Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Netherlands IP address in 2022:
The best and quickest way to get a Netherlands IP address is with a high-quality VPN, which is software that allows you to connect to servers all over the world. A VPN replaces your current IP address with one matching the location you’re connected to — such as the Netherlands. This lets you surf the net as if you’re in the Netherlands.
On top of that, a VPN encrypts all of your traffic, making it unreadable to hackers and your internet service provider. VPNs are cheap, simple to install, and easy to use.
I tested the top VPNs on the market in 2022 and found the 3 best ones for getting a Netherlands IP address.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Netherlands IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1: Choose a good VPN. Pick a reputable VPN with at least 1 server in the Netherlands — I recommend ExpressVPN, which has servers in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and The Hague, provides lightning-fast speeds, and comes with high-end security.
- Step 2: Download the VPN. It takes just a couple of minutes to complete the installation process. If you’re going to use the VPN on more than one device, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN allows — ExpressVPN allows up to 5.
- Step 3: Connect to a server in the Netherlands. Open the VPN app, scroll through the server menu, and select a server in the Netherlands. It really is that simple — now, you can browse the internet as if you were located in the Netherlands!
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Netherlands IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a Netherlands IP address:
- 🥇 1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for getting a Netherlands IP address.
- 🥈 2. CyberGhost VPN — Secure and great for beginners.
- 🥉 3. IPVanish — Allows unlimited connections.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Netherlands IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Netherlands IP Address.
🥇 1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Netherlands IP Address
ExpressVPN is hands-down my favorite VPN for getting a Netherlands IP address — it has robust security features, maintains the fastest speeds on this list, and is very user-friendly (which is why ExpressVPN is our #1 VPN in 2022).
When it comes to servers in the Netherlands, you can connect to 2 different servers in Amsterdam, 1 server in Rotterdam, or 1 server in The Hague (you may get faster speeds connecting to a location closest to you).
I never had an issue getting a Netherlands IP address with ExpressVPN. Using its intuitive server menu, I was able to connect to a Netherlands server in seconds — servers are grouped by region (Asia Pacific, Europe, Americas, and the Middle East and Africa), countries are listed alphabetically, and there’s a search bar. And I love how ExpressVPN includes an accurate built-in speed test (so you don’t have to use a third-party site), which helps you pick the fastest Netherlands server.
ExpressVPN is also the best VPN for streaming and torrenting with a Netherland’s IP address. It works with Netflix Netherlands, NOS, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and 65+ other streaming sites. Plus, ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer is a cool tool that lets you stream on devices that don’t have native apps, like gaming consoles and Apple TV. And ExpressVPN supports P2P traffic on all 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries, including on all of its Netherlands servers.
I had extremely fast speeds while connected to a server in the Netherlands thanks to ExpressVPN’s own proprietary Lightway protocol (my speeds only dropped an average of 15%, which is excellent). Websites always loaded without any delays, videos started right away and played in crisp HD quality, and I downloaded a 10 GB file in about 15 minutes.
You also get split-tunneling on Android, Windows, and Macs. This feature lets you choose which apps are routed through the VPN and which ones are routed through your local network — for example, I downloaded a file connected to the VPN and browsed social media on my local network (this allowed me to have even faster speeds for each online activity).
ExpressVPN comes with a suite of advanced security and privacy features, including perfect forward security (changes your encryption keys after each session to prevent hackers from compromising past or future keys) and TrustedServer Technology (ExpressVPN hosts your data on ram-only servers so nothing is stored on the hard drive). And I really like how ExpressVPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and confirmed several times.
ExpressVPN allows up to 5 simultaneous and offers monthly and yearly plans, which start at $6.67 / month. It also backs each purchase with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈 2. CyberGhost VPN — Great VPN for New Users
CyberGhost VPN has a very intuitive interface that makes it an excellent option for people who have never used a VPN. For example, it comes with apps that are simple to install and easy to navigate, and the straightforward dashboard allows users to find and connect to a Netherlands server without any issues — I even set a Netherlands server as one of my favorites so I could find it even faster!
All of CyberGhost’s 300+ Netherlands servers are located in Amsterdam (unlike ExpressVPN that has Netherlands servers in 3 cities), and the large server network in the country will help prevent server overcrowding, which can cause slower speeds.
I connected to multiple Amsterdam servers, and CyberGhost consistently provided me with fast speeds for browsing, streaming, torrenting, and gaming (but it’s slightly slower than ExpressVPN). Websites loaded instantly, I was able to stream in HD without any interruptions (but it took videos 2-3 seconds to load), and my ping (the time it takes the internet signal to travel from your device to the server) always remained low — allowing me to play video games without any lag.
While CyberGhost doesn’t have a built-in speed test, it displays the server load percentage, which shows how many active users are connected to a server (the Netherlands servers with the lowest load always provided me with the fastest speeds). And CyberGhost has split-tunneling, but only for Android.
CyberGhost is great for streaming and works with Netflix Netherlands and all of the popular streaming services, and it allows torrenting on all of its servers in the Netherlands — there are even dedicated P2P servers in the Netherlands that are optimized to deliver the fastest download speeds (the dedicated torrenting servers provided me with faster speeds in my tests).
When it comes to security, CyberGhost has RAM-only servers, perfect forward secrecy, and full leak protection. And CyberGhost publishes a transparency report every 3 months that proves it doesn’t store or share user data.
CyberGhost VPN allows 7 connections, has several payment plans (the cheapest one costs just $2.29 / month), and all of the yearly plans come with a 45-day money-back guarantee (the monthly plan has a 14 day money-back guarantee).
🥉 3. IPVanish — Good VPN for Large Families
IPVanish is one of the few VPNs that allow unlimited connections. This means everyone in your household can get a Netherlands IP address on as many devices as they wish — I actually put IPVanish to the test and no one in my house had any problems streaming, browsing, torrenting, and gaming while connected to a server in the Netherlands.
It’s very easy to manually connect to a Netherlands server as the location menu is listed in alphabetical order, and there’s also a search bar, an option to create favorite servers, and a map that you can click on to connect to a country.
IPVanish is fast, but it’s not nearly as fast as ExpressVPN and CyberGhost VPN. While I had very fast speeds for browsing and gaming, it took up to 10 seconds for HD videos to start, and I experienced some buffering when I skipped ahead.
IPVanish works with Netflix Netherlands, but it doesn’t work with Amazon Prime, Disney+, and many other streaming services (unlike ExpressVPN and CyberGhost VPN). However, IPVanish is great for torrenting — it allows torrenting on all servers (including in the Netherlands) and offers SOCKS5 proxy servers in the Netherlands (these servers replace your IP address but don’t use encryption, so they usually provide you with even faster torrenting speeds).
IPVanish plans start at $3.99 / month, and the yearly plan bundles a free subscription to VIPRE antivirus (only available for macOS and Windwos). The yearly plan is also backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Netherlands IP Address
- Servers in the Netherlands. A VPN must have at least 1 server in the Netherlands — otherwise, you can’t get a Netherlands IP address. Each of the VPNs on this list has a Netherlands server.
- Strong security. I only recommend VPNs that come with industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption (the same encryption used by banks), a kill switch (disconnects you from the internet if your VPN goes down, shielding you from data leaks), and a no-logs policy (preventing the VPN from storing any of your personal information).
- Fast speeds. Because your traffic is encrypted, all VPNs naturally reduce your connection speeds. However, the top VPNs allow you to browse, stream, torrent, and game without any noticeable speed loss. ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPNs out there.
- Streaming and torrent support. Streaming sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime have different content libraries for different countries due to licensing agreements. So, if you travel abroad, you may not have access to the content libraries in your country. But a quality VPN will allow you to watch content from your home country from anywhere in the world. Also, all of the VPNs I recommend support torrenting on their Netherlands servers.
- Ease of use. I only recommend VPNs that have easy-to-install apps for all major platforms and easy-to-use apps that make it simple and quick to connect to a Netherlands server.
- Good value. All of my top choices have extra features like split-tunneling, allow at least 5 simultaneous connections (ExpressVPN allows 5 connections, while IPVanish gives you unlimited connections), offer affordable prices, and come with a money-back guarantee.
Best VPNs for Getting a Netherlands IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
|1.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|2.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|3.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
FAQs — How to Get a Netherlands IP Address in 2022
What can I do with a Netherlands IP address?
A Netherlands IP address allows you to browse the internet as if you’re in the Netherlands — there are Dutch sites that won’t work if you’re not in the Netherlands. Also, if you have a Netflix Netherlands account and travel outside of the country, a Netherlands IP address will allow you to access Netflix Netherlands titles.
The best and easiest way to get a Netherlands IP address is with a VPN that has a server in the Netherlands — a VPN replaces your actual IP address with one from the country you connect to, including the Netherlands. You can follow my 3 easy steps to get a Netherlands IP address.
My favorite VPN for getting a Netherlands IP address is ExpressVPN, which has servers in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and The Hague, comes with high-end security features, and has some of the fastest speeds in the industry.
Can I watch Netflix with a Netherlands IP address?
Yes! If you travel abroad, you might find that certain streaming services (including Netflix) change their library due to licensing agreements. However, a VPN can help you get a Netherlands IP address so you can access your Netflix Netherlands content library.
My top recommendation for streaming Netflix Netherlands is ExpressVPN thanks to its excellent speeds and streaming support — it also works with 65+ streaming apps.
Can I torrent with a Netherlands IP address?
Yes, but you need a VPN that allows torrenting on its Netherlands servers. All of the VPNs on this list allow torrenting on all of their servers, including in the Netherlands. But ExpressVPN is the best VPN for torrenting because it has very fast download speeds, top-notch security features, and a no-logs policy that has been independently audited and confirmed multiple times.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Netherlands IP address?
Yes, ProtonVPN’s free plan includes access to servers in the Netherlands. While ProtonVPN has the best free plan out there, it only allows 1 connection, provides “medium” speeds, and doesn’t support streaming or torrenting — so it’s only good for browsing with decent speeds. Honestly, you’re much better off buying a low-cost premium service like ExpressVPN.