Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get an Ecuadorian IP address in 2022:
- 🥇 ExpressVPN: Comes with excellent security and privacy features, maintains blazing fast speeds, works with Ecuadorian sites like Netflix Ecuador, and provides great torrenting support. Also has user-friendly apps, allows up to 5 connections, is affordable, and backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The best way to get an Ecuadorian IP address is to use a VPN, which is software that lets you connect to different servers around the globe.
After you connect to a VPN server, it changes your original IP address to a new IP address that matches the VPN server’s country (Ecuador, for example). Once connected, you can start browsing the web as if you were actually located inside Ecuador.
What’s more, when you connect to a VPN server, it also encrypts your traffic, making it completely unreadable (so hackers can’t spy on it). VPNs are also user-friendly, affordable, and legal.
I tested the top VPNs on the market, and I was easily able to get an Ecuadorian IP address with each of my top 3 picks.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting an Ecuadorian IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a secure VPN with at least 1 server location in Ecuador — I recommend ExpressVPN because it comes with high-security features, provides very fast speeds, works with Ecuadorian sites like Netflix Ecuador, and is very user-friendly.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. Most VPNs take only 1–2 minutes to download and install (you only need to follow the installation wizard). If you use multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN allows — ExpressVPN, my top pick, allows 5 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to an Ecuadorian server. After you open your VPN app, scroll down the VPN’s list of server locations and select a server in Ecuador. Now, you have an Ecuadorian IP address!
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting an Ecuadorian IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting an Ecuadorian IP address:
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best overall VPN for getting an Ecuadorian IP address.
- 🥈2. Proton VPN — Great for high-end security & privacy.
- 🥉3. Hotspot Shield — Good streaming support.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting an Ecuadorian IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Getting an Ecuadorian IP Address.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting an Ecuadorian IP Address
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting an Ecuadorian IP address — while it has just 1 server location in Ecuador, it provides the best overall performance out of all other VPNs (which is why it’s ranked #1 on our list of the best VPNs in 2022).
I really like how ExpressVPN makes it easy to get an Ecuadorian IP address — its apps are very intuitive and the interface is simple to navigate, so it’s really easy to find and connect to the Ecuadorian server. What’s more, almost all settings and features have short, helpful explanations, so you never feel lost using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is also excellent for streaming and torrenting (it’s our #1 pick for both best VPNs for watching Netflix and best torrenting VPNs). It works with top sites like Netflix Ecuador, so if you have an Ecuadorian Netflix account and travel abroad, you can use ExpressVPN to watch your country’s titles. And ExpressVPN allows torrenting on its Ecuadorian server and works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Deluge.
In my speed tests, ExpressVPN provided me with the fastest connections on this list — Ecuadorian sites loaded instantly, HD and 4K videos never buffered, I never experienced lag when gaming online, and it only took me 15 minutes to download 50 GB files (which is very fast).
I also like that ExpressVPN comes with split-tunneling — a feature that lets you choose which apps use the VPN connection and which apps use your internet service provider’s (ISP) network. In my tests, I was able to successfully use the split-tunneling tool to surf Ecuadorian sites and access my bank’s site using my local network (bank sites usually block VPN connections).
ExpressVPN also has advanced security features like perfect forward secrecy and RAM-only servers. Perfect forward secrecy changes your encryption key for each VPN connection to prevent hackers from compromising past or future encryption keys to monitor your data, whereas using RAM-only servers means every server reset wipes all data. And it’s really easy to trust ExpressVPN because it has a strict no-logs policy that has been independently audited and verified (and the audit’s results were made public).
ExpressVPN allows 5 simultaneous connections, has a few paid plans that start at $6.67 / month, and backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. Proton VPN — Good for High-End Security & Privacy
Proton VPN comes with 8 servers in Ecuador and provides advanced security features, such as perfect forward secrecy, full leak protection, and full-disk encryption, which keeps all data secure on a VPN server even if it’s compromised. In addition, it has NetShield, which is one of the best VPN ad blockers on the market — in my tests, it always got rid of ads on Ecuadorian sites and prevented me from visiting shady Ecuadorian sites.
Proton VPN also has Secure Core servers, which send your data through 2 VPN servers instead of 1 server — and one of the servers is located in ultra-secure locations in privacy-friendly countries. For example, if you use Secure Core while connecting to an Ecuadorian server, the feature will first send your traffic through a server located in a former military base in Iceland.
On top of that, this provider has an audited no-logs policy and open-source apps, meaning anyone can inspect the code — and since most people don’t know how to do that, I really like that Proton VPN had all of its apps audited as well.
You also get really good streaming support, as Proton VPN works with Netflix Ecuador, Disney+ Ecuador, and Amazon Prime Ecuador. Torrenting is allowed, but only on servers in 16+ countries — unfortunately, Ecuador isn’t on that list (unlike ExpressVPN, which allows torrenting on all server locations, including Ecuador).
In my speed tests, Proton VPN performed really well — Ecuadorian sites and HD videos loaded instantly, 4K videos took 2–3 seconds to load, I downloaded a 50 GB file in 20 minutes, and I only experienced minor lag while gaming. That said, ExpressVPN provided me with much faster speeds.
Proton VPN has the best free plan out there, but it doesn’t come with Ecuadorian servers — so you need to get one of its paid plans, which start at $3.99 / month. The paid plans allow 10 connections and provide access to all features. The provider backs all purchases with a prorated 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. Hotspot Shield — Good VPN for Streaming
Hotspot Shield provides excellent streaming support — it works with popular Ecuadorian sites like Netflix Ecuador, Amazon Prime Ecuador, and Disney+ Ecuador. Hotspot Shield also allows P2P traffic on its Ecuadorian server.
And while Hotspot Shield performed really well in my speed tests, it wasn’t as fast as ExpressVPN and Proton VPN — Ecuadorian sites and HD videos loaded instantly and my Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls never dropped, but 4K videos took 5 seconds to load and I noticed minor buffering at the start of the videos. Also, it took me 30 minutes to download 50 GB files (the same files took 15 minutes less to download with ExpressVPN, and 10 minutes less to download with Proton VPN).
But I like how user-friendly Hotspot Shield is — it only took me 1–2 minutes to install its apps on my Windows 10 PC and Android smartphone, and just 2–3 seconds to find and connect to its Ecuadorian server.
Hotspot Shield comes with advanced security features like perfect forward secrecy. It also has full leak protection, but only on its Windows app — its other apps only come with DNS leak protection (ExpressVPN and Proton VPN have full leak protection on all of their apps). I ran 10+ leak tests on my Android device and never saw any leaks (only Hotspot Shield’s Ecuadorian IP address was visible). That said, I still recommend manually disabling IPv6 and WebRTC on Hotspot Shield’s non-Windows apps to be 100% safe.
Hotspot Shield’s paid plans start at $2.99 / month. It also has a free plan, but it limits you to 1 location in the US, so you can’t get an Ecuadorian IP address. All paid plans are backed with a very generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting an Ecuadorian IP Address
- Servers in Ecuador. A VPN needs to have Ecuadorian servers to provide you with an Ecuadorian IP address — all my top picks come with at least 1 server location in Ecuador.
- Strong security. All the VPNs on this list have industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from logging your traffic and IP address), protection against IPv6, DNS, or WebRTC leaks, and a kill switch (disables internet access if the VPN connection drops to protect you from data leaks).
- Fast speeds. All VPNs will slow down your online speeds because they encrypt your traffic, but the best VPNs minimize the speed loss. I only recommend providers that come with fast speeds for all online activities (ExpressVPN is the fastests on this list).
- Streaming and torrenting support. Websites like Netflix have different libraries for each country — so if you have an Ecuadorian Netflix account and travel to another country, you might lose access to your country’s titles. But a good VPN will let you watch Ecuadorian titles anywhere in the world. Also, 2 of my top 3 picks (ExpressVPN and Hotspot Shield) allow torrenting on their Ecuadorian servers.
- Ease of use. I only recommend VPNs that come with apps that are easy to install and have a very intuitive design (to make it simple to get an Ecuadorian IP address).
- Good value. All the VPNs I recommend come with extra features (like split-tunneling), allow multiple simultaneous connections (ExpressVPN allows 5 connections), are affordable, and back all purchases with generous money-back guarantees.
FAQs — How to Get an Ecuadorian IP Address in 2022
Can I watch Netflix with an Ecuadorian IP address?
Yes. To watch Netflix Ecuador abroad, you need to use a VPN that works with Netflix and has servers in Ecuador. I recommend ExpressVPN — it consistently works with Netflix Ecuador and provides blazing-fast streaming speeds.
How does a VPN provide you with an Ecuadorian IP address?
When you connect to a VPN server, it replaces your original IP address with a new IP address that matches the location you’re connecting to (so Ecuador in this case) — once that happens, any site you connect to will think your traffic is coming from an Ecuadorian IP address.
To get an Ecuadorian IP address, you need to use a VPN that has servers in Ecuador — I recommend ExpressVPN because it provides high-end security and privacy features, maintains very fast speeds, works with Ecuadorian sites like Netflix Ecuador, and allows torrenting on its Ecuadorian server.
Can I torrent with an Ecuadorian IP address?
Yes, you can use an Ecuadorian IP address while torrenting — but you need to use a VPN that has Ecuadorian servers and is good for torrenting. My top pick is ExpressVPN because it provides very fast download speeds, works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Vuze, and has excellent security and privacy features.
Can I get an Ecuadorian IP address with a free VPN?
No, most free VPNs don’t have servers in Ecuador (for example, Proton VPN and Hotspot Shield don’t include access to Ecuadorian servers on their free plans). Even if you find a free VPN that has Ecuadorian servers, I recommend you avoid it — free VPNs usually limit how much data you can use, have slow speeds, are buggy, and lack important security and privacy features.