Updated on: September 18, 2023
Only 3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Watch Succession From Anywhere in 2023:
- Step 1: Download and install a VPN that works with Max. I recommend ExpressVPN for its super fast speeds, user-friendly apps, and high level of security. It also works with other popular sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and Hulu.
- Step 2: Connect to a VPN server. Open the VPN app and select a server in a country where Max is available.
- Step 3: Log into Max & watch Succession. You’re all set. You’re now able to watch Succession securely from anywhere.
Succession is a great TV series, but it’s not available worldwide. So, if you travel abroad, you might lose access to it, which is inconvenient.
Luckily, using a VPN fixes this issue. A VPN is an online service that lets you acquire an IP address from a different country. When you connect to a VPN server in a country where Succession is available, you’ll be able to watch it without any issues.
However, not all VPNs are good for streaming. Some have slow speeds and others are unreliable at accessing streaming services like Max.
But all the VPNs on this list are great picks for watching Succession — they work with Max, are fast, and have user-friendly apps. I recommend ExpressVPN because it has lightning-fast speeds, top-of-the-line security, and excellent streaming support.
Best VPNs for Watching Succession in 2023
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best overall VPN for watching Succession from anywhere in 2023.
- 🥈2. Private Internet Access — Great for streaming Succession on iOS or Android.
- 🥉3. CyberGhost VPN — Dedicated streaming servers to watch Succession.
- Comparison of the Best VPNs for Watching Succession From Anywhere in 2023.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Watching Succession in 2023
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for watching Succession in 2023. It works with Max and other popular streaming sites where you can watch the series, including Amazon Prime Video and Hulu.
It’s also the fastest VPN out there, which makes for a smooth streaming experience — in my tests, HD and 4K videos loaded instantly and didn’t buffer. Plus, it has servers in 20+ US states, 5 UK cities, and at least 1 server in all other countries where the show is available, so you’ll have no problem finding a server that’s close to you for the best possible speeds.
ExpressVPN also has top-notch privacy and security with features:
- Perfect forward secrecy. Generates unique encryption keys for every session, so if a hacker were to acquire an encryption key, they would only be able to access a tiny amount of data — your past and future data would remain protected.
- RAM-only servers. No data is written on hard drives, so everything is erased every time the provider’s servers are rebooted.
- Full leak protection. All of the provider’s apps come with built-in IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leak protection.
- Threat Manager. Stops trackers from spying on your online activities and prevents you from visiting shady sites.
The VPN also comes with split-tunneling, which allows you to direct specific app traffic through the encrypted VPN tunnel while other traffic goes directly through the regular internet connection. This means you can watch Succession via an encrypted tunnel and still be able to browse other sites via your local network.
And I’m a fan of its smart DNS tool, called MediaStreamer. This lets you stream content on devices without support for native VPN apps, such as gaming consoles and certain smart TVs.
ExpressVPN’s apps are very intuitive — it only takes seconds to find and connect to a VPN server. Plus, I love the Shortcuts feature, which lets you set up 1-click shortcuts for apps and sites. Those shortcuts then show up on your screen after you connect to a VPN server.
ExpressVPN has prices that start at $6.67 / month, which is a bit more expensive than other VPN services. However, it provides excellent value for the money. All of its plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
🥈2. Private Internet Access — Great VPN for Streaming Succession on iOS or Android
Private Internet Access (PIA) is a great choice for watching Succession on mobile. It can reliably access Max and other streaming sites where Succession is available, and its iOS and Android apps are extremely intuitive. I especially like how the apps display the ping next to each server (how long it takes for your device to communicate with the VPN server and back), which helps you find the fastest servers to connect to.
Its mobile apps are also highly customizable. For example, you can adjust your encryption level to use 128-bit AES encryption when you want slightly faster speeds and use 256-bit AES encryption when you prefer stronger security. You can also easily change VPN protocols (OpenVPN or WireGuard), alter your proxy settings, and set the VPN up so that it automatically connects to a server when it detects an untrusted Wi-Fi network. And the provider also supports unlimited connections, so you can use its service on as many devices as you want.
I was impressed with PIA’s speeds. In my tests, HD videos loaded immediately and 4K videos loaded in just 2 seconds. Additionally, it’s the only VPN on this list that has a server in each US state. It has 3 UK server locations, too, and at least 1 server in every other country where you can watch Succession. This means you’ll be able to get the fastest possible speeds no matter where you’re streaming the show from. Still, ExpressVPN performed slightly better in my tests.
PIA also has high-end security features. It uses perfect forward secrecy, full leak protection, and RAM-only servers, and its no-logs policy has been independently audited and proven true as well.
What I really like is PIA’s split-tunneling feature. It has both app-based and IP-based split-tunneling — so you can just split-tunnel the site you use to watch Succession to get faster streaming speeds instead of split-tunneling the entire browser, which is really convenient.
Private Internet Access has highly competitive prices starting at just $2.19 / month, and it backs all plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. CyberGhost VPN — Has Streaming-Optimized Servers
CyberGhost VPN has streaming-optimized servers for Max, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, making it an ideal option to watch Succession from anywhere in the world. The provider also has servers that work with 50+ other streaming platforms, and it also comes with a smart DNS.
In addition, CyberGhost VPN has really fast speeds and servers in 10+ US states, 3 UK cities, as well as the rest of the countries where Succession is available. In my tests, 4K and HD videos loaded quickly, and I only experienced minimal buffering while skipping through 4K videos. That said, the provider is a little slower than ExpressVPN and Private Internet Access.
When it comes to security features, CyberGhost VPN is also a top performer. Its RAM-only servers, strong leak protection, and perfect forward secrecy ensure that your streaming traffic is secure. Plus, the VPN also has a no-logs policy that has also been independently audited.
This provider’s apps are very beginner-friendly — the interface is simple to navigate and all settings and features have helpful explanations. There’s also Smart Rules, which allows you to set up automation scenarios. For example, you can make the VPN app automatically connect to a streaming server and open the Max app on launch.
CyberGhost VPN offers a variety of affordable plans starting at $2.19 / month. Its shortest plan comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee, and its long-term plans come with a 45-day money-back guarantee, which is very generous compared to most other VPNs.
Comparison of the Best VPNs for Watching Succession From Anywhere in 2023
|VPN||Starting Price||Split-Tunneling||Smart DNS||Apps||Number of Connections||Money-Back Guarantee|
|🥇1. ExpressVPN||$6.67 / month||✅||✅||Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android TV, Fire TV, routers||8||30 days|
|🥈2. Private Internet Access||$2.19 / month||✅||✅||Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android TV, Fire TV||Unlimited||30 days|
|🥉3. CyberGhost VPN||$2.19 / month||✅||✅||Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android TV, Fire TV||7||45 days (long-term plans only)|
How to Choose the Best VPN for Watching Succession in 2023
- Choose a VPN that works well with Max. Streaming services like Max block known VPN IP addresses, so you want a VPN that frequently refreshes its IP addresses to get around this. All the VPNs on this list are able to access Max 100% of the time.
- Pick a VPN with fast speeds. A fast VPN is essential to stream Succession in high quality without interruptions. ExpressVPN is my top choice because of its unparalleled speeds.
- Get a VPN with strong security and privacy features. A good VPN has industry-standard security features, including a 256-bit AES encryption (encryption used by banks and militaries), a strict no-logs policy, and a kill switch that blocks your internet connection if your VPN disconnects to avoid accidental data leaks.
- Choose a VPN provider that offers straightforward apps. The ones I suggest come with user-friendly applications compatible with iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and smart TVs.
- Choose a VPN that offers the best value for your money. I recommend VPNs that allow multiple simultaneous connections (like Private Internet Access, which offers unlimited connections), come with added features such as split-tunneling, have competitively priced plans, and offer a money-back guarantee.
How to Watch Succession on Any Device
How to Watch Succession on Your PC or Mac Device
- Choose a good VPN that works with Max. My top pick is ExpressVPN because it’s fast, reliable, and has easy-to-use apps for Windows and macOS.
- Download and install the VPN app. All you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions provided by the installation wizard.
- Connect to a server and log into your Max account. Make sure you connect to a server that’s in a location where Max is available. All set! You can now stream Succession episodes on your Windows or macOS.
How to Watch Succession on Your Smartphone or Tablet
- Choose a good VPN for streaming on Max. It should be able to reliably access Max and have fast speeds to avoid buffering — I recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app. After the download finishes, follow the on-screen instructions. The entire process should only take 1–2 minutes.
- Connect to a server in one of Max’s service locations and open your streaming app. You can now watch Succession on your smartphone or tablet.
How to Watch Succession on Your Smart TV
- Get a good VPN for Max. ExpressVPN has great streaming support, maintains fast speeds on both local and distant servers, and is very easy to set up on a smart TV.
- On Android TVs: Download and install the VPN app on your device, open it, and connect to a server in one of Max’s service locations.
- On non-Android-TVs: Set up the VPN on your router (ExpressVPN is one of the only VPNs that has a dedicated router app). Then, configure it to use a server in one of Max’s service locations. Every device in your home, including your smart TVs, will now access the web via the VPN.
- Log into Max on your smart TV. You’re all set — you’re now protected by the VPN and can watch Succession on your smart TV.
How to Watch Succession on Amazon Fire Stick
- Find a good VPN. I really like ExpressVPN’s Fire Stick app. It also has the fastest speeds of all VPNs on the market and is very intuitive.
- Download and install the VPN app on your Fire Stick. This is quick and easy and should only take 1–2 minutes.
- Connect to a server where Max is available. That’s it! You can now watch Succession on your Fire Stick or Fire TV device while abroad.
How to Watch Succession on Your Gaming Console
- Pick a good VPN for Max that has router support. I recommend ExpressVPN because it’s great for streaming and is very easy to install on a router.
- Set up the VPN on your router. This lets your gaming consoles connect to a VPN server. ExpressVPN has a dedicated router app which takes less than 10 minutes to install. When configuring the server, make sure to connect to one where Max is available.
- Open the Max streaming app. Look up Succession and start enjoying it on your Xbox or PlayStation console.
What Streaming Services Show Succession?
|Location 🌍||Platforms Streaming Succession 📺||Payment Options||Free Trial|
|USA 🇺🇸||Max||Credit/debit cards,
|UK 🇬🇧||NOW||Credit/debit cards,
|7-day free trial|
|UK 🇬🇧||Sky Atlantic||Free (as part of Sky TV or NOW’s Entertainment Pass)||❌|
|France 🇫🇷||OCS (Seasons 1 to 3)||Credit/debit cards||7-day free trial|
|France 🇫🇷||Warner Pass on Prime Video (Season 4)||Mastercard and Visa||3-day refund policy|
|Australia 🇦🇺||Binge||Credit/debit cards,
Zip Pay Credit Card
|2-week free trial|
|Australia 🇦🇺||Foxtel||direct debit from a bank account or Visa,
MasterCard or American Express debit/credit card,
BPAY,in person by paying by cash or cheque at Australia Post
|10-day free trial|
|Canada 🇨🇦||Crave||Credit/debit cards,
|7-day free trial|
|Germany 🇩🇪||Sky Go||Credit/ debit cards from Mastercard and Visa||❌|
|Italy 🇮🇹||Sky Go||Credit/ debit cards from Mastercard and Visa||❌|
|The Netherlands 🇳🇱||HBO Max||❌|
|New Zealand 🇳🇿||Sky Go||Credit/ debit cards from Mastercard and Visa||❌|
|New Zealand 🇳🇿||Neon||Credit/debit cards||7-day free trial|
|Belgium 🇧🇪||Telenet||Credit/debit cards||2-weeks free trial|
|Japan 🇯🇵||U-NEXT||Credit/debit cards,
Apple Pay, Google Pay
|31-day free trial|
|Singapore 🇸🇬||HBO Max||Credit/debit cards,
|Hong Kong 🇭🇰||HBO Max||Credit/debit cards,
|South Africa 🇿🇦||Showmax||Credit/debit card,
|2-week free trial|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best VPN for streaming Succession?
ExpressVPN is my top pick for streaming Succession — It has servers in 90+ countries, can reliably access Max and 100+ other streaming services, maintains the fastest connection speeds on the market, provides high-end security and privacy, and offers user-friendly apps for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Windows, and even routers.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Succession?
Generally speaking, free VPNs aren’t great for streaming. They usually have slower speeds compared to paid VPNs and their IP addresses are frequently blocked by streaming services like Max. They may also have restrictive data limits, speed limits, and are more likely to log your IP address or online activity, compromising your privacy.
Instead, I recommend a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN. It works consistently with Max and 100+ other streaming services, offers lightning-fast speeds, and has advanced security features.
Can I watch Succession on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video?
Succession isn’t available on Netflix, but you can watch it on Amazon Prime by adding an Max subscription to your account. Alternatively, you can buy/rent individual episodes or an entire season. Succession is only available in certain countries in America, Latin America, and Europe, so you’ll need a good streaming VPN to watch the series when you’re outside of these locations.
Will I get banned for watching Succession while using a VPN?
It’s highly unlikely. However, streaming services may block IP addresses known to be associated with VPN services or prevent you from accessing their sites if they detect that you’re using a VPN. This is because their licensing agreements don’t allow them to make Succession available to customers outside of certain countries.
To watch Succession while abroad, you’ll need to pick a good VPN. All of the VPNs I recommend consistently work with streaming platforms that broadcast Succession, have servers in countries where Succession is available, and provide fast streaming speeds.