Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Brazilian IP address:
- 🥇 Private Internet Access. Comes with excellent security and privacy features, works with Netflix Brazil, provides very fast speeds, and allows up to 10 connections. It also offers cheap pricing plans and backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The quickest and safest way to get a Brazilian IP address is to use a VPN, which is an online app that lets you connect to different worldwide servers. Once you connect to a VPN server, it replaces your original IP address with a new IP address from the country you connect to (including Brazil). This way, you can surf the web as if you were actually located in Brazil.
In addition, VPNs encrypt your traffic, which means it’s completely unreadable. VPNs are user-friendly, affordable, and perfectly legal.
I tested the best VPNs out there and was able to get a Brazilian IP address with each of my top 3 choices
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Brazilian IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a good VPN with at least 1 server in Brazil — I recommend Private Internet Access because it has great security, works with Netflix Brazil and Amazon Prime Brazil, and provides lightning-fast speeds.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. It only takes 1–2 minutes to download and install most VPNs (just follow the installation wizard). If you want to use the VPN on multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN offers — Private Internet Access, my number one pick, allows up to 10 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a Brazilian server. Find the list of VPN server locations inside the VPN app and choose a Brazilian server. Congrats! You can now surf the web as if you were physically located in Brazil.
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Brazilian IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a Brazilian IP address:
- 🥇1. Private Internet Access — Best overall VPN for getting a Brazilian IP address.
- 🥈2. Hotspot Shield — Secure with good streaming capabilities.
- 🥉3. HMA VPN — Good for new VPN users.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Brazilian IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Brazilian IP Address.
🥇1. Private Internet Access — Best VPN for Getting a Brazilian IP Address
Private Internet Access (PIA) is my favorite VPN for getting a Brazilian IP address — while it has only 1 server in Brazil, it provides the best overall performance out of all the VPNs on this list (and it’s ranked as one of the best VPNs in 2022).
In my speed tests, PIA provided me with very fast connections — Brazilian sites and HD videos instantly loaded, 4K videos took 1-2 seconds to load and didn’t buffer when I skipped through them, and it took me 20 minutes to download 30 GB files.
I’m also a huge fan of PIA’s streaming capabilities — it works with popular sites like Netflix Brazil and Amazon Prime Brazil. So, if you have a Brazilian Netflix or Amazon account and travel to another country, you can use PIA to watch titles from your country. Also, PIA is great for torrenting as it supports torrenting on all servers (including in Brazil), works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Vuze, and allows port forwarding (a feature that lets you connect to more peers to get faster download speeds). Plus, PIA has full leak protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks.
I also like that PIA’s no-logs policy has been proven true in court documents multiple times and that all of its apps are open-source, which means anyone can inspect the code. PIA also comes with advanced security features like RAM-only servers (data is never stored on the hard drive and every server reset wipes all data). Plus, you get extra features like split-tunneling (which allows you to choose which traffic uses the VPN tunnel and which traffic uses your local network) and a really good ad blocker.
Private Internet Access allows up to 10 simultaneous connections and has several low-cost plans, with prices starting at just $2.19 / month — if you’re on a budget, I recommend the longest plan because it provides the best savings. PIA backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. Hotspot Shield — Good for Streaming (with Fast Speeds)
Hotspot Shield is pretty good for streaming — it’s able to access apps like Netflix Brazil, Amazon Brazil, and Disney+ Brazil. Hotspot Shield also supports P2P traffic on all of its servers in Brazil.
While Hotspot Shield has some of the fastest speeds out there, it’s not quite as fast as Private Internet Access. In my speed tests, HD and 4K videos instantly loaded, websites took 1-2 seconds to load, and I played online games without experiencing any lag. I also downloaded 30 GB files in 25 minutes, which is pretty good.
What’s more, Hotspot Shield makes it extremely simple to find and connect to its Brazilian server — it only took me 2–3 seconds to connect to its Brazilian server. And all of its apps are user-friendly, so I never had any issues finding and using any of the features.
I also like that Hotspot Shield includes advanced security features like split-tunneling and perfect forward secrecy, which changes your encryption key for each VPN connection to stop hackers from compromising past or future encryption keys.
However, Hotspot Shield’s no-logs policy hasn’t undergone an independent audit or been proven in court (unlike Private Internet Access), and it only has full leak protection on Windows (the other apps only have DNS leak protection) — but I never experienced any leaks.
Hotspot Shield allows 5 simultaneous connections and has a decent free plan and several paid plans. The free plan limits you to servers only in the US — so you can’t get a Brazilian IP address! To use a Brazilian server, you need to upgrade to one of Hotspot Shield’s paid plans, which start at $2.99 / month. Hotspot Shields backs all paid plans with a very generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. HMA VPN — Good for New VPN Users
HMA VPN is a great option for people new to VPNs — its apps have an intuitive design (so it’s really easy to connect to the Brazilian servers) and all settings and features have short explanations (so you never feel lost using HMA VPN).
I also love that HMA VPN has a fun animated donkey that changes outfits every time you connect to a server — when I connected to the Brazilian server, the donkey wore a hipster outfit!
But while HMA VPN provides good speeds for all online activities, it’s not as fast as Private Internet Access — during my speed tests, Brazilian sites took 3–4 seconds to load (ad-heavy sites took 5 seconds to load), HD videos loaded in 5–6 seconds and I noticed minor buffering when skipping through them, and 4K videos took 10 seconds to load and there was noticeable buffering at the start of the videos.
Unlike Hotspot Shield and Private Internet Access, HMA VPN doesn’t work with top streaming sites like Netflix Brazil and Disney+ Brazil. I also don’t like that its Brazilian servers don’t allow torrenting (HMA VPN supports P2P traffic in only 6 countries).
On the other hand, I like that HMA VPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified. HMA VPN also has full leak protection (in my leak tests, I always saw HMA VPN’s Brazilian IP addresses) and a feature called “IP Shuffle” that randomizes your IP address at specific intervals to provide more privacy.
HMA VPN allows up to 10 simultaneous connections and has several paid plans, with pricing starting at $2.99 / month. HMA VPN also backs all plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Brazilian IP Address
- Servers in Brazil. A VPN needs to have Brazilian servers — otherwise, it can’t provide you with a Brazilian IP address. All the VPNs on this list have at least 1 server in Brazil.
- Strong security. All the VPNs I recommend come with essential VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a strict no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from logging your IP address and traffic), a kill switch (disables internet access if your VPN connection drops to prevent data leaks), and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks.
- Fast speeds. All VPNs slow down your online speeds because they encrypt your traffic, but really good VPNs minimize this slowdown. I only recommend VPNs that provide fast speeds for streaming, browsing, and torrenting (Private Internet Access is the fastest on this list).
- Streaming support. Streaming sites like Netflix have different regional content libraries, which vary from country to country. Basically, if you have a Brazilian Netflix account and travel abroad, you might lose access to your country’s titles — but a good VPN will let you watch Brazilian shows and movies anywhere in the world.
- Ease of use. I only recommend VPNs with easy-to-install apps that are simple to navigate and make it very easy to find and connect to Brazilian servers.
- Good value. All of my top picks have extra features (like split-tunneling and ad blockers), allow multiple simultaneous connections (Private Internet Access allows 10 connections), provide affordable pricing, and have a money-back guarantee.
Best VPNs for Getting a Brazilian IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
|1.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|2.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|3.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
FAQs — How to Get a Brazilian IP Address in 2022
What’s the best VPN for getting a Brazilian IP address?
My favorite VPN for getting a Brazilian IP address is Private Internet Access — it has great security and privacy features, provides blazing-fast speeds, works with Netflix Brazil, and allows torrenting on its Brazilian server.
What can I do with a Brazilian IP address?
A Brazilian IP address lets you surf Brazilian sites as if you were physically located in Brazil (some Brazilian sites might not work in other countries). Also, if you have a Brazilian Netflix account and travel abroad, you can use a Brazilian IP address to watch titles from your country.
The best way to get a Brazilian IP address is to use a VPN with servers in Brazil — I recommend Private Internet Access because it provides great security and privacy features, works with Brazilian sites like Netflix Brazil, and has very fast speeds.
Can I get a Brazilian IP address for free?
Maybe, but most free VPNs don’t have Brazilian servers, so you can’t get a Brazilian IP address. For example, Hotspot Shield offers a decent free plan, but it doesn’t include access to Brazilian servers. I recommend avoiding free VPNs anyway because they typically lack important security and privacy features, have slow speeds, limit how much data you can use, and have buggy apps.
Instead, I recommend getting a low-cost premium VPN like Private Internet Access.
Can I watch Netflix with a Brazilian IP address?
Sites like Netflix have different content libraries for each country — if you have a Netflix Brazil account and go to another country, you might not be able to watch Brazilian shows and movies. But you can use a Brazilian IP address to access your Netflix Brazil library abroad.
To watch Netflix Brazil abroad, you need to use a good Netflix VPN that has Brazilian servers. I recommend Private Internet Access — it consistently works with Netflix Brazil, provides blazing-fast streaming speeds, and is easy to use.