Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get an Israeli IP address:
- 🥇 Proton VPN: Works with Israeli sites like Netflix Israel, provides very fast speeds, allows torrenting on Israeli servers, and comes with high-end security and privacy features. Also has very user-friendly apps, allows up to 10 connections, is affordable, and backs all purchases with a prorated 30-day money-back guarantee.
The easiest and safest way to get an Israeli IP address is to use a VPN, an online app that allows you to connect to multiple servers around the world. Once connected, the VPN server changes your original IP address to a new IP address that matches the country you’re connected to (like Israel). You can then start surfing the web as if you were actually located in Israel.
What’s more, when you connect to a VPN server, it also encrypts your traffic (makes it completely unreadable), protecting you from hackers. VPNs are also legal, affordable, and easy to use.
I tested the best VPNs on the market and I was able to get an Israeli IP address with each of my top 3 choices.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting an Israeli IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Pick a secure VPN that has at least 1 server in Israel. I recommend Proton VPN — it provides excellent security and privacy features, has blazing-fast speeds, and works with Israeli sites like Netflix Israel.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. Most VPNs take 1–2 minutes to install. If you want to install the VPN on multiple devices, check how many devices your VPN lets you connect at the same time — Proton VPN, my top pick, allows up to 10 simultaneous connections.
- Step 3. Connect to an Israeli server. Find the list of server locations on the VPN’s app, scroll down, and choose a server in Israel. And that’s it — you can now enjoy the internet as if you were browsing in Israel!
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting an Israeli IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting an Israeli IP address:
- 🥇1. Proton VPN — Best VPN for getting an Israeli IP address. Secure, fast & easy to use.
- 🥈2. Hotspot Shield — Good streaming & torrenting support.
- 🥉3. IPVanish — Recommended for multi-device use (allows unlimited connections).
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting an Israeli IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Best VPNs for Getting an Israeli IP Address.
🥇1. Proton VPN — Best VPN for Getting an Israeli IP Address
Proton VPN is my favorite VPN for getting an Israeli IP address — it has the best security, speeds, and overall performance out of all the VPNs on this list (which is why it’s one of our top-rated VPNs in 2022).
I really love how fast Proton VPN is — during my tests, Israeli sites loaded instantly, HD and 4K videos didn’t buffer, and it only took me 20 minutes to download 45–50 GB files. Proton VPN is able to maintain such fast speeds thanks to its unique “VPN Accelerator” feature, which uses speed-enhancing technologies to increase VPN speeds. I ran speed tests with and without the “VPN Accelerator” feature enabled, and I always had 60% faster speeds when it was enabled.
And Proton VPN is really good for streaming because it works with top Israeli sites like Netflix Israel (Proton VPN is one of our top picks for watching Netflix). So if you have an Israeli Netflix account and travel to another country, you can use Proton VPN to watch your country’s titles. I also like that Proton VPN allows torrenting on all of its Israeli servers.
Proton VPN also makes it easy to get an Israeli IP address — its apps have an intuitive design and there’s also a search field for instant access to the Israeli servers. On average, it only took me 2–3 seconds to get an Israeli IP address.
What’s more, I love Proton VPN’s NetShield feature, which is an ad blocker that gets rid of ads and blocks connections to unsafe sites. In my tests, NetShield blocked almost all ads on Israeli sites and also blocked connections to shady Israeli sites.
And I really like that Proton VPN releases regular transparency reports that detail how many requests for user data Proton VPN received. Also, all of Proton VPN’s apps are open-source (anyone can inspect the code) and have been independently audited (only minor security issues were found and Proton VPN patched them immediately). So it’s very easy to trust this VPN with your privacy.
And Proton VPN also comes with advanced security features like perfect forward secrecy, which changes your encryption key for each VPN session to prevent hackers from compromising past or future encryption keys to spy on your traffic. It also has Secure Core servers, which send your traffic through 2 servers (including 1 in a privacy-friendly country) instead of 1 server to provide better privacy — Proton VPN allows Secure Core connections on 2 Israeli servers (your traffic first goes through a server in Switzerland or Iceland).
While Proton VPN has the best free plan out there, it only lets you use servers in the US, the Netherlands, and Japan — so you can’t get an Israeli IP address. To use an Israeli server, you need to upgrade to one of Proton VPN’s paid plans, which start at $3.99 / month. The paid plans allow 10 connections and add Israeli servers, streaming and P2P support, NetShield, Secure Core servers, and Tor over VPN support. Proton VPN backs all purchases with a prorated 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. Hotspot Shield — Good for Streaming & Torrenting
Hotspot Shield provides very good streaming and torrenting support — it works with top Israeli sites like Netflix Israel and Amazon Prime Israel, and it allows torrenting on its Israeli server and works with top P2P apps like uTorrent, qBittorrent, and Transmission.
In my speed tests, Hotspot Shield performed really well, but it wasn’t as fast as Proton VPN — while Israeli sites loaded instantly, HD videos took 3 seconds to load, 4K videos loaded in 5–6 seconds and there was minor buffering when I skipped through the videos, and I sometimes experienced high ping (how long it takes for an internet signal to travel from your device to a web server) while gaming online.
Also, Hotspot Shield makes it very easy to find and connect to its Israeli server — the apps are very simple to navigate and the server locations are listed in alphabetical order. What’s more, I really like that all settings and features have quick, helpful explanations (you never feel lost while using Hotspot Shield).
And I really like that Hotspot Shield comes with advanced security features like perfect forward secrecy. It also has split-tunneling, which lets you choose which apps and sites use the VPN connection and which apps and sites use your local network — I successfully used the split-tunneling tool to surf Israeli sites while accessing my bank’s site through my local network (most bank sites block VPNs).
And while Hotspot Shield has full leak protection on Windows, I’m not a big fan of how all of its other apps only come with DNS leak protection (Proton VPN has full leak protection on all apps). I ran 10+ leak tests on my Android smartphone and never saw any leaks (only Hotspot Shield’s Israeli IP address was visible), but I still recommend manually disabling WebRTC and IPv6 on Hotspot Shield’s other apps to be 100% safe.
Hotspot Shield allows 5 simultaneous connections and has a free plan, but it limits you to 1 location in the US — so you can’t use its Israeli server. To get an Israeli IP address, you need to upgrade to one of Hotspot Shield’s paid plans, which start at $2.99 / month. They’re a bit pricey, but all plans come with a very generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. IPVanish — Good for Multi-Device Connections
IPVanish is one of the rare VPNs that allow unlimited connections, meaning you can use the VPN on as many devices as you want — so it’s a great pick if everyone in your house wants to get an Israeli IP address. I actually had everyone in my family connect to IPVanish’s Israeli servers, and we all had good online speeds.
That said, IPVanish didn’t perform as well as Proton VPN and Hotspot Shield in my speed tests — Israeli sites took 4 seconds to load, HD videos loaded in 5–6 seconds and there was minor buffering when the videos started, and 4K videos loaded in 10 seconds and I experienced noticeable buffering and quality drops while watching the videos.
But IPVanish is good for streaming and great for torrenting — it works with Israeli sites like Netflix Israel (but unlike Proton VPN, it doesn’t work with Amazon Prime Israel), and it allows torrenting traffic on all of its Israeli servers.
And I like that IPVanish has a strict no-logs policy that has been independently audited and verified (though I wish the provider would make the audit’s results public). And it also comes with advanced security features like perfect forward secrecy. But while IPVanish has good leak protection, I don’t like that it’s missing WebRTC leak protection (Proton VPN provides full leak protection) — in my leak tests, I never saw my real IP address (only IPVanish’s Israeli IP addresses). Still, I recommend manually disabling WebRTC to be fully safe.
IPVanish has affordable monthly and yearly plans, which start at $3.19 / month, and the yearly plan offers a great value as it also comes with a VIPRE antivirus subscription (but it’s only available for Windows and Macs). If you want to get an Israeli IP address on dozens of devices and protect your devices from viruses and phishing attacks, I think IPVanish is a good pick. IPVanish has a 30-day money-back guarantee, but only for its yearly subscriptions.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting an Israeli IP Address
- Servers in Israel. A VPN needs to have at least 1 server in Israel in order to get you an Israel IP address — Proton VPN, my number 1 pick, has several servers in Israel.
- Strong security. I only recommend VPNs that come with essential VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a no-logs policy (to prove the VPN doesn’t log your IP address and traffic), a kill switch (disables online access if the VPN disconnects to prevent data leaks), and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks.
- Fast speeds. Every VPN will decrease your connection speeds because of the encryption process, but the best VPNs (including my top 3 choices) maintain fast speeds for smooth browsing, downloading, and streaming.
- Streaming and torrenting support. Sites like Netflix have different content libraries for all countries. So if you have an Israeli Netflix account and travel abroad, you might lose access to Israeli titles — but a good VPN will let you watch your country’s titles anywhere in the world. Also, all my top picks allow torrenting on their Israeli servers.
- Ease of use. I only recommend VPNs that come with intuitive apps, which make it very simple to find and connect to Israeli servers.
- Good value. All the VPNs on this list come with extra features (like split-tunneling and ad blockers), allow multiple simultaneous connections (Proton VPN allows 10 connections), have affordable plans, and back all purchases with generous money-back guarantees.
Best VPNs for Getting an Israeli IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
FAQs — How to Get an Israeli IP Address in 2022
Can I watch Netflix with an Israeli IP address?
Websites like Netflix provide different content libraries to all countries — so if you have an Israeli Netflix account and travel abroad, you might lose access to your country’s titles. But you can use an Israeli IP address to watch Israeli content anywhere in the world.
The best way to watch Netflix Israel is to use a VPN that has servers in Israel and works with Netflix — I recommend Proton VPN because it consistently works with Netflix Israel and has very fast streaming speeds.
What’s the best VPN for getting an Israeli IP address?
Proton VPN is my favorite VPN for getting an Israeli IP address in 2022 — it works with Israeli sites like Netflix Israel, allows torrenting on its Israeli servers, provides blazing-fast speeds, and has excellent security and privacy features.
Can I torrent with an Israeli IP address?
Yes, you can use an Israeli IP address to securely download files, but you need a good torrenting VPN. I recommend Proton VPN because it provides very fast download speeds, works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and qBittorrent, and comes with excellent security and privacy features.
Can I get an Israeli IP address with a free VPN?
No, since most free VPNs don’t have servers in Israel. Even if you find a free VPN with Israeli servers, I still recommend you avoid it — free VPNs usually have slow speeds, limit how much data you can use, don’t work with top streaming sites, and lack essential security and privacy features.