Updated on: November 21, 2023
Only 3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Watch I Am Ruth Online With a VPN in 2023:
- Step 1: Download and install a good VPN for streaming. My top recommendation is ExpressVPN, because it works with Channel 4, it’s super fast, and it has strong security.
- Step 3: Log into Channel 4 & watch I Am Ruth. That’s it, you’re now all set to watch I Am Ruth while protected by a VPN.
I Am Ruth is only available on Channel 4 in the UK. This means you won’t be able to watch the episode if you’re outside of the UK.
I like the privacy a VPN provides whenever I stream my favorite movies and TV shows. When you connect to a VPN, it encrypts all of your data. This means a third party, such as your internet service provider (ISP), can’t see the websites you visit and apps you use — so your ISP won’t throttle your speeds if you engage in bandwidth-heavy activities, like streaming.
If you want to safely watch I Am Ruth with a VPN, I found the best ones. ExpressVPN is my top recommendation, as it’s got excellent streaming support and the fastest speeds on the market.
Best VPNs for Watching I Am Ruth in 2023
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best overall VPN for watching I Am Ruth online.
- 🥈2. CyberGhost VPN — Great for watching I Am Ruth on streaming-optimized servers.
- 🥉3. NordVPN — Fast & secure VPN for streaming I Am Ruth on mobile.
- Comparison of the Best VPNs for Watching I Am Ruth Online in 2023.
Neither I nor any of my colleagues at SafetyDetectives condone using a VPN to break copyright law or any other illegal activities. The VPNs on this list all have strict no-logs policies, which means they don’t track your online activities. You alone are responsible for the way you use a VPN. We recommend following all rules and regulations.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Watching I Am Ruth in 2023
ExpressVPN is my top recommendation for watching I Am Ruth because it consistently works with Channel 4, which streams full episodes. My colleagues in the UK tested all of ExpressVPN’s UK server locations and were able to stream I Am Ruth and all the other episodes of the I Am… series available on Channel 4.
ExpressVPN has blazing-fast speeds for smoothly streaming I Am Ruth. In my speed tests, HD videos loaded instantly and there was no buffering. Plus, ExpressVPN has servers in 5 UK locations, so it’s always easy to connect to a nearby server for the best possible speeds.
ExpressVPN protects your data while streaming I Am Ruth with advanced security features. These include RAM-only servers, which wipe all data with every reboot, perfect forward secrecy that constantly changes your encryption key, and full leak protection against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks. The provider also has an audited no-logs policy and Threat Manager, which blocks trackers and malicious sites that claim to stream I Am Ruth online.
I find ExpressVPN’s split-tunneling tool super useful. This feature lets you choose which apps use the VPN’s encrypted connection, and which ones connect normally through your local internet, so you can only route your Channel 4 traffic through the VPN and get better speeds overall.
ExpressVPN divides servers into regions (the UK servers are under Europe), so it’s very easy to find and connect to a server in the UK. It also has a Smart Location feature that finds the fastest server for your location, and you can select specific servers as a Favorite. Finally, I like the Shortcuts feature, which creates 1-click shortcuts to your favorite websites and apps — like Channel 4.
The provider has apps for all major OS, including Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and Linux so you’ll be able to watch I Am Ruth on any device. It works with Fire Stick devices, too, and has a dedicated router app, allowing you to connect any device connected to the router to the VPN (so you can stream on your smart TV or gaming console).
ExpressVPN offers plans starting at $6.67 / month. You can try it out risk-free, since it backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. CyberGhost VPN — Streaming-Optimized Servers For Watching I Am Ruth
CyberGhost VPN has streaming servers optimized for Channel 4. These servers are designed to consistently work with the site and provide the best possible speeds for streaming. My colleagues in the UK tested them and confirmed they work. The VPN keeps the streaming servers in a separate tab on the main window, so they’re easy to find and connect to.
CyberGhost VPN has really good speeds — in my speed tests, HD videos loaded instantly. My colleagues in the UK said they could stream I Am… episodes without any buffering when connected to both CyberGhost’s streaming-optimized and regular UK servers.
I particularly like the Smart Rules feature, which gives you a lot of customization options. One of my favorites is you can set it up to auto-connect to any server (like the Channel 4 streaming server) when you launch the VPN app. Another cool option is you can also set it up to launch your browser or the Channel 4 app when it establishes a connection.
CyberGhost VPN has apps for all devices, so you’ll be able to stream I Am Ruth on desktop and mobile. It works with Fire Stick devices, too, and has router support, though it requires manual configuration, which is a bit more complicated and takes more time to set up compared to ExpressVPN’s dedicated router app.
CyberGhost VPN uses RAM-only servers and perfect forward secrecy and protects against DNS and IPv6 leaks. Still, it’s a shame you have to manually enable WebRTC leak protection, which you get as a built-in feature with ExpressVPN.
CyberGhost VPN’s plans start at an affordable $2.03 / month. It offers a 45-day money-back guarantee on its long-term plans and a 14-day money-back guarantee on its monthly plan.
🥉3. NordVPN — Fast VPN for Watching I Am Ruth With Great Security
NordVPN is a great pick for securely streaming I Am Ruth. It has all the advanced security features, including RAM-only servers, perfect forward secrecy, and full leak protection. NordVPN works really well with Channel 4. My colleagues in the UK tested all of its 4 UK server locations and reported no trouble watching an episode.
I like that the VPN provides very fast speeds. In my speed tests, all HD videos on YouTube took no more than 1–2 seconds to load. My UK colleagues tested its speeds on Channel 4 and had the same results. However, NordVPN is slightly slower than ExpressVPN and CyberGhost VPN, but it’s still a solid choice for buffer-free streaming.
NordVPN’s apps are easy to navigate. You get an auto-connect feature that can be configured to connect you to a UK server every time you launch the app. My favorite part about the apps is the interactive map that allows you to connect to a server by clicking on the country pin — this makes it very easy to find a UK server that’s closest to your location.
Like ExpressVPN and CyberGhost, NordVPN offers apps for all devices, including Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. It supports Fire Sticks and you can configure it on your router.
NordVPN’s plans start at $2.99 / month and have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Comparison of the Best VPNs for Watching I Am Ruth in 2023
|VPN||Starting Price||UK Server Locations||Router Support||Leak Protection||Number of Simultaneous Devices||Money-Back Guarantee|
|🥇1. ExpressVPN||$6.67 / month||5
(London, East London, Wembley, and the Docklands)
|Up to 8||30 days|
|🥈2. CyberGhost VPN||$2.03 / month||3
(London, Berkshire, Manchester)
|🥉3. NordVPN||$2.99 / month||4
(Edinburgh, London, Manchester, and Glasgow)
How to Choose the Best VPN for Watching I Am Ruth in 2023
- Choose a VPN with excellent streaming support. A lot of VPNs out there don’t reliably work with streaming apps, like Channel 4, where you can watch I Am Ruth. The VPNs on this list consistently work with Channel 4 at all times, as confirmed by my UK colleagues.
- Get a fast VPN. VPNs slow down your connection because they encrypt your traffic and route it through their servers. But premium VPNs, like the ones on my list, maintain fast speeds regardless. ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN on the market.
- Pick a VPN with user-friendly apps. The VPNs I recommend have an intuitive interface on all devices and make it easy to find and connect to a server to watch I Am Ruth securely.
- Check for great security features. All the VPNs on this list have industry-standard security features, including 256-bit AES encryption (military-grade), a kill switch (shuts down your internet connection if your VPN disconnects), and a no-logs policy that prevents them from monitoring and logging your online activities.
- Opt for a VPN that offers excellent value. The VPNs on this list come with extra features like split-tunneling, budget-friendly plans, and a money-back guarantee on all plans.
How to Watch I Am Ruth on Any Device
How to Watch I Am Ruth on Your PC or Mac Device
- Choose a VPN that has good streaming support. ExpressVPN is my top recommendation because it’s very fast, highly secure, and it reliably works with Channel 4, which has I Am Ruth and all the other episodes in the I Am… series.
- Download and install the VPN app. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard. This usually takes 1–2 minutes.
- Connect to a local server. You’re now ready to watch I Am Ruth on desktop.
How to Watch I Am Ruth on Your Smartphone or Tablet
- Pick a good streaming VPN. ExpressVPN’s got user-friendly Android and iOS apps and excellent streaming support.
- Install the VPN on your device. Download the VPN app from your device’s app store and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect to a nearby server. You can now start watching I Am Ruth securely on your mobile device.
How to Watch I Am Ruth on Your Smart TV
- Choose a VPN that works with smart TVs. ExpressVPN has a beginner-friendly app for Android TVs and an easy-to-use router app for TVs that don’t support VPNs.
- For Android TVs. Download the VPN app from the app store, log into your VPN account, and connect to a local server.
- For non-Android TVs. Configure the VPN on your router. Setting up ExpressVPN’s app on my router took me about 7–8 minutes in total.
- Go to Channel 4. Search for the I Am … series to find the I Am Ruth episode, and start watching!
How to Watch I Am Ruth on Amazon Fire Stick
- Find a VPN with strong streaming support. ExpressVPN has a dedicated Fire Stick app and the fastest speeds on the market for buffer-free streaming.
- Install the VPN app on your Fire Stick. This should take 1–2 minutes only.
- Connect to a local server. You’re all set to watch I Am Ruth on your Fire Stick!
How to Watch I Am Ruth on Your Gaming Console
- Select a VPN compatible with routers. ExpressVPN supports router configuration on tons of different router models and is one of the few VPNs with a dedicated router app.
- Set up the VPN on your router. Use the guide on the VPN provider’s website for your router model. Once connected, all of the devices connected to your router will be protected by the VPN connection.
- Open Channel 4 on your console. Find the I Am Ruth episode, and enjoy watching it on your PlayStation or Xbox.
What Streaming Services Show I Am Ruth?
|Location 🌍||Platforms Streaming I Am Ruth 📺||Payment Options||Free Trial|
|UK 🇬🇧||Channel 4||Free||❌|
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need it to watch I Am Ruth?
A VPN helps you securely stream the I Am Ruth episode online. VPNs encrypt your traffic, which means nobody, not even your ISP (internet service provider) can tell what you’re watching online. If you want to safely watch I Am Ruth with a VPN, I recommend ExpressVPN since it works reliably with Channel 4 and has the best speeds on the market.
Is it legal to use a VPN to watch I Am Ruth?
Yes, it’s perfectly legal to watch the show in the UK while using a VPN — they are allowed in the country. If you’re looking for the best one, check out the VPNs I recommend to see which one is the best for you.
Can I watch I Am Ruth on multiple devices with a VPN?
Yes, most VPNs allow simultaneous connections, so you and your entire family can watch the episode over a VPN on different devices at the same time. The VPNs I mention in this article allow at least 7 connections, while Private Internet Access allows unlimited connections.
Can I use a free VPN to watch I Am Ruth?
Maybe, but I don’t recommend it. A lot of free VPNs have slow speeds or daily/monthly data caps that make them unsuitable for streaming. Worst of all, many free VPNs don’t work with sites like Channel 4. Instead, I prefer premium VPNs, like ExpressVPN, which have excellent streaming support, fast speeds, and great security features for safely streaming I Am Ruth.