Updated on: September 7, 2023
Only 3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Chilean IP Address in 2023:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a secure VPN that has at least 1 Chilean server. I recommend ExpressVPN — it works with Chilean sites like Netflix Chile, provides very fast speeds, and comes with high-end security and privacy features.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. It takes only 2–3 minutes to complete the installation process (just follow the installation wizard). If you want to install the VPN on more than 1 device, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN allows — ExpressVPN allows 8 simultaneous connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a Chilean server. Open the server list in your VPN app, scroll down the list of countries, and connect to a server in Chile. This will give you a Chilean IP address, so you can use the internet as if you’re actually browsing from Chile!
The best way to get a Chilean IP address is to use a VPN — an online app that lets you connect to different VPN servers around the globe. Once you connect to a VPN server, it replaces your real IP address with a new IP address from the location you’re connecting to (like Chile, for example). That way, you can surf the web as if you were actually located in Chile.
What’s more, when you connect to a VPN server it encrypts your traffic (making it completely unreadable). Also, VPNs are easy to use, legal, and affordable.
I tested some of the most highly-rated VPNs on the market and I was able to get a Chile IP address almost instantly with the 3 VPNs on my list below.
Best VPNs for Getting a Chile IP Address in 2023
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for getting a Chilean IP address. Secure, fast & intuitive.
- 🥈2. NordVPN — Reliable with fast speeds on all servers.
- 🥉3. Surfshark — Good security features and affordable plans.
- Comparison of the best VPNs for getting a Chile IP address.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Chilean IP Address
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting a Chilean IP address — while it has just 1 server in Chile, it provides the most consistent performance out of all other VPNs on the market, which is why it’s ranked as the #1 VPN on our list of the best VPNs in 2023.
ExpressVPN also provides an excellent streaming experience (it’s our #1 VPN for streaming Netflix) — so if you have a Chilean Netflix account and travel abroad, you can use ExpressVPN to watch videos from your country. I also like that ExpressVPN allows torrenting on its Chilean server and that it works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Deluge (ExpressVPN is also ranked #1 on our list of the best torrenting VPNs).
In my speed tests, ExpressVPN performed extremely well — Chilean sites always loaded instantly, HD and 4K videos didn’t buffer, and my Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls never dropped or froze. Also, I was able to download 40 GB torrents in just 15 minutes, which is very fast.
I also love how user-friendly ExpressVPN is. Its apps have an intuitive interface and there’s a search field, so it’s extremely simple to find the Chilean server. I also like how all settings and features have quick, helpful explanations (you never feel lost using ExpressVPN). What’s more, I think the “Shortcuts” feature is really great — it lets you create 1-click shortcuts for your favorite apps and sites that show up on your screen after you connect to a server. So you can set up a Netflix Chile shortcut to get instant access to the site after you connect to the Chilean server.
ExpressVPN also provides excellent privacy — its no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified, and it made the audit’s results public. In addition, ExpressVPN comes with advanced security features like RAM-only servers (every reset wipes all server data) and perfect forward secrecy (changes the encryption key for each VPN connection to stop hackers from compromising past or future encryption keys to spy on your traffic). And ExpressVPN’s full leak protection really works — I ran 10+ leak tests and never saw my real IP address in the results, only ExpressVPN’s Chilean IP addresses.
ExpressVPN allows up to 8 simultaneous connections and comes with several paid plans that start at $6.67 / month — it’s a bit expensive but well worth it because it provides excellent value. Plus, it also backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
🥈2. NordVPN — Reliable VPN With Superfast Speeds
NordVPN has a high-speed server network with reliable servers in Chile. During my tests, I was able to watch videos in HD and load Chilean websites in less than 2 seconds. Although the speeds are not as fast as ExpressVPN, they’re still fast enough for streaming without any slowdowns. I particularly liked using the NordLynx protocol — it’s very secure and faster than the other protocols I tested with NordVPN.
The VPN is a great option for streaming and torrenting. It works with Netflix Chile, Amazon Prime, and Disney+. It also offers P2P support on all its servers — I tested this by downloading several files via uTorrent and BitTorrnent, and it worked every time.
NordVPN offers user-friendly apps that are compatible with iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux. To connect to a server in Chile, all I had to do was type “Chile” in the search bar, and I could connect to the server location with 1 click. However, I was a bit disappointed that the iOS and macOS apps don’t have the split-tunneling feature.
The advanced security features NordVPN offers keep you safe while accessing Chilean content. It has perfect forward secrecy, which means that your encryption keys are changed every time you sign onto a NordVPN server. And for even greater security, the VPN uses RAM-based servers, has a strict no-logs policy, and comes with full leak protection. I tested 10 of its servers and didn’t find any IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks. However, NordVPN doesn’t have obfuscation or a double VPN on its servers in Chile.
NordVPN offers 6 simultaneous device connections and its plans start at $3.19 / month. All purchases are backed by a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. Surfshark — Good Security Features & Budget-Friendly Plans
Surfshark has 1 server location in Chile and offers a range of security and privacy features to keep you safe online. It has an IP rotator feature that regularly changes your VPN IP address without disconnecting you from the VPN server. It also has obfuscation to hide the fact that you’re using a VPN, double VPN connections for an extra layer of security, and a strict no-logs policy. However, I was a bit disappointed that it’s missing full leak protection. Luckily, I never experienced any leaks in my tests.
I had fast connections on local servers with Surfshark, but unfortunately, I experienced some significant slowdowns on very remote ones. This means that I had some interruptions while trying to watch 4K videos on distant servers. I didn’t experience this with ExpressVPN or NordVPN.
Surfshark has good streaming support and torrenting. It works with Netflix Chile and Amazon Prime. However, I was frustrated to find that it doesn’t work with Disney+. For torrenting, it allows P2P downloads on its servers in Chile, and works with popular P2P clients like uTorrent and Vuze.
I found Surfshark’s apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS really intuitive. It’s easy to download and install the apps — it only took me about 1–2 minutes to install on macOS and Windows. I also like that Surfshark allows you to set up the VPN on a router. This way you can use the VPN on devices that don’t have native apps for it, like gaming consoles and smart TVs.
Surfshark is also one of the most affordable VPNs on the market, with plans starting at only $2.30 / month, and it allows unlimited device connections. All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Comparison of the Best VPNs for Getting a Chile IP Address in 2023
|VPN||Starting Price||Simultaneous Device Connections||Average Speed Slowdown||Works With Netflix Chile||Allows Torrenting||Money-Back Guarantee|
|🥇1. ExpressVPN||$6.67 / month||5||9%||Yes||Yes||30 days|
|🥈2. NordVPN||$3.19 / month||6||14%||Yes||Yes||30 days|
|🥉3. Surfshark||$2.30 / month||Unlimited||16%||Yes||Yes||30 days|
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Chile IP Address
- Get a VPN with servers in Chile. A VPN needs to have Chilean servers to provide you with a Chilean IP address. All the VPNs on this list have at least 1 server in Chile.
- Ensure that the VPN has strong security features. All my top picks come with industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from logging your traffic and IP address), and a kill switch (turns off internet access if the VPN disconnects to protect you from data leaks).
- Go for fast speeds. All VPNs will slow down your online speeds because they encrypt your traffic — but the best VPNs greatly minimize the slowdown. I only recommend VPNs that provide fast streaming, gaming, torrenting, and browsing speeds (ExpressVPN is the fastest).
- Consider streaming and torrenting capabilities. Streaming platforms like Netflix offer different content libraries for each country, so if you travel internationally with a Chilean Netflix account, you may not be able to access your home country’s content. However, using a VPN with Chilean servers allows you to enjoy Chilean content from anywhere in the world. All the VPNs I recommend also support torrenting on their Chilean servers.
- Opt for a user-friendly VPN. My top recommendations include apps for all major operating systems and come with intuitive interfaces, making it straightforward to connect to servers in locations like Chile.
- Choose a VPN that offers a good value. I only recommend VPNs that come with extra features (like split-tunneling), allow multiple simultaneous connections (ExpressVPN allows 5 connections), and have affordable plans. Also, all of my top picks provide 30-day money-back guarantees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch Netflix with a Chilean IP address?
Yes, you can. Sites like Netflix come with different content libraries for all countries — so if you have a Chilean Netflix account and travel to another country, you might lose access to your country’s titles. But you can use a Chilean IP address to watch Chilean shows and movies anywhere in the world.
To watch Netflix Chile while traveling abroad, you need to use a VPN that has Chilean servers and works with Netflix — I recommend ExpressVPN because it consistently works with Netflix Chile and provides blazing-fast streaming speeds.
How does a VPN get me a Chilean IP address?
When you connect to a VPN server in Chile, it changes your original IP address to a new IP address that matches the country the VPN server is in (in this case, Chile). From then on, any site you connect to will think your traffic is coming from inside Chile.
To get a Chilean IP address, you need to use a VPN that has at least 1 server in Chile — I recommend ExpressVPN because it works with Chilean sites like Netflix Chile, has very fast speeds, and provides excellent security and privacy features.
Can I torrent with a Chilean IP address?
Yes, you can use a Chilean IP address to securely torrent files, but you need a good torrenting VPN. My top pick is ExpressVPN because it works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Vuze and provides very fast downloads.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Chilean IP address?
Yes, but I don’t recommend it. While there are VPNs with decent free plans out there, there are always limitations — free VPNs usually lack important security and privacy features, have slow speeds, don’t work with streaming sites, and have buggy apps.
Instead, I recommend getting a low-cost premium VPN like ExpressVPN.