Updated on: February 16, 2024
Only 3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Watch Peacock TV Online With a VPN in 2024:
- Step 1: Download and install a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN as it consistently works with Peacock TV and has very fast speeds.
- Step 2: Connect to a server where Peacock TV is available. Open the VPN app, find a server location where Peacock TV is available, and click to connect to it. If Peacock TV isn’t available in your region, it’s theoretically possible to use a VPN to watch it. But this would be a violation of the platform’s Terms of Service and may constitute copyright infringement.
- Step 3: Log into your Peacock TV account. Find your favorite shows and start streaming.
Peacock TV is only available in certain locations, including the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. The streaming service looks at your IP address to determine your location and whether to show you the content available. This is because it has licensing agreements that don’t allow it to show content outside of these regions.
A VPN can change your IP address to a region where Peacock TV is available. This could hypothetically allow you to watch Peacock TV from a location where it isn’t accessible, but doing so would be against Peacock TV’s Terms of Service and may even be regarded as copyright infringement (which is not something we at SafetyDetectives condone).
Not all VPNs work with Peacock TV, though. On top of that, a lot of VPNs are not exactly user-friendly, offer slow speeds that aren’t great for streaming, and some even lack basic security and privacy features.
The good news is I’ve done the hard work for you. After testing the best VPNs on the market, I’ve found the top choices that work with Peacock TV and ensure fast speeds. The #1 VPN for watching Peacock TV content is ExpressVPN because it has excellent streaming support and impressive speeds.
Best VPNs for Watching Peacock TV Content in 2024
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best overall VPN for watching Peacock TV content (has the fastest speeds out there).
- 🥈2. Private Internet Access — Great for securely streaming Peacock TV (also has really customizable apps).
- 🥉3. CyberGhost VPN — Has streaming-optimized servers for Peacock TV and convenient automation.
- Comparison of the Best VPNs for Peacock TV in 2024.
We at SafetyDetectives don’t condone copyright infringement. Every VPN I recommend follows a strict no-logs policy, which means it doesn’t monitor or keep data on your online activities. You’re solely responsible for how you use the VPN, so make sure you’re following all applicable rules and regulations.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Watching Peacock TV in 2024
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Peacock TV. I was always able to watch Peacock TV US when connected to a local server, and my colleagues from the UK and Germany said they could also watch Peacock TV in their locations with ExpressVPN.
You’re not going to find a better VPN on the market for streaming. It works with the Peacock TV app and website in the US, as well as Sky GO and NOW — Peacock TV is available as part of subscriptions to these platforms in Italy, Ireland, the UK, Germany, Australia, and Switzerland.
ExpressVPN has impressive speeds, which are perfect for streaming in both HD and 4K quality. In my speed tests, all videos loaded instantly, and there was no buffering or lag, even when I skipped through them.
I also love how easy it is to use ExpressVPN’s apps. Every tab in the app is clearly labeled, which makes it very easy to find all features. I also think its Shortcuts feature, which lets you create 1-click shortcuts to apps, is really convenient — for example, you can add your Peacock TV app to Shortcuts, and it will pop up on your screen every time you connect to a VPN server.
What sets ExpressVPN apart, in terms of device compatibility, is its router app. ExpressVPN is one of the only VPNs on the market that has a dedicated app you can install on your router. The app makes it super simple to protect all of your devices with just 1 connection so that you can watch Peacock TV on devices that don’t support VPN apps.
ExpressVPN offers a well-rounded security framework. The company’s strict no-logs policy has been audited and confirmed multiple times, and it uses RAM-only servers that delete all data upon reboot, so it never keeps user data for too long. It also uses perfect forward secrecy, which constantly changes the encryption key for each VPN session, so even if a bad actor gains access to one key, your past, and future traffic will remain safe.
ExpressVPN offers monthly and yearly plans that start at $6.67 / month. Despite being a tad pricier than some of its competitors, ExpressVPN offers immense value. Also, this VPN’s plans come backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
🥈2. Private Internet Access — Advanced Security & Privacy for Watching Peacock TV
Private Internet Access (PIA) has advanced security and privacy for safely streaming content on Peacock TV. It uses RAM-only servers and perfect forward secrecy, employs full leak protection, and has an audited no-logs policy. It’s also great that PIA releases regular transparency reports to prove it hasn’t shared any user data with authorities.
I also love how PIA offers streaming-optimized servers in the US, the UK, and Italy. The VPN recommends using these servers to get the best streaming experience. But I was able to watch Peacock TV in the US while connected to a regular US server.
I tested PIA’s speeds, and the results were really great. Websites loaded instantly, HD videos loaded instantly and didn’t buffer, and 4K videos took just 2 seconds to load. That said, ExpressVPN still provided me with better speeds.
PIA is great for beginners. It lets you browse servers by name and latency, so it’s easy to find any server location and pick the fastest one. Plus, I like that it lists the last 6 locations you’ve connected to on the main dashboard. Also, it allows unlimited connections, so everyone in your family can use it to stream Peacock TV.
But, it’s also an excellent pick for advanced users. PIA’s apps are highly customizable and let you configure the VPN connection based on what you use the VPN for. You can switch between encryption levels, choose from a list of protocols, and set automation rules. While PIA has router support, you’ll have to manually set it up, which can get a bit technical. That’s why I prefer ExpressVPN‘s dedicated router app.
Private Internet Access is one of the most budget-friendly VPNs, with plans starting at $2.11 / month. All plans are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. CyberGhost VPN — Dedicated Servers for Peacock TV
CyberGhost VPN has streaming servers that are optimized to work with Peacock TV, including Peacock in the US and Sky Go in the UK. This means that these servers always work with these streaming platforms and provide great speeds for streaming.
Plus, it’s really easy to find the Peacock TV-optimized servers. The app keeps its streaming-optimized servers in a separate tab, so you don’t have to spend any extra time scrolling through the full server list.
Also, the provider offers cool tools to automate your VPN connections. You can set CyberGhost to automatically connect to the streaming-optimized Peacock TV server and open the Peacock TV app when you launch the VPN app.
CyberGhost offers really fast speeds. In my tests, all HD videos loaded instantly, and there wasn’t any buffering. My 4K videos took only 2–3 seconds to load, and there was only minimal buffering at the beginning. But I still think ExpressVPN and Private Internet Access are faster.
CyberGhost provides great security and privacy features, too. It has RAM-only servers, perfect forward secrecy, an audited no-logs policy, and DNS and IPv6 leak protection. And, like Private Internet Access, it releases regular transparency reports.
CyberGhost VPN has affordable plans that start at just $2.11 / month. Its long-term plans are backed by a generous 45-day money-back guarantee, and its shortest plan comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Comparison of the Best VPNs for Watching Peacock TV in 2024
|Number. of Connections
|$6.67 / month
(dedicated router app)
|🥈2. Private Internet Access
|$2.11 / month
|🥉3. CyberGhost VPN
|$2.19 / month
|45 days (long-term plans only)
How to Choose the Best VPN for Watching Peacock TV in 2024
- Find a VPN with strong streaming support. Every VPN on my list works well with Peacock TV.
- Choose a VPN that offers fast speeds. All VPNs will slightly slow down your connections due to the encryption they use to protect your data from prying eyes. But with a top-tier VPN, you’ll hardly notice any latency. In my tests, ExpressVPN was the fastest and had no problem loading and playing both HD and 4K videos without any buffering.
- Select a VPN with great privacy and security. Each VPN I recommend comes with industry-standard security features such as 256-bit AES encryption, a strict no-logs policy that prevents the VPN from tracking your IP address or online activities, and a kill switch that cuts off your internet connection if your connection to the VPN drops.
- Get a VPN with user-friendly apps. It won’t take more than just a couple of clicks to connect to a server and watch Peacock TV with any of the VPNs on this list. Their apps are intuitive and are compatible with iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and most smart TVs, so you can stream Peacock TV on any device.
- Buy a VPN that offers great value. All the VPNs I recommend have reasonably priced plans, allow multiple simultaneous connections, and offer affordable plans and a generous money-back guarantee.
How to Watch Peacock TV Content on Any Device
How to Watch Peacock TV Content on Your PC or Mac Device
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. Make sure the VPN has user-friendly apps for Windows and macOS devices and works with Peacock TV, like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN. Follow the on-screen instructions to set it up. This usually only takes 1–2 minutes.
- Connect to a server. Now, launch your Peacock TV app, log into your account, and start streaming.
How to Watch Peacock TV Content on Your Smartphone or Tablet
- Select a VPN that works with Peacock TV. I recommend ExpressVPN because it has user-friendly apps for Android and iOS and it always works with Peacock TV.
- Download the VPN app. Find the VPN app in the Google Play Store or the App Store and follow the installation’s wizard instructions. It only takes 1–2 minutes.
- Connect to a server. Next, open the Peacock TV app, log into your account, and enjoy your favorite shows.
How to Watch Peacock TV Content on Your Smart TV
- Choose a VPN that works with Peacock TV. I recommend ExpressVPN because it’s got great Peacock TV support and has the fastest speeds on the market.
- On Android TVs: Go to the Google Play Store, find the VPN app, and download it on your device. Follow the installation wizard to set it up.
- On non-Android TVs: Configure the VPN on your router. If you picked ExpressVPN, all you’ll have to do is install the provider’s app on the router. Then, connect to a server.
- Launch your Peacock TV app. Find your favorite show and enjoy!
How to Watch Peacock TV Content on Amazon Fire Stick
- Get a VPN with great streaming support. I recommend ExpressVPN as it works with Peacock TV 100% of the time and has user-friendly apps for all Fire Stick devices.
- Download and install the VPN. Download the app from the Amazon app store and follow the installation wizard’s instructions.
- Connect to a server. Then launch the Peacock TV app, find your favorite show, and start streaming.
How to Watch Peacock TV Content on Your Gaming Console
- Select a VPN that works with Peacock TV. Also, make sure the VPN offers good router support — ExpressVPN is the best choice since it has a dedicated router app.
- Set up the VPN on your router. Find and follow the VPN provider’s guide to set it up on the router. If you use ExpressVPN, all you have to do is install it on your router. Then, connect to a server.
- Launch your Peacock TV app. Log into your account and find your favorite titles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I watch Peacock TV from my location?
Due to broadcasting rights, Peacock TV is only available in a few countries, including the US, UK, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, and Italy. US users can directly subscribe to Peacock TV, but for those located in regions where Peacock TV is available outside of the US, they can only watch Peacock TV content if they subscribe to Sky Go or Now.
If you want to securely stream Peacock TV with a VPN, I recommend ExpressVPN — it always works with Peacock TV and has the fastest speeds on the market for uninterrupted streaming.
Do free VPNs work with Peacock TV?
Maybe, but I don’t recommend it. Free VPNs might not work with Peacock TV. Plus, they often have limitations on bandwidth and speeds and don’t have servers in the countries where Peacock is available. Instead, I recommend getting an affordable quality VPN, like ExpressVPN — it works with Peacock TV 24/7, has unlimited data, really fast speeds, and intuitive apps.
Can I use a VPN on multiple devices to watch Peacock TV?
Yes, you can connect multiple devices simultaneously with a single VPN subscription. Premium VPNs (like ExpressVPN) allow multiple connections at the same time. And there are some top VPNs like Private Internet Access that allow unlimited connections — this means your whole family can watch Peacock TV on their own devices at the same time without needing separate VPN subscriptions.
Will using a VPN affect the video quality on Peacock TV?
No, a quality premium VPN shouldn’t affect the video quality. While a VPN encrypts your data, which can cause some speed loss, good VPNs offer high-speed servers that minimize this impact — you shouldn’t have any issues streaming Peacock TV content in HD and 4K quality.