The easiest way you can get a Chile IP address is with a virtual private network (VPN).
A VPN hides your current IP address and replaces it with a new IP address from a country of your choice, such as Chile. This means that you can download files, stream videos, and browse the web as if you were in that location. VPNs are completely safe and legal to use.
I tested some of the most highly-rated VPNs on the market, and I was able to get a Chile IP address instantly with the top 3 VPNs on my list.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) for Getting a Chile IP Address in 2021
- Step 1: Choose a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it has at least 1 server in Chile, is one of the fastest VPNs on the market, and provides excellent security features.
- Step 2: Download and install the VPN. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete the installation process. If you’re looking to install the VPN on more than 1 device, check to see how many connections the VPN allows (ExpressVPN offers 5 simultaneous connections).
- Step 3: Connect to a server in Chile. Open the server list in your VPN app, scroll down the list of countries, and connect to a server in Chile. This will give you a Chile IP address, so you can use the internet as if you’re actually browsing from Chile!
Get a Chile IP Address with a VPN
A VPN has a network of encrypted servers in many different locations worldwide. Each server has IP addresses that correspond to the country where the server is located. When you connect to any one of these server locations, such as Chile, your VPN will replace your existing IP address with an IP address from that location — and websites in Chile will think you’re browsing from inside Chile. A good VPN unblocks geo-restricted websites that you normally can’t visit like streaming services, banking sites, and more.
There are many free VPNs available on the market, but I strongly advise against using a free VPN. Most free VPNs don’t protect your privacy, lack basic security features, have slow speeds, and ultimately may not even have a server in Chile (preventing you from getting a Chile IP address).
The top paid VPNs protect your privacy, are very secure, have fast speeds, and provide servers in Chile, all for a really low price.
How to Find the Best VPN
There are quite a few VPNs that can get you a Chile IP address, but some VPNs are better than others. Here are the factors I used to rank the best VPNs for getting a Chile IP address:
- Servers in Chile. A VPN needs to have at least 1 server in Chile if you want to obtain a Chile IP address. All of the VPNs listed here have at least 1 Chile server.
- Connection speeds. All VPNs will slow down your internet speed due to the encryption process. So you need a VPN that’s able to maintain fast connection speeds for smooth browsing, torrenting, streaming, gaming, and making Voice over IP (VoIP) calls. All of the VPNs on this list have very fast speeds.
- No-logs policy. A VPN should never keep logs of your browsing history and downloaded files. ExpressVPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified.
- Strong security. The top VPNs protect your data with 256-bit AES encryption, which is one of the strongest encryption methods available (it’s the same encryption used by banks and militaries around the world).
- Kill switch. This feature shuts down your device’s internet connection if your VPN connection is interrupted, preventing accidental leaks of your personal IP address and data (I only recommend VPNs that have a kill switch).
- Simultaneous device connections. Most VPN services set a limit on the number of devices you can connect at once on a single account (the industry average is 5-7 connections). But some VPNs, like IPVanish, offer unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Ease of use. The best VPNs have intuitive apps and user-friendly interfaces.
- Customer support. High-quality VPNs offer support through a variety of platforms such as live chat, email, and telephone.
- Pricing. The VPNs on this list offer flexible pricing plans, accept various payment options, and back purchases with a money-back guarantee.
The Best 3 VPNs for Getting a Chile IP Address
1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Chile IP Address
ExpressVPN has at least 1 server in Chile, lightning-fast connection speeds, and high-level security features. ExpressVPN doesn’t publicly publish the total number of servers it has in Chile (or any other country), but I had no problems connecting to a server in Chile and getting a Chile IP address on multiple occasions.
In my tests, ExpressVPN had the fastest speeds on this list. I was able to watch content on streaming services like Netflix in HD quality without any interruptions. I also downloaded large P2P files quickly while connected to a Chile server (ExpressVPN supports torrenting on all of its 3,000+ servers).
In addition to having industry-standard security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and a strict no-logs policy (that has been independently audited and confirmed), ExpressVPN also has:
- TrustedServer Technology — ExpressVPN stores all data on RAM-only servers, which means that any information is deleted every time the server reboots.
- Perfect forward secrecy — The feature changes your encryption key each time you connect to a server. This way, even if a hacker compromised your encryption key, they would only have access to the data on your current key but not any data on a past or future key.
- Full leak protection — ExpressVPN has its own encrypted DNS on every server and built-in leak protection against WebRTC and IPv6 leaks.
ExpressVPN offers customer support via 24/7 live chat and email, and there are tons of troubleshooting guides and even video tutorials. ExpressVPN has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS, and you can connect 5 devices at the same time.
ExpressVPN offers 3 flexible pricing plans, including a 1-month, 6-months, and 12-month plan (the 12-month plan has an additional 3 free months). You can pay via credit card, PayPal, Bitcoin, and a wide range of other options. All ExpressVPN subscription plans are backed by a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. IPVanish — Best VPN for Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
IPVanish has 5 servers in Chile that are all located in Santiago. I was connected to each IPVanish server in Chile in 6-10 seconds, I didn’t suffer any disconnections, and in my tests, I had decent speeds for browsing, gaming, and torrenting. I was able to stream shows on Netflix in HD quality, and there was no buffering, but websites took a couple of seconds to load.
What I like most about IPVanish is that it’s one of the few VPNs that doesn’t set a limit on the number of simultaneous connections. This is perfect for large households or someone who has a lot of devices. I connected IPVanish to my desktop PC (Windows), personal laptop (Windows), work laptop (Debian), Android phone, iPad, and Amazon Fire TV at the same time without any issues.
IPVanish has a strict no-logs policy, a kill switch, and uses 256-bit AES encryption. When it comes to extra features, IPVanish includes split-tunneling and a password generator to help you create strong passwords.
IPVanish has intuitive and well-designed apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS, and you can also manually set up IPVanish for gaming consoles. Besides 24/7 live chat and email support, IPVanish is one of the few VPNs to offer phone support in 7 countries (but not Chile).
IPVanish offers monthly and annual subscriptions, accepts PayPal and credit cards, and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on its annual plan.
3. CyberGhost VPN — Best VPN for Ease of Use
CyberGhost VPN has 12 servers in Santiago, Chile, but all of these are virtual servers. This means the servers aren’t physically located in Chile, but they are still designed to give you a Chile IP address. I connected to each server in Chile and got a Chile IP address with no problem.
During my tests, CyberGhost VPN maintained fast speeds for browsing, streaming content, torrenting, and gaming. I also really like how CyberGhost VPN’s app interfaces are designed for simplicity, making it easy to use, connect to a server, and find features.
CyberGhost VPN has a no-logs policy, uses 256-bit AES encryption, and offers a kill switch. While CyberGhost VPN hasn’t conducted an independent audit of the no-logs policy, I like that CyberGhost VPN publishes a transparency report every 3 months that proves it didn’t hand over user data to the authorities.
You can simultaneously connect up to 7 devices, and CyberGhost VPN has apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. CyberGhost VPN offers manual setup guides for other platforms such as Xbox One, PS4, and some Smart TVs. When it comes to customer support, CyberGhost VPN has 24/7 live chat, email, and a huge library of helpful guides.
CyberGhost VPN offers 4 affordable pricing plans, accepts credit cards, PayPal, and Bitcoin, and backs its yearly plans with a 45-day money-back guarantee.