The easiest and most effective way to get an Israel IP address is to use a virtual private network (VPN).
A VPN will disguise your current IP address and replace it with an IP address from a different location, allowing you to access websites, stream videos, and download files as if you were in that location (in this case, Israel). VPNs are easy to use, safe, and pretty cheap.
I tested the best VPNs on the market, and I was able to get an Israel IP address with each of my top 3 choices in seconds.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) for Getting an Israel IP Address in 2021
- Step 1. Choose a VPN. Select a VPN that has at least 1 server in Israel (ProtonVPN is my top pick).
- Step 2. Download and install the VPN. Most VPNs take 2–3 minutes to install. If you want to install the VPN on multiple devices, make sure to check how many devices your VPN allows you to connect at the same time. ProtonVPN allows up to 10 simultaneous connections.
- Step 3. Connect to an Israeli server. Find the list of server locations on the VPN’s app, scroll down, and choose a server in Israel. And that’s it — you can now enjoy the internet as if you were browsing in Israel!
Get an Israel IP Address with a VPN
A VPN masks your true location and routes all of your internet traffic (browsing, streaming, gaming, torrenting, etc.) through an encrypted server from your new location. For example, when you connect to a VPN server in Tel Aviv, websites in Israel will think you’re actually in Israel.
There are free VPNs available, but I strongly recommend that you avoid them. Most free VPNs don’t provide adequate security features, may keep logs of your online activity, have slow speeds, are unable to access geo-restricted websites like Netflix, and may not even provide you with an Israel IP address!
But a paid VPN like ProtonVPN will include strong security features, fast speeds, and have at least one server located in Israel.
How to Find the Best VPN
Every VPN provider that has at least one server in Israel will get you an Israel IP address. However, some VPNs are better than others. Here are the factors I considered when ranking the best VPNs for getting an Israel IP address:
- Servers in Israel. A VPN needs to have at least 1 server in Israel in order to get you an Israel IP address (ProtonVPN has 8 servers in Israel).
- Connection speed. Every VPN will decrease your internet connection speeds because of the encryption process, but the best VPNs (including my top 3 choices) maintain fast speeds for smooth browsing, downloading, and streaming.
- No-logs policy. To protect your online privacy, a VPN should never log your online activity (websites you visit and files that you download). All 3 of my choices have a strict no-logs policy.
- Strong security. Good VPNs use 256-bit AES encryption, which is one of the best encryptions out there (and is used by banks and governments around the world to protect their data).
- Kill switch. This feature automatically disconnects your device from the internet if the VPN connection is dropped. It prevents your data from being exposed to third parties.
- Ease of use. Each of the VPNs on this list has very easy-to-use apps with intuitive interfaces.
- Customer service. A good VPN provides support via multiple platforms like 24/7 live chat and email, and through troubleshooting guides and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Price. I only recommend VPNs that offer multiple subscription plans, payment options, and a money-back guarantee.
The Best 3 VPNs for Getting an Israel IP Address
ProtonVPN — Best VPN for Getting an Israel IP Address
ProtonVPN has 8 servers in Israel, which are located in both Tel Aviv and Petah Tikva. During my tests, I was able to connect to one of ProtonVPN’s Israel servers in just a few seconds — and I had really fast speeds for browsing, streaming videos in high-definition, making Voice over IP (VoIP) calls, gaming, and sharing files.
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- Secure protocols (IKEv2/IPSec and OpenVPN).
- Strict no-logs policy.
- Kill switch.
ProtonVPN’s apps are all open source, which means that anyone can inspect the software code for security flaws. And since most users aren’t tech-savvy enough to inspect each app, I really like that each ProtonVPN app has been independently audited.
In my tests, ProtonVPN was able to bypass geo-restrictions on streaming sites like Netflix Israel, Amazon Prime, and Disney+. All of my videos loaded in a few seconds, and there was no buffering once they started.
ProtonVPN offers easy-to-use apps for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, and Android TV. ProtonVPN also works on some routers.
ProtonVPN has good customer support — it provides helpful troubleshooting guides and email support (I received responses to my questions within 24 hours), but it’s missing 24/7 live chat.
ProtonVPN offers a really good free plan and 3 premium tier-based plans. ProtonVPN Free is one of the few free VPN plans that provide unlimited data, but it doesn’t include access to P2P or streaming servers. ProtonVPN’s paid plans add access to all servers, torrent support, an ad blocker, and much more.
ProtonVPN accepts multiple forms of payment (including cryptocurrency), and all of its plans are backed by a prorated 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Fast Connections
ExpressVPN has 1 server in Israel, includes top-tier security features, and is able to access all of the most popular streaming services. During my tests, I instantly connected to ExpressVPN’s Israel server, and I had blazing-fast speeds for all of my online activities.
And thanks to ExpressVPN’s fast speeds, I streamed content on Netflix Israel and Disney+ in HD and without any lag or buffering. Also, all my large files downloaded really fast — I like how ExpressVPN allows torrenting on all of its 3,000+ servers, including Israel.
ExpressVPN also comes with 256-bit AES encryption, a strict no-logs policy (that was audited and verified in 2019), and DNS leak protection.
ExpressVPN allows you to connect 5 devices and has very intuitive apps for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and even routers.
I’m a big fan of ExpressVPN’s customer support, which includes responsive and knowledgeable 24/7 live chat and email as well as extensive FAQs and troubleshooting guides (ExpressVPN even has video tutorials).
ExpressVPN offers 1-month, 6-month, and 12-month plans with multiple payment options. All of ExpressVPN’s plans are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
IPVanish — Good VPN for Torrenting
IPVanish has 8 servers in Israel, and they are all located in Tel Aviv. IPVanish connected me to an Israel server in a matter of seconds, and I was able to surf Israeli websites with ease.
In addition to having a strict no-logs policy, a kill switch and 256-bit AES encryption, IPVanish has pretty fast speeds and offers unlimited simultaneous connections.
I was really impressed with IPVanish’s torrenting support. IPVanish allows torrenting on all of its 1,600+ servers, and it works with all of the top torrenting clients like qBittorent, Vuze, and uTorrent. And I like how IPVanish offers a SOCKS5 proxy, which is a protocol that typically provides faster speeds (but doesn’t encrypt your traffic) — my download speeds were 7% faster with a SOCKS5 proxy than with a regular VPN server.
IPVanish also has split-tunneling (allowing users to route some apps through their local network and other apps through the VPN), but it’s only available for Android.
However, IPVanish is unable to access many of the top streaming services. While I was able to watch TV shows and movies on Netflix, I was denied access on Amazon Prime and Disney+.
IPVanish offers a 1-month and 1-year plan, and there’s an option to include 500 GB of secure cloud backup space with each plan. The annual plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.