Updated on: September 9, 2023
Only 3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Get Unbanned From Omegle in 2023:
- Step 1: Install a reliable VPN. ExpressVPN is the best option for getting around an Omegle ban thanks to its strong privacy features, fast speeds, and large server network.
- Step 2: Connect to a server. Choose a server that’s close to you to get the best possible speeds.
- Step 3: Log into your Omegle account. You should no longer see the message telling you that you’re banned.
It’s actually pretty common to get banned on Omegle, even if you’ve done nothing wrong. And then you’re unable to access the site for weeks or possibly months. When Omegle bans a user, the free online chat app bans the user’s IP address (and not the actual user account).
The best way to circumvent a ban is by using a VPN, which has servers located all over the world. When you connect to a VPN server, it assigns you a new virtual IP address — and hides your actual IP address. This way, Omegle will only see your new IP address and your access to the site will be restored.
But not all VPNs are good for accessing Omegle — many can’t circumvent its bans, while others are not safe to use, buggy, or very slow. The good news is all of the 4 VPNs I tested work with Omegle 100%. ExpressVPN was the best VPN, due to its vast server network, blazing-fast speeds, and user-friendly apps.
Best VPNs for Getting Unbanned From Omegle in 2023
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for getting unbanned from Omegle in 2023.
- 🥈2. Private Internet Access — Versatile VPN for Omegle (with affordable plans).
- 🥉3. NordVPN — Great security to access Omegle safely.
- 4. Surfshark — Good privacy features while using Omegle.
- Comparison of the Best VPNs for Getting Unbanned from Omegle in 2023.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting Unbanned From Omegle in 2023
ExpressVPN is my go-to VPN for bypassing Omegle bans — it has servers in 90+ countries, which means there are plenty of IP addresses available, and it works with Omegle 100% of the time.
Every server I tested (in my country as well as in 20 other countries) gave me a new IP, and all of them let me use the moderated section of Omegle’s chat. I was also very impressed with my connection speeds using ExpressVPN’s proprietary Lightway protocol. I never had to wait for my Omegle messages to be sent, and my video calls were free of lag.
ExpressVPN comes with full leak protection against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks, and it has a built-in kill switch on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android. Both will keep your data (including your IP address) from leaking on to the internet — and prevent Omegle from seeing your actual IP address and reinstating your ban.
ExpressVPN’s TrustedServer technology also provides excellent security. It uses RAM-only servers and wipes all data on its servers with every reboot, and its strict no-logs policy, which has been independently audited multiple times, also ensures that your visits to Omegle remain private.
I’m a big fan of ExpressVPN’s Threat Manager, which is a tracker and malware blocker that will help protect you from accidentally accessing phishing websites aimed at extracting your personal information or malware-infected URLs — just in case the person you’re chatting with shares a malicious link with you.
I also like that split-tunneling is available on ExpressVPN for Windows, macOS, and Android. This will let you choose which apps you want to send through your VPN and which apps you want to send through your local network — for example, you can chat on Omegle connected to an ExpressVPN server and check your email connected to your ISP.
ExpressVPN costs as low as $6.67 / month and backs all plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. Private Internet Access — Cheap and Flexible VPN for Accessing Omegle
Private Internet Access (PIA) is a highly customizable VPN for getting unbanned on Omegle, and it’s one of the cheapest options on the market.
It’s very easy to use this VPN, and I love how it gives you the option of enabling the VPN Kill Switch option, which acts like most other kill switches, or the Advanced Kill Switch setting, which prevents you from going online unless you are connected to the VPN. You also get IP-based split-tunneling, which is more flexible than ExpressVPN’s app-based split-tunneling — you can conveniently exclude websites instead of just apps.
PIA’s WireGuard protocol is not as fast as ExpressVPN’s Lightway protocol, but the small difference in speeds had little effect on my Omegle usage as I experienced no interruptions during video calls.
I like that PIA’s apps are completely open source (so anyone can inspect their code for issues). Also, the VPN uses perfect forward secrecy and RAM-only servers. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy that has been independently audited and proven true in court documents.
PIA also comes with PIA MACE, which is the best ad, tracker, and malware blocker on the market — while ExpressVPN’s Threat Manager is really good, it lacks the ad blocking ability. A quick visit to a social media website proved its effectiveness, as I was able to browse the site blissfully ad-free.
Private Internet Access has low-cost plans (starting at $2.19 / month) and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. NordVPN — Strong Security Features to Keep You Safe on Omegle
NordVPN has an impressive list of advanced security features, which protect your online data while accessing Omegle. It has full leak protection, RAM-only servers, and perfect forward secrecy. Plus, its no-logs policy has been independently audited and confirmed multiple times.
I also really like the VPN’s Threat Protection feature. It blocks ads, stops you from connecting to malicious links and protects you from malware-infected downloads — plus, it works even when you’re not connected to a VPN server.
NordVPN also offers dedicated IP’s for a small additional cost. A dedicated IP makes it easier to get access to Omegle, which bans IP addresses if it notices that their being used by a lot of people (like with standard VPN servers). But when you use a dedicated IP, you’re the only one using that specific IP address.
The provider has great speeds as well. Although NordVPN is not as fast as ExpressVPN and Private Internet Access, I was still able to chat on Omegle without any annoying interruptions. I liked using NordVPN’s NordLynx protocol, since it gave me the fastest speeds during my tests.
NordVPN has tier-based subscriptions and budget-friendly plans that start at $3.19 / month. All purchases are backed by a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
4. Surfshark — Great VPN for Accessing Omegle on Multiple Devices
Surfshark has really good features that protect your privacy while you chat on Omegle. I especially like its IP Rotator feature, as it’s great for accessing Omegle consistently. This feature regularly changes your IP address without disconnecting you from the VPN server. This means it is harder for Omegle to ban you since your IP is constantly changing.
Another cool feature is the Overriding GPS Location tool for Android. It always matches your GPS location with your virtual one, preventing many Android devices from allowing apps to see your actual location.
Surfshark performed well in my speed tests, but it was still the slowest VPN on this list. My chats on Omegle loaded right away on local servers. However, I was a bit disappointed with the speeds on long-distance servers, as I had to wait at least 3 seconds for chats to load.
The VPN has a strict no-logs policy, which has also undergone an independent security audit. Plus, you get advanced features like RAM-only servers and perfect forward secrecy. And it also has CleanWeb, which blocks ads and prevents you from visiting malicious sites.
Surfshark has plans starting at only $2.30 / month. All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Comparison of the Best VPNs for Omegle in 2023
|VPN||Starting Price||Has a Kill Switch?||Split-Tunneling?||Number of Countries||Money-Back Guarantee|
|🥇1. ExpressVPN||$6.67 / month||✅||Android ✅
|🥈2. Private Internet Access||$2.19 / month||✅||Android ✅
|🥉3. NordVPN||$3.19 / month||✅||Android ✅
|4. Surfshark||$2.30 / month||✅||Android ✅
How to Choose the Best VPN for Omegle in 2023
- Choose a VPN that works with Omegle. Every provider listed here is able to bypass Omegle bans and VPN blocks every single time.
- Get a VPN with a large server network. All of the VPNs I recommend offer servers in at least 50+ countries (my top pick, ExpressVPN, has servers in 90+ countries), allowing you to use many different IP addresses to get around an Omegle ban.
- Pick a VPN with fast connection speeds. Using any VPN will slow down your internet speeds to some extent due to the encryption process, but all of the VPNs here will let you maintain very fast speeds for smooth Omegle video calls (ExpressVPN is the fastest).
- Opt for a VPN with strong privacy. The best VPNs prevent IP leaks, which is when your real IP address is exposed through your VPN — which will probably lead Omegle to see your real IP address and reinstate your ban. Also, all of the VPNs I recommend have a verified no-logs policy (meaning they don’t store any data on you).
- Ensure the VPN has tight security. All of the VPNs listed here have industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and a built-in malicious link blocker to protect you from malicious actors on Omegle.
- Go for a VPN with affordable plans. The VPNs I recommend have very affordable plans, and come with money-back guarantees, so you can try them out risk-free.
Why Are You Getting Banned From Omegle?
- Hateful or unlawful behavior. Engaging in activities that violate local, national, or international laws, such as making threats of violence, engaging in discrimination, or harassing others, can result in a ban. For example, if you use hate speech towards another user, you may be banned.
- Sexual conduct and content. Sharing explicit sexual content, engaging in sexual activities on camera, or displaying nudity is strictly prohibited on Omegle. Participating in or encouraging such behavior can lead to an immediate ban.
- Intellectual property infringement. Using copyrighted material without permission, such as playing copyrighted music in the background of your video or sharing copyrighted videos or images, can get you banned. This is down to intellectual property rights.
- Quitting chats too frequently. Constantly disconnecting or quitting chats in quick succession can flag you as a potential spammer or someone with a poor internet connection. Although you may not mean to do it, this behavior may lead to a ban.
- Too many people quit on you. If a significant number of users report that you were offensive, inappropriate, or engaging in behavior that violates Omegle’s guidelines, you may be banned even if you believe you did nothing wrong. The assumption is that if multiple users are quitting on you, there might be an issue with your behavior.
- Somebody reports you. If another user reports your behavior to Omegle, the site may review the complaint and take action, which could result in a ban. In some cases, users may falsely report others, and even if you’re not guilty, Omegle may still implement a ban while investigating the report.
- Advertising or spamming. Using Omegle to advertise products, services, or websites, or engaging in spamming activities, can lead to a ban. Omegle is meant for personal interactions, and any form of promotional or spam behavior is not allowed.
- You’re underage. Omegle has an “adult” version that’s intended for users who are 18 years or older. If you’re found to be underage, Omegle may ban you to ensure compliance with legal requirements and to protect minors from potentially inappropriate content or interactions.
How to Get Unbanned From Omegle
There are a few methods you can try to get unbanned from Omegle:
- Use a VPN. A virtual private network (VPN) is the most reliable way to get unbanned from Omegle. By using a VPN, you can change your IP address and make it appear as if you are accessing Omegle from a different location. Since Omegle bans users based on their IP address, this is the quickest and easiest way around the ban.
- Use a proxy service. A proxy server acts as an intermediary between your device and Omegle. It can help you hide your real IP address and make it appear as if you are accessing Omegle from a different location (unlike VPNs, they don’t encrypt your connection). However, keep in mind that Omegle actively monitors and blocks proxy servers, so this might not always work.
- Contact Omegle support. Visit Omegle’s website and look for a contact or support page. Send them a polite and concise message explaining your situation and requesting to have your ban lifted. While a positive response is not guaranteed, it’s worth a try.
- Wait it out. Not all Omegle bans are permanent, so you may be able to just wait until the ban period expires and regain access. Also, your ISP typically refreshes your IP address every few days, and once it changes, you should be able to regain access to Omegle.
- Change your device or network. If the ban is tied to your device or network, using a different device or connecting through a different network, such as a public Wi-Fi hotspot or a friend’s internet connection, might help you bypass the ban.
- Reset your modem or router. Simply power off the device, wait for up to an hour, and then power it back on. This can often result in your internet service provider assigning you a different IP address.
- Contact your ISP. You can always try contacting your ISP and explaining the situation. Ask them if they can assign you a new IP address. Depending on your provider, they may or may not be able to fulfill this request.
What Are the Dangers of Using Omegle
There are a few potential dangers/safety risks to be aware of when using Omegle, including:
- Exposure to explicit or inappropriate content. Omegle’s unmoderated nature can expose users, especially minors, to explicit or inappropriate material.
- Inappropriate and abusive behavior. Users on Omegle may engage in harassment, bullying, or threats, leading to emotional distress and potential safety concerns.
- Privacy risks. Omegle keeps records of your videos, messages, and IP address for about 4 months after each chat. This means that the site can store and access the conversations that happen on Omegle, and that this information is vulnerable to hackers if Omegle’s servers were to be breached.
- Predators and scams. Omegle’s anonymous environment can attract people with malicious intentions, including predators and scammers looking to exploit other users.
- Malware and viruses. Clicking on links or downloading files shared by other users on Omegle can expose your device to malware, viruses, or other malicious software (I always recommend using a strong antivirus if using Omegle or other online chat platforms).
- Non-consensual recording and sharing. There is a risk of encountering people on Omegle who may record or capture your conversations or video chats without your consent. They could later share or distribute these recordings, violating your privacy.
Facts About Omegle That You May Not Know
Omegle was founded in 2009 by 18-year old Leif K. Brooks, and it has since grown to having approximately 50 million users per month.
Omegle is an online chat platform that allows users to engage in anonymous conversations with strangers from around the world. You don’t need to give any personal information or even create an account to get started.
When using Omegle, you’ll be randomly matched with others for one-on-one conversations, so you never know who you’re going to be speaking with next. You can also enter your interests and hobbies, and Omegle uses these to match you with others with the same interests.
Omegle also provides extra chat modes such as “Spy Mode” where users can observe and ask questions to two strangers already engaged in a conversation.
Omegle also has a “College Student Chat” mode, which is a specialized feature that allows college students to connect with other students from universities and colleges around the world. It provides a platform for students to discuss shared interests, experiences, or academic topics in a more targeted setting.
Omegle doesn’t have a comprehensive moderation system, which means you may encounter explicit, offensive, or inappropriate content during their chats. Omegle has an “adult” version intended for users 18 or older, and for users 13 or older, it has an “all-ages” version, which uses image-recognition software to track and shut down inappropriate chats. If you’re concerned about your child using Omegle, I recommend using a good-quality parental control app to help moderate inappropriate content.
Omegle is also banned in some restrictive countries like China, the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Libya, and Pakistan — users in these countries would need to use a VPN to access the site.
Other Reasons to Use a VPN While on Omegle
Privacy is important and a trustworthy VPN can ensure that. Features such as a kill switch and IP leak protection are invaluable as they ensure that your location remains concealed and your data safe even if the VPN connection fails.
VPNs also apply encryption to your online activities, including the websites you frequent, making them unreadable to any third parties such as your ISP, hackers, or the government. This ensures that your use of Omegle and your messages remain unseen. Although technically, a VPN could track the sites you access, all the leading VPNs in 2023 adhere to a stringent no-logs policy, ensuring they don’t record your internet usage history.
Many VPNs, including my top picks, offer malicious site blockers — this is a useful bonus feature — especially when navigating Omegle, as a lot of bad actors share phishing and other malicious links in chats, so you’ll be protected if you click on any of them by mistake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Omegle block VPNs?
Yes, because Omegle doesn’t want people to be able to get around their bans. If your VPN isn’t very good, Omegle may detect that you’re using one and block you. ExpressVPN is an excellent VPN for bypassing bans and protecting yourself on Omegle.
How long does an Omegle ban last?
There’s no way to know how long you’re banned from Omegle. From user reports, a typical ban lasts anywhere from as short as a week to as long as 4 months. Permanent bans are rarely handed out and are reserved for the worst violators, such as users who engage in abusive, racist, or sexual behavior in moderated chats.
If you don’t want to wait your ban out, you can use a VPN to circumvent it. ExpressVPN is my recommendation — it’s fast, secure, easy-to-use, and has a huge server network that constantly refreshes its IP addresses.
What free VPNs work with Omegle?
In general, free VPNs aren’t a safe or reliable option for Omegle. They’re often blocked because they’re easily detected, offer few usable IP addresses, and/or have IP leaks. Some free VPNs are even known to sell your personal data to third parties like advertisers.
If you’re only in the market for a free VPN, check out hide.me or Proton VPN. But the best way to bypass an Omegle ban is still to use a paid VPN like ExpressVPN, which has a large server network, excellent security features, and very fast speeds.
Is Omegle safe?
Never click on suspicious links or share personal information with strangers. What’s more, it’s best to use a really good VPN to protect your data. A VPN won’t prevent Omegle from storing your chats, but it will stop others from spying on your chats (with bank-grade encryption), and it will assign you a virtual IP address to help you bypass Omegle’s bans.