Published on: January 4, 2022
Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Taiwanese IP address in 2022:
- 🥇 ProtonVPN: Works with Taiwanese websites like Netflix Taiwan, provides blazing-fast speeds, and has high-end security and privacy features. Allows up to 10 simultaneous connections, has very user-friendly apps, comes with affordable plans, and backs all purchases with a prorated 30-day money-back guarantee.
The fastest and safest way to get a Taiwan IP address is with a VPN, which is an online app that lets you connect to servers in different countries all over the world. When you connect to a VPN server, it replaces your IP address with a new IP address that matches the country you’re connected to. So, if you connect to a Taiwanese VPN server, you can surf the web using a Taiwanese IP address — all the sites you access will think you’re actually located in Taiwan.
Also, when you connect to a VPN server, it encrypts your traffic, making it unreadable to prying eyes. VPNs are easy-to-use, secure, and perfectly legal.
I tested the best VPNs on the market and was able to get a Taiwanese IP address with all my top 3 choices.
3 (Quick + Easy) Steps to Getting a Taiwan IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Find a VPN. Pick a good VPN that has servers in Taiwan — I recommend ProtonVPN because it has 10+ Taiwanese servers, provides excellent security and privacy features, works with top Taiwanese sites like Netflix Taiwan, and has very fast speeds.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. It only takes 1–2 minutes to download and install most VPNs (just follow the installation wizard’s instructions). If you want to use the VPN on multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections it allows — ProtonVPN allows up to 2 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a server in Taiwan. Open the app, scroll through the server list, and select a server that’s located in Taiwan — your device will now appear as if it’s browsing the web from inside Taiwan!
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Taiwanese IP Address
Quick Summary of the Best VPNs for Getting a Taiwanese IP Address:
- 🥇1. ProtonVPN — Best overall VPN for getting a Taiwanese IP address.
- 🥈2. VyprVPN — Good for large households (allows 30 connections).
- 🥉3. HMA VPN — Good for new VPN users.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Taiwanese IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Taiwanese IP Address.
🥇 1. ProtonVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Taiwanese IP Address
ProtonVPN is also great for streaming and works with all of the top streaming sites, including Netflix Taiwan. So, if you have a Taiwanese Netflix account and travel to another country, you can use ProtonVPN to connect to a server in Taiwan and still be able to watch Taiwan Netflix titles.
And thanks to ProtonVPN’s fast speeds (it provided me with the fastest speeds on this list), HD and 4K videos instantly loaded and didn’t buffer. ProtonVPN has a unique speed feature called VPN Accelerator, which uses performance-enhancing technologies to improve VPN speeds on distant servers. I love this feature because Taiwan is very far from my location (Romania), but in my tests, I had 50% faster speeds when using VPN Accelerator than without it.
I also like how ProtonVPN displays the server load percentage (how many active users are connected to a server), which helps you find Taiwanese servers with the fastest speeds — it’s the only VPN on this list that includes this feature. I always enjoyed faster browsing, streaming, and gaming speeds when using the servers with the lowest load.
What’s more, I love the high-end security features that are included on ProtonVPNs apps. It has:
- Open-source apps. Anyone can probe ProtonVPN’s apps to see if they have any cracks in security. And since this is a very technical process, I really like how ProtonVPN has had its apps independently audited — and any flaws were quickly fixed.
- Perfect forward secrecy. This feature regularly changes encryption keys for each VPN connection to stop hackers from compromising past or future encryption keys.
- Secure Core servers. These servers route your traffic through 2 servers instead of 1 server. ProtonVPN allows Secure Core connections on 2 servers in Taiwan (your traffic first passes through a server in Sweden or Switzerland).
- Full leak protection. I ran DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leak tests on every Taiwanese server, and I only saw ProtonVPN’s IP address (and not my actual IP address).
- NetShield. This feature blocks ads, trackers, and malicious websites.
One of ProtonVPN’s drawbacks is that it doesn’t support P2P traffic on any of the servers in Taiwan. The closest location that ProtonVPN allows torrenting is Hong Kong.
ProtonVPN has a free plan and 3 paid plans. While I think ProtonVPN has the best free plan out there, it only lets you use servers in the US, the Netherlands, and Japan — so you can’t get a Taiwanese IP address! To have access to Taiwanese servers, you need to upgrade to one of ProtonVPN’s paid plans.
The Basic plan ($4.00 / month) gives you access to 3 servers in Taiwan, includes 2 simultaneous connections, and NetShield. The Plus plan ($8.00 / month) provides the best value — it adds 10 connections, streaming support, Secure Core servers, and Tor over VPN support. And the Visionary plan adds a ProtonMail account for $24.00 / month. ProtonVPN backs all purchases with a prorated 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈 2. VyprVPN — Best VPN for Multi-Device Connections
VyprVPN allows up to 30 simultaneous connections, making it a great VPN if everyone in your house wants a Taiwanese IP address. I asked all members of my household to connect to VyprVPN’s Taiwanese server, and we were all able to get a Taiwanese IP address and maintain fast speeds for all online activities.
That said, VyprVPN isn’t as fast as ProtonVPN — while Taiwanese websites loaded right away, HD videos took 2–3 seconds to load and 4K videos loaded in 4–5 seconds. Also, I had good speeds when downloading large files (I downloaded 30–40 GB files in 30–40 minutes).
I like that VyprVPN is really easy to use. It’s very simple to download and install its apps, and each app has a very intuitive design. VyprVPN comes with a search field, so it’s extremely quick and easy to find and connect to the Taiwanese server — it always took me just 2–3 seconds to do it.
VyprVPN is also really good for streaming and torrenting — it works with popular Taiwanese websites like Netflix Taiwan (but not Disney+ Taiwan), and VyprVPN is the only VPN on this list that allows P2P traffic on its Taiwanese server.
I also like how VyprVPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified, which makes it easier to trust this VPN doesn’t store logs of user data. VyprVPN includes perfect forward secrecy and a customizable kill switch — for example, you can configure it to remain active even after you close the VyprVPN app.
While VyprVPN has good DNS leak protection, it doesn’t provide IPv6 and WebRTC leak protection like ProtonVPN. I didn’t experience any leaks in my tests (the results always showed my Taiwanese IP address), but I still recommend manually disabling IPv6 and WebRTC to be 100% safe.
VyprVPN comes with a few paid plans, with prices starting at $8.33 / month. While this VPN is pricey, it makes up for it by providing good value. And VyprVPN backs all its plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉 3. HMA VPN — Good VPN for Beginners
HMA VPN comes with very user-friendly apps that make it simple to connect to HMA VPN’s Taiwanese servers — HMA VPN’s apps also feature a fun animated donkey that changes costumes when you connect to a server (when I connected to a Taiwanese server, the donkey dressed up as a knight).
In my speed tests, HMA VPN provided me with good speeds for all activities. That said, it was still slower than ProtonVPN and VyprVPN — Taiwanese sites took 2–3 seconds to load, HD videos loaded in 3–5 seconds, and 4K videos loaded in 5–10 seconds and frequently buffered.
Unlike ProtonVPN and VyprVPN, HMA VPN doesn’t work with popular streaming sites like Netflix Taiwan. Also, HMA VPN’s Taiwanese servers don’t support torrenting (HMA VPN only allows P2P traffic in 6 countries, and the closest country to Taiwan that allows torrenting is the Czech Republic).
When it comes to privacy features, HMA VPN has conducted an independent audit of its no-logs policy, but it oddly didn’t make the results public like VyprVPN. Also, HMA VPN comes with full leak protection and IP Shuffle, which is a pretty cool feature that randomizes your IP address at specific intervals to provide more privacy.
HMA VPN has several paid plans, with pricing starting at $2.99 / month. HMA VPN backs all plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Taiwanese IP Address
- Servers in Taiwan. The VPN needs to have at least 1 server in Taiwan or you won’t be able to get a Taiwanese IP address. My top pick, ProtonVPN, has 10+ Taiwanese servers.
- Strong security. I only recommend VPNs that come with essential VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch (disables internet access if the VPN connection drops to prevent traffic leaks), protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks, and a strict no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from logging your IP address and traffic).
- Fast speeds. All VPNs slow down your connections due to the encryption they use, but the best VPNs minimize the speed loss. All of the VPNs here maintain fast connection speeds for all of your online activities (ProtonVPN is the fastest on this list).
- Streaming support. Sites like Netflix offer different content libraries for different countries — so if you have a Taiwanese Netflix account and go to another country, you may not have access to your country’s library. But with a good VPN, you can connect to a server in Taiwan and watch your country’s titles abroad.
- Ease of use. All of the VPNs I recommend have easy-to-use apps (for Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS) that make it simple to connect to a Taiwanese server.
- Good value. All of the VPNs on this list come with extra features like split-tunneling, allow multiple simultaneous connections (ProtonVPN allows up to 2 connections), offer affordable plans, and back all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Best VPNs for Getting a TaiwaneseIP Address (2022) — Final Score:
|1.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|2.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|3.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
FAQs — How to Get a Taiwanese IP Address in 2022
How can I get a Taiwanese IP address?
The best way to get a Taiwanese IP address is with a VPN like ProtonVPN, which has servers located all over the world, including in Taiwan. When you connect to a VPN server in Taiwan, the VPN replaces your IP address with an IP address from Taiwan, allowing you to surf the web as if you’re actually in Taiwan. Thankfully, it’s super easy to get a Taiwanese IP address by following our 3 simple steps.
Can I get a Taiwanese IP address with a free VPN?
Possibly, but most free VPNs don’t have a server in Taiwan. Even if you find a free VPN with Taiwanese servers, I still recommend avoiding it because free VPNs usually lack important security and privacy features, have slower speeds, limit how much data you can use, and don’t work with streaming sites.
Instead, it’s best to get an affordable VPN like ProtonVPN.
What can I do with a Taiwanese IP address?
If you have a Taiwanese IP address, you can access geo-restricted websites (like Netflix Taiwanese) as if you were actually located in Taiwan. For example, if you have a Netflix Taiwanese account and travel abroad, you can use a VPN to get a Taiwanese IP address, allowing you to watch your country’s titles anywhere in the world.
My favorite VPN to get a Taiwanese IP address is ProtonVPN because it has 10+ Taiwanese servers, maintains very fast connection speeds, provides excellent security and privacy, and is very user-friendly.
Can I watch Netflix with a Taiwanese IP address?
Streaming services like Netflix offer different content libraries in each country due to copyright licenses, so if you have a Taiwanese Netflix account and travel abroad, you might not be able to access your country’s library. But you can use a Taiwanese IP address to watch Taiwanese titles in any country.
The best way to get a Taiwanese IP address is to use a VPN that has at least 1 server in Taiwan. I recommend ProtonVPN — it has 10+ Taiwanese servers, consistently works with Netflix, and has fast speeds for smooth streaming.