The best way to get a Czech Republic IP address is to use a virtual private network (VPN).
A VPN changes your local IP address with an IP address from a different location — this location can be anywhere in the world where the VPN has servers, including the Czech Republic. A VPN allows you to browse the internet, stream videos, and download files as if you were in that location (in this case, the Czech Republic). VPNs are safe, easy to use, and affordable.
I tested all of the most popular VPNs on the market, and I was able to get a Czech Republic IP address with all of my top 3 VPNs in a matter of seconds.
3 Steps (Quick and Easy) for Getting a Czech Republic IP Address in 2021
- Step 1: Pick a VPN. Choose a good VPN with at least 1 server in the Czech Republic (I recommend ExpressVPN).
- Step 2: Download the VPN. Most VPNs take only a few minutes to complete the installation process. If you want to install the VPN on multiple devices, check to see how many devices you can simultaneously connect on a single account. ExpressVPN allows 5 simultaneous connections, but IPVanish is one of the few VPNs that allow unlimited connections.
- Step 3: Connect to a Czech Republic server. Find the list of server locations on the VPN’s app, scroll down, and choose a Czech server. That’s it! Now you can enjoy the internet as if you were browsing in the Czech Republic.
Get a Czech Republic IP Address with a VPN
A VPN allows you to get an IP address from many different countries around the world. For example, if you connect to a VPN server in Prague, you will get a Czech Republic IP address — and Czech Republic websites (including streaming services) will think you’re located inside the Czech Republic. A VPN disguises your true location and routes your internet traffic through an encrypted server to the websites you wish to visit.
There are free VPNs available, but I recommend that you avoid them. Most free VPNs lack good security and privacy features, log your internet activity, slow down your internet connection, and are unable to access streaming sites like Netflix. Plus, a free VPN may not even have a server in the Czech Republic — preventing you from getting a Czech Republic IP address!
But a paid VPN will include excellent security features, fast speeds, and servers in the Czech Republic, all for an affordable price.
How to Find the Best VPN
Any VPN with a server in the Czech Republic will get you a Czech Republic IP address, but some VPN providers are better than others. Here are the factors I used to rank the best VPNs for getting a Czech Republic IP address:
- Servers in the Czech Republic. A VPN needs to have at least 1 server in the Czech Republic to get you a Czech Republic IP address.
- Strong security. The best VPNs use 256-bit AES encryption — one of the best encryption types available — to keep your personal information and internet traffic safe.
- Kill switch. This feature will automatically disconnect your device from the internet if the VPN connection is interrupted, preventing your data from possibly getting exposed to third parties.
- Connection speed. While every VPN will slow down your internet speed because of the time it takes to encrypt your data, the best VPNs will minimize the decrease in speed by offering multiple servers in a location. This prevents server overcrowding and provides faster speeds.
- Device limits. VPNs often place a limit on how many devices you can connect at once — the average is around 5-7. ExpressVPN allows 5 connections, and some VPNs (like IPVanish) provide unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Customer service. Good VPNs provide support through multiple channels like troubleshooting guides, email, and 24/7 live chat.
- Price. The top VPNs offer multiple subscription plans, flexible payment options, and 30-day money-back guarantees so you can test out the product before making a commitment — CyberGhost even provides a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
The Best 3 VPNs for Getting a Czech Republic IP Address
1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Czech Republic IP Address
ExpressVPN has one server in Prague, strong security features, and excellent speeds. In my tests, I connected to ExpressVPN’s Czech Republic server in a matter of seconds, and I was able to stream content in high-definition quality, download large files, and browse the internet without any issues.
ExpressVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption, includes a no-logs policy that has been independently audited and verified, and provides a kill switch and DNS leak protection. In addition, ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, which is outside of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliances (a group of countries that have agreed to share intelligence data).
ExpressVPN supports torrenting on all of its 3,000+ servers around the world — including in the Czech Republic. And during my tests, ExpressVPN was consistently able to access all of the popular streaming services like Netflix Czechia, Amazon Prime, and many others.
ExpressVPN allows you to connect 5 devices at the same time, and it works on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and routers.
ExpressVPN has excellent customer support — you can contact ExpressVPN customer support reps via a 24/7 live chat or email, and there’s also an extensive FAQ guide where you can find answers to most of your questions.
ExpressVPN has affordable 1-month, 6-month, and 12-month plans, supports a wide range of payment options, and backs each purchase with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. CyberGhost VPN — Best VPN for High-Privacy Features
CyberGhost VPN has over 30 servers in the Czech Republic, maintains fast speeds, and has a very transparent logging policy. Unlike ExpressVPN, CyberGhost’s no-logs policy hasn’t been independently audited — instead CyberGhost VPN publishes a transparency report every 3 months to prove it doesn’t comply with third-party requests for user data. Plus, CyberGhost VPN is headquartered in Romania, which is not a part of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliances.
CyberGhost VPN also has:
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- Kill switch.
- DNS and IP leak protection.
CyberGhost VPN has dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming. All of CyberGhost’s Czech servers are P2P servers, and using its streaming servers, I was able to unblock the most popular streaming services. And with CyberGhost VPN’s great speeds, all of my torrenting files downloaded fast and I never encountered any buffering while watching content. I also used the Discord chat app to voice-chat with friends without any disruption.
CyberGhost VPN allows you to connect 7 devices at the same time, and it supports Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, smart TVs, and even game consoles. When it comes to customer support, CyberGhost VPN has an extensive library of help guides, email support, and 24/7 live chat.
CyberGhost VPN has reasonably priced payment plans for 1 month and 1, 2, and 3 years (the 3-year plan comes with an additional 3 free months). CyberGhost accepts credit cards, PayPal, and cryptocurrency, and it backs each annual plan with a very generous 45-day money-back guarantee (the 1-month plan has a 14-day money-back guarantee).
3. IPVanish — Best VPN for Simultaneous Use on Multiple Devices
IPVanish has 10 servers in the Czech Republic and allows unlimited simultaneous connections — making IPVanish an ideal VPN for users who want to connect many devices or live in large households.
During my tests, I almost instantly connected to each IPVanish server in the Czech Republic, and I had really good speeds for browsing the web, torrenting, and streaming content.
IPVanish was able to unblock Netflix, but I couldn’t access content on Amazon Prime. IPVanish allows torrenting on all of its 1,600+ servers — IPVanish also has SOCKS5 proxy servers that provide you with faster download speeds, but keep in mind that they don’t encrypt your data.
IPVanish’s standard security features include:
- Kill switch.
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- A strong no-logs policy.
IPVanish supports Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome, and Fire TV. When it comes to customer support, IPVanish has a well-organized FAQ guide, a contact form, and 24/7 live chat.
IPVanish has a 1-month and 1-year VPN plan, and you can also add 500 GB storage to each plan. IPVanish has a 30-day money-back guarantee on the annual plan.