Short on time? Here’s how to cancel your Lookout Security subscription and get a refund in 2022:
- 1. Cancel your Lookout Security subscription. Log into Lookout Security’s website and cancel your auto-renewal. Then contact Lookout Security and ask for a refund.
- 2. Uninstall Lookout Security. Press and hold the Lookout Security app on your device’s home screen until the uninstall button appears. Tap it.
- 3. Try an alternative antivirus. Download and install an alternative antivirus program (such as Norton) to keep your device protected from the latest malware threats in 2022.
It’s easy to cancel your Lookout Security subscription and get a refund. Simply navigate to Lookout Security’s website on your mobile device or desktop browser, sign into your account, and cancel your subscription from your account settings. I tested this process on my computer, iOS, and Android device, and each time I was able to cancel my Lookout Security subscription in less than 5 minutes.
Once you’ve canceled your subscription, you can contact Lookout Security and ask them for a refund. Even though they don’t have an official money-back guarantee, I’ve found that they’re usually happy to issue you a refund if you’re not happy with the product.
However, since most users buy Lookout Security through their mobile device’s app store, I’ve also included instructions to help you request a refund from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Some users even pay for Lookout Security through their T-Mobile plan, so I’ve also included instructions for getting a refund from T-Mobile. In my tests, these providers were all willing to refund my Lookout Security subscription.
Once you’ve canceled your Lookout Security subscription, you should uninstall Lookout Security from your device(s) and then install an alternative antivirus to ensure you remain protected. To help choose a good alternative, I’ve put together a list of the best Lookout Security alternatives in 2022 — however, my favorite is Norton.
How to Cancel Your Lookout Security Subscription (Step-by-Step Guide)
How to Cancel Your Lookout Security Subscription From Your Web Browser
- Navigate to Lookout.com, hover your mouse over Login, and click Personal.
- Enter your login details and then click Log In.
- Hover over the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen and click Settings.
- Click the Cancel subscription button.
- Confirm your choice.
- Navigate to Lookout Security’s support page, and select I have a billing question in the drop-down list under “What can we help you with?”.
- Enter your details, explain why you want a refund, and click Submit.
- Wait for a response from Lookout Security. When I tested this, Lookout Security replied in 4 hours. They’ll either ask for more information or tell you whether your refund has been issued.
- Now you need to choose and install an alternative antivirus for your Android or iOS device. I recommend Norton, which offers excellent mobile protection and consistently catches 100% of malware samples in our tests. Bitdefender and TotalAV are other great choices.
If your Lookout subscription is billed via T-Mobile, follow these steps:
- Get in touch with T-Mobile by calling 611 on your T-Mobile phone (you can also call 1-800-937-8997 from a different phone). Note that this applies to US T-Mobile customers only.
- Have your account details ready, and let T-Mobile know you want a refund for Lookout Security. T-Mobile will send you an SMS text within one business day with their decision.
- Now you need to choose and install an alternative antivirus for your Android or iOS device. Norton is my favorite alternative. It has perfect malware-detection rates and includes a wide range of excellent features, such as an app advisor, which can alert you to malicious apps on the Google Play store. I also really like Bitdefender, which is cloud-based so it can keep you protected without slowing down your device. TotalAV is another great mobile security app which includes powerful security features and great device optimization tools.
How to Cancel Your Lookout Security Subscription on Your iPhone or iPad
If you purchased your Lookout Security subscription directly from Lookout’s website, you can follow the above steps to cancel your Lookout Security subscription. Only follow these next steps if you purchased your Lookout Security subscription from Apple’s App Store.
- Open Settings on your iOS device by clicking on the Settings app.
- Tap on your Apple ID (your name at the top of the screen).
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Find Lookout Security in your subscription list and then tap on it.
- Tap Cancel Subscription, then tap Confirm.
As you purchased Lookout Security through the Apple App Store, you can contact Apple to request a refund. Apple’s refund terms vary by country, but you’ll often be eligible for a refund if it’s less than 14 days since your purchase.
To request your refund from Apple:
- Navigate to reportaproblem.apple.com on your web browser. You can do this on your iOS device or a computer.
- Log in using your Apple ID, then look for Request a Refund under “What can we help you with?”
- Click on Request a refund, then choose the reason you’re requesting a refund from the drop-down list.
- Apple will then show you a list of your purchased items. Find Lookout Security in the list, tap it, and then tap Submit. Apple will contact you shortly afterward to confirm whether the refund has been granted.
- Now you need to choose and install an alternative antivirus for your Android or iOS device. I recommend Norton, which has one of the best iOS apps on the market and comes with excellent privacy protections, a really good VPN, and much more. However, Bitdefender and TotalAV are also good choices.
How to Cancel Your Lookout Security Subscription on Your Android Smartphone or Tablet
If you purchased your Lookout Security subscription directly from Lookout Security’s website, you can follow the above steps to cancel your Lookout Security subscription. Only follow these next steps if you purchased your Lookout Security subscription through the Google Play Store.
- Navigate to payments.google.com in a web browser and log in to your Google Account.
- Click Subscriptions & services.
- Find Lookout Security in the list, then click Manage.
- Click Cancel Subscription, then confirm your choice.
You can also cancel your subscription by opening the Play Store app on your Android phone and following these steps:
- Open the Play Store app, tap your profile icon, and then tap Payments & subscriptions.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Find Lookout Security in your list of subscriptions, and then tap Cancel Subscription.
- Choose the reason you’re canceling your subscription from the drop-down list, then tap Continue.
- Confirm your selection.
Now that you’ve canceled your subscription, you can request a refund. As you purchased Lookout Security through the Google Play Store, you need to contact Google Play to request your refund — However, note that you will only be eligible for a refund if you purchased Lookout Security within the last 48 hours.
- Navigate to payments.google.com on a web browser and log in to your Google Account.
- Click Activity and find Lookout Security in the list of recent subscriptions. Click on it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the ticket, then click Contact Google LLC.
- Click Refunds and Returns, then click Learn about refunds on Google Play.
- Click Request a refund.
- Follow the refund process and submit your refund request. Google will contact you within 1 business day with their decision.
- Now you need to choose and install an alternative antivirus for your Android device. Norton is my favorite Android alternative to Lookout Security. It comes with a wide range of excellent features, including 100% malware-detection rates and excellent identity theft protections. I also like Bitdefender, which offers lightweight scanning, decent parental controls, and a good VPN. Finally, TotalAV is an excellent choice for people looking to optimize their device while staying protected from malware.
Best Lookout Security Alternatives in 2022
Quick summary of the best Lookout Security alternatives in 2022:
🥇1. Norton — Best Overall Alternative to Lookout Security in 2022
Norton Mobile Security is a reliable, full-featured mobile antivirus — and it’s the best alternative to Lookout Security in 2022. It provides a comprehensive range of security features, including a malware scanner that consistently catches 100% of malware on Android devices. It also includes a wide range of other excellent features that can keep your Android and iOS devices protected in 2022.
Norton Mobile Security has:
- Malware scanner (Android only).
- App advisor (Android only).
- Web protection.
- Wi-Fi monitoring.
- SMS spam filter.
- Identity theft protection (US users only, on LifeLock plans).
- And more…
I really like Norton’s app advisor (Android only), which can scan applications on the Google Play Store and warn you about malicious content before you download them. This is a great preventative measure that can stop you from downloading applications that will damage your device — and something Lookout Security lacks.
I also really liked Norton’s identity theft protections (available for both Android and iOS users in the US on the LifeLock plans). Live agents actively monitor your accounts and credit reports for unusual activity. This is much better than Lookout Security’s own breach report, which only monitors services and applications installed on your phone.
Finally, Norton’s VPN is pretty good. I didn’t notice any slowdowns in my tests, and I could stream high-quality video on Netflix and Amazon Prime. Lookout Security’s VPN constantly caused slowdowns when browsing the internet. I also found it annoying that you could only disable Lookout Security’s VPN by going into your device’s settings (it just takes one tap on Norton’s VPN app, which is more convenient).
While Norton for Android has slightly more features than the iOS version, both of Norton’s mobile apps are very good. Norton Mobile Security costs $14.99 / year, and includes every protection listed above (except the identity theft protections), making it an excellent value. However, if you also want to protect your PC and/or Mac, you can get Norton 360 Deluxe for $49.99 / year. It’s a little more expensive than Lookout Security, but it offers coverage on up to 5 devices (across Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows devices) and has all of the above features plus parental controls, a smart firewall, cloud storage, and more. US users can also opt for one of the Norton 360 with LifeLock plans, which additionally include the identity theft protections and start at $99.99 / year. All of Norton’s plans come with a generous 60-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. Bitdefender — Best Lightweight, Full-Featured Alternative to Lookout Security
Bitdefender Mobile Security is a lightweight alternative to Lookout Security that includes a ton of useful features. It uses a cloud-based scanning engine, which means it’s extremely lightweight, and it repeatedly caught 100% of the malware samples on my Android device during my tests. Its real-time protection was also able to detect malicious app samples and remove them before they could damage my device.
Bitdefender also comes with many other security features, such as:
- Secure VPN (200 MB daily limit).
- Anti-theft protections. (Android only)
- Web protection.
- App lock. (Android only)
- And more…
Bitdefender’s anti-theft protections (Android only) are similar to Lookout Security’s anti-theft protections. Like Lookout Security, you can locate your device using the web-based dashboard, sound an alarm, or remotely lock/wipe your device. I also found Bitdefender’s web-based dashboard for Android users more intuitive than Lookout’s.
I really like Bitdefender’s web protection feature (for both Android and iOS), which was able to block every malicious website I tried to visit during testing. It doesn’t rely on a VPN to operate like Lookout Security’s web protection does, so there were no slowdowns or connectivity issues when I browsed the internet.
Finally, Bitdefender offers a pretty good VPN — but you’ll have to pay extra if you want to use more than 200 MB per day. Bitdefender’s VPN uses secure 256-bit AES encryption, has access to over 30 servers, and provides really fast connection speeds (almost as good as top competitors like ExpressVPN and CyberGhost). Lookout’s VPN, on the other hand, constantly caused my internet connection to slow down or drop out entirely.
Bitdefender’s iOS app lacks many of the features included in the Android app, such as the malware scanner, app lock, and anti-theft features. However, the iOS version does include the web protection, data breach monitoring, and VPN, and they all work really well.
Bitdefender Mobile Security costs $14.99 / year, which is cheaper than Lookout Security and a much better value. However, if you also want protection for your other devices, I recommend Bitdefender Total Security, which costs $35.99 / year, also supports Windows and macOS devices, and covers up to 5 separate devices. Bitdefender comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. TotalAV — Best Lookout Security Alternative With Device Optimization.
TotalAV’s mobile app offers excellent security for both Android and iOS. The malware scanner (Android only) only took a few minutes to scan my entire device and caught 100% of the malware samples from my Android malware test file.
TotalAV also has:
- Malware scanner (Android only).
- App lock (Android only).
- Anti-phishing protection.
- Device optimization tools.
- Secure web browser.
- And more…
I really like TotalAV’s device optimization tools, which deleted every duplicate photo on my device and thousands of junk files. In total, it saved over 1 GB of space. Lookout Security doesn’t offer any form of device optimization, which is annoying when wanting to speed up your device.
I also like TotalAV’s secure web browser. It allows you to privately browse the web inside TotalAV’s app. It’s pretty handy and a good way to make transactions online while remaining secure. Also, it doesn’t mess with your device’s VPN settings like Lookout Security’s secure web browser does.
While the iOS version of the app doesn’t include the malware scanner or app lock feature, it comes with a secure web browser, anti-phishing protections, and more. And each of these features works really well. For example, I found the secure web browser was able to block more phishing websites than Safari’s default protections.
TotalAV Antivirus Pro costs $19.00 / year, includes coverage for up to 3 devices and works with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. It includes all of the features mentioned above (except the VPN), and you can try it risk-free using TotalAV’s 30-day money-back guarantee. I also recommend TotalAV Internet Security, which extends coverage to 5 devices for $39.00 / year and includes a pretty decent VPN.
How to Uninstall & Fully Remove Lookout Security Files From Your Devices
Once you’ve chosen your new antivirus product, you should uninstall Lookout Security before installing your new antivirus. Depending on whether you are using iOS or Android, the steps will differ slightly, so choose the relevant option below:
How to Uninstall Lookout Security From Your iPhone or iPad
Uninstalling Lookout Security from your iOS device is straightforward. Press and hold down the Lookout Security app icon on your device until you see a drop-down menu. Select Remove App, and then click Delete App to fully uninstall and remove Lookout from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Uninstall Lookout Security From Your Android Smartphone or Tablet
Uninstalling Lookout Security from your Android smartphone or tablet is really simple. Hold your finger on the Lookout Security app icon until the Uninstall button appears. Tap this, and you will have removed Lookout Security from your device.
Lookout Security — Frequently Asked Questions
Is Lookout Security legit?
Yes, Lookout Security is a legitimate application. However, it isn’t the best mobile antivirus on the market. While Lookout Security can keep your device protected from certain threats, it lacks extra features that other antivirus products include — such as an app advisor (included with Norton) and parental controls (including with both Norton and Bitdefender).
Lookout Security often comes pre-installed on T-Mobile devices, so if you don’t remember installing it, T-Mobile probably included it with your initial purchase. However, even in this case, we recommend you uninstall Lookout Security by following our above steps, and choosing a better antivirus package.
How to contact Lookout Security?
You can contact Lookout Security by filling in a form on their support page. Lookout Security usually responds to inquiries within about 4 hours. However, be aware that Lookout Security doesn’t have a money-back guarantee, so if you’re contacting Lookout Security for a refund, there’s a chance they won’t issue it (however, from my tests I found Lookout to be pretty generous in terms of refunding users).
If you bought Lookout Security using your mobile device’s in-app payment service (i.e. through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store), you should contact Apple or Google Play directly to request a refund. If you pay for Lookout Security as part of your T-Mobile plan, follow these steps to get in touch with T-Mobile and request a refund.
How to remove devices from Lookout Security?
You can remove a device from your Lookout Security subscription using a web browser on any internet-connected device. Here’s how:
- Visit Lookout Security’s website and log in with your account details.
- Click My Devices at the top of the page and pick the device you want to remove.
- Click Deactivate from Account.
Please note that this will leave the device unprotected from the latest malware threats. Therefore, once you’ve removed a device from Lookout Security, I recommend installing an alternative antivirus on that device. Norton is a great choice that offers a lot of much better features than Lookout Security, including a really good app advisor. Norton also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on all its plans.