast compared to other competitors. The sites I visited loaded in just a couple of seconds, and HD and 4K videos had some minor buffering, especially when skipping through, but the connection was pretty stable, which allowed me to play games without any lag.
I also really like that CyberGhost has a list of servers optimized for specific streaming services. This means that by choosing the server optimized for HBO Max, users are guaranteed to be able to access that service. Other streaming services that aren’t listed can be accessed as well, but it might take a few tries, which happened when I tried accessing Netflix Denmark.
CyberGhost also works well for torrenting. When I selected Denmark in the “For downloading” server list, I got connected automatically to a P2P-optimized server in Denmark, which worked well with popular torrenting apps like qBittorrent.
When it comes to ease of use, CyberGhost’s apps are very intuitive and getting a Danish IP address was really straightforward. Plus, having the app tell you which server to connect to for best speeds, streaming, or torrenting is very helpful, sparing you any wasted time or guesswork.
CyberGhost VPN lets you connect up to 7 devices simultaneously, and it has multiple payment plans that start at $2.23 / month. The long-term plans are also all backed up by a generous 45-day money-back guarantee, while the monthly plan offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Denmark in 2022
- Servers in Denmark. In order to provide you with a Denmark IP address, a VPN needs to have at least 1 server in Denmark. Private Internet Access, my top pick, has 2 Danish servers.
- Strong security. All the VPNs on this list come with industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a strict no-logs policy (meaning the VPN won’t log your IP address and internet traffic), protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks, and a kill switch (which disables internet access if the VPN connection drops, to prevent data leaks).
- Fast speeds. Using a VPN always slows down your online speeds to some extent because of the encryption — but the best VPNs minimize the speed loss to make it unnoticeable. All the VPNs I recommend provided me with good speeds for browsing, streaming, and torrenting.
- Streaming and torrenting support. Streaming sites like Netflix provide different content to different markets, and filter it based on your IP address. This means that if, for example, you have a Danish Netflix account and travel abroad, you might lose access to your country’s library. But with a good VPN, you’ll be able to watch your Danish content from anywhere in the world. Also, most of the VPNs I recommend allow torrenting on their Danish servers.
- Ease of use. All the VPNs I picked for this list are compatible with major platforms and take just a couple of minutes to install. They also come with intuitive interfaces so it’s really easy to find and connect to servers in Denmark.
- Good value. All the VPNs I recommend come with extra features (like split-tunneling and ad blockers), allow multiple simultaneous connections (Private Internet Access allows up to 10 connections), and are backed by money-back guarantees.
Best VPNs for Getting a US IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
|1.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|2.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|3.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
FAQs — How to Get a Denmark IP Address in 2022
How do I get a Danish IP address with a VPN?
You can get a Denmark IP address in just 3 quick steps: pick a VPN, install it on your device, and connect to a Danish server. First you need to choose a reliable VPN that has at least 1 server in Denmark. Once you have downloaded and installed the VPN’s app on your device, you scroll down the list of servers and connect to one located in Denmark. That’s it! It just takes a few minutes.
I strongly recommend using Private Internet Access (PIA) for getting a Danish IP address. PIA has 2 servers in Denmark, it works with major streaming sites like Netflix DK, has excellent security and privacy features, and super-fast connection speeds.
Is it legal to use a VPN to get a Denmark IP address?
Yes, using a VPN to get a Denmark IP address is perfectly legal. VPNs protect your identity when you’re online, and they can also help you access your home country’s websites or streaming content when you travel abroad, for example.
However, engaging in illegal activities while using a VPN is still illegal. Therefore, if you use a VPN-issued Danish IP address in order to stream or torrent Danish content illegally, that is not considered legal.
Can I get a Denmark IP address with a free VPN?
The only reliable VPN that has both a free plan and servers in Denmark is TunnelBear, but its free plan only includes 500 MB of data per month. TunnelBear has good security features and pretty good speeds, but its free plan is mostly intended for users to try out the service since its limited monthly data isn’t enough for streaming and torrenting.
There are other free VPNs that can get you a Denmark IP address, but I strongly recommend against using them. Free VPNs usually lack important security and privacy features, limit your data, have slow speeds, buggy apps, and often have small server networks that don’t include servers in Denmark.
Instead, I recommend getting a reliable, affordable, premium VPN like Private Internet Access.
Can I watch Netflix with a Denmark IP address?
Yes, if you have a Danish Netflix account, you can use a Denmark IP address to watch your library’s content from anywhere in the world. Streaming sites like Netflix usually offer different libraries for different countries, and when you travel abroad, you might lose access to your country’s library.
The best way to watch Netflix Denmark is to use a quality VPN that has servers in Denmark and that also works with Netflix — many VPNs aren’t actually able to connect to the most popular streaming sites, despite claiming they can. I recommend Private Internet Access (PIA) because it has 2 servers in Denmark (one of which is optimized especially for streaming), it consistently works with Netflix, and it provides really fast streaming speeds.