Updated on: February 21, 2024
Only 3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Watch NCAA College Football Online With a VPN in 2024:
- Step 1: Sign up for a VPN that works with college football platforms. ExpressVPN is my top pick as it has blazing-fast speeds, easy-to-use apps, and works with platforms that stream NCAA college football 100% of the time.
- Step 2: Connect to a VPN server in the US. Launch the VPN app, pick a server in the US, and connect to it. If NCAA college football isn’t available in your location, you can theoretically use a VPN to watch it. But please keep in mind that doing so is a violation of most streaming platforms’ Terms of Service and may constitute copyright infringement.
- Step 3: Log into the platform that carries college football games. Now, select your game and see all the action!
If you want to watch live-streamed college football games, I recommend using a VPN. VPNs not only provide greater security and online anonymity by encrypting your internet traffic, but they can also stop your ISP from throttling your internet speeds.
A VPN can change your IP address to one from any region in the world. Hypothetically, this could allow you to watch NCAA college football games from a region where they’re not available. But doing so is a violation of most streaming platforms’ Terms of Service and might constitute copyright infringement (which nobody at SafetyDetectives condones).
I have handpicked a few VPNs that are excellent for securely watching college football. My top choice is ExpressVPN, as it works with 100+ streaming platforms, is super fast, and is very easy to use.
Best VPNs for Watching NCAA College Football in 2024
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best overall VPN for watching college football in 2024 (has blazing-fast speeds).
- 🥈2. Private Internet Access — Very good VPN for streaming college football on Android and iOS smartphones.
- 🥉3. CyberGhost VPN — Provides access to streaming-optimized servers for college football games.
- Comparison of the Best VPNs for Watching NCAA College Football in 2024.
My colleagues and I at SafetyDetectives do not condone copyright infringement. All VPNs on this list have no-logging policies, so they don’t monitor or keep any logs about your online activities. This means you’re solely responsible for how you use the VPN.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Watching College Football in 2024
ExpressVPN is my top pick for streaming college football. Its US server network spreads across 20+ locations, ensuring that you can always find a nearby server for the fastest possible speeds. Furthermore, it is compatible with 100+ streaming platforms, including major ones that carry college football games, such as ESPN+, Sling TV, DirecTV Stream, Hulu, Fubo, YouTube TV, and Peacock Premium.
ExpressVPN delivers consistently blazing-fast speeds. In my tests, I could watch HD videos without any buffering or lag, and the streams started immediately. That’s not surprising, considering that ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN among competitors.
ExpressVPN also incorporates split-tunneling, a feature that allows users to specify which apps use the VPN and which don’t. For example, you could set the VPN to only route ESPN+ traffic through its servers, which will increase your streaming speeds for your gridiron games.
And the provider also offers a smart DNS tool, called Media Streamer. This feature allows you to use the VPN on devices that don’t directly support VPNs, such as certain smart TVs and gaming consoles. Keep in mind that your traffic won’t be encrypted this way (though you will get very fast speeds).
User-friendliness is another strength of ExpressVPN. With an intuitive interface and the Shortcuts feature, it’s easy to directly launch your favorite streaming apps such as ESPN+ or Sling from the app’s main screen.
As for security and privacy features, ExpressVPN is a top-tier player. It has RAM-only servers that wipe all data with each server reboot and full protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks. Finally, it has perfect forward secrecy, which creates a new, unique encryption key for each session.
ExpressVPN’s plans start at $6.67 / month. All plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing new users to try the service risk-free.
🥈2. Private Internet Access — User-Friendly Mobile Apps For Watching College Football
Private Internet Access (PIA) is good for watching college football on the go. Its mobile apps allow users to automate their VPN to connect to a server whenever it detects unsecured networks — like when you’re at the airport or a coffee shop. It’s also possible to change encryption levels and protocols based on your needs, and even utilize Siri for quick VPN commands on iOS devices.
Another cool thing about PIA is it has a server location in all 50 US states. This way, you can connect to the closest server to get the fastest speeds.
PIA also has a straightforward interface that makes it easy even for beginners to navigate the apps. Furthermore, it offers unlimited simultaneous connections, which is a major advantage for large families. This allows you to watch college football on your tablet, while your family members stream, browse, and download on their own devices — all securely connected to the VPN at the same time.
PIA also has great streaming support since it works with 30+ streaming platforms, including ones that broadcast college football action (like YouTube TV). In my tests, PIA worked with every single streaming platform that shows NCAA college football without any issues.
PIA delivers reliable and fast connections that minimize buffering and provide a seamless streaming experience. When I used the VPN, I could stream HD videos without any lag, while 4K videos loaded in just 1–2 seconds. However, ExpressVPN performed much better in terms of speeds.
I also really like the VPN’s advanced split-tunneling feature. It differs from other VPNs by tunneling apps as well as IP addresses. So instead of split-tunneling the browser you use to watch college football games, you can just split-tunnel the streaming platform, which is more convenient.
Private Internet Access offers really cheap pricing plans that start at $2.11 / month. PIA backs all its plans with a standard 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. CyberGhost VPN — Dedicated Servers for Streaming College Football
CyberGhost VPN offers streaming-optimized servers for watching NCAA matches on platforms like ESPN+, Sling, Hulu, and YouTube TV. These servers provide fast speeds for a smooth streaming experience and are tested frequently to ensure that they work. If you’re looking to stream movies and TV shows on different streaming apps, the provider has streaming servers that work with 50+ other top services.
CyberGhost delivers pretty fast connections, although it’s not as fast as ExpressVPN or Private Internet Access. In my tests, I experienced minimal buffering before videos started, but it disappeared after they loaded completely.
The VPN is also easy to use and suitable for beginners. Its intuitive interface makes it very simple to find and connect to the streaming servers that support college football. Also, with the Smart Rules feature, you’re able to automatically connect to a streaming server when you launch CyberGhost’s app. And, if you want, it’s possible to even configure the VPN to automatically launch your desired streaming app too.
CyberGhost also provides good security for watching all of the bowl games. It comes with strong leak protection, RAM-only servers, and perfect forward secrecy. Plus, it also has Identity Guard, which you could use to receive alerts if your login credentials for your streaming site accounts are compromised.
CyberGhost VPN has budget-friendly plans ($2.19 / month), and it offers a generous 45-day money-back guarantee on longer plans and a 14-day money-back guarantee for the monthly plan.
Comparison of the Best VPNs for Watching NCAA College Football in 2024
|Number of Steaming Services
|Number of Devices
|$6.67 / month
|🥈2. Private Internet Access
|$2.11 / month
|🥉3. CyberGhost VPN
|$2.19 / month
|45 days (long-term plans)
How to Choose the Best VPN for Watching NCAA College Football in 2024
- Choose a VPN that works with streaming services for college football games. All the VPNs I recommend work seamlessly with popular channels and platforms like YouTube TV, ESPN+, Sling TV, Fubo, or Hulu.
- Find a VPN that provides fast enough speeds for smooth streaming. While all VPNs potentially slow down your connections due to the encryption process, the best VPNs won’t cause noticeable latency or buffering. In my tests, ExpressVPN proved to be the fastest provider
- Select a VPN that’s user-friendly. Go for a VPN with intuitive apps for all major devices, so that it’s easy for you to start watching college football games on whatever platform you want.
- Pick a VPN that has a smart DNS feature. With it, you’ll be able to use the VPN on devices that don’t directly support VPNs, such as certain smart TVs and gaming consoles.
- Look for a VPN that offers strong security features. All the VPNs on my list include industry-standard security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch that automatically cuts off internet access if the VPN connection drops, and a no-logs policy.
- Ensure the VPN offers good-value plans. Look for additional features like split-tunneling, affordable pricing, a money-back guarantee, and the ability to connect multiple devices simultaneously.
How to Watch NCAA College Football on Any Device
How to Watch College Football on Your PC or Mac Device
- Choose a VPN that works with college football streaming sites. My top pick is ExpressVPN — it has user-friendly apps for both Windows and Mac, supports streaming platforms that broadcast college football, and provides very fast speeds.
- Download and install the VPN on your device. Follow the instructions provided in the download section. The installation process should only take a couple of minutes.
- Connect to a VPN server. Now, go to your favorite streaming platform and enjoy the game.
How to Watch College Football on Your Smartphone or Tablet
- Sign up for a VPN with user-friendly mobile apps. ExpressVPN provides intuitive Android and iOS apps and consistently works with streaming sites that broadcast college football games.
- Download and install the VPN app. Visit your device’s app store (Google Play Store or the App Store) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the apps.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a server. That’s it! You can now securely stream all NCAA matches online.
How to Watch College Football on Your Smart TV
- Choose a VPN that works with smart TVs. ExpressVPN is the best option as it offers user-friendly apps designed for smart TVs.
- On Android TVs: Download and install the VPN app directly from the Google Play Store on your smart TV. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- On non-Android TVs: Set up the VPN app on your router or install ExpressVPN’s dedicated router app. All your devices will now be protected by the VPN. Alternatively, you can also use your provider’s smart DNS tool.
- Connect to a VPN server. You can now enjoy NCAA college football games on the big screen.
How to Watch College Games on Amazon Fire Stick
- Go for a VPN that works with Amazon Fire Stick. You can’t go wrong with ExpressVPN as it has a super intuitive app for Fire Stick devices.
- Download and install the VPN app. You’ll find it in the Amazon App Store. Just follow the on-screen instructions, and you’ll be up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Start the VPN app and connect to a server. Choose the streaming platform that carries college football and enjoy the game.
How to Watch College Football on Your Gaming Console
- Find a VPN that is compatible with routers. I recommend ExpressVPN as it offers a dedicated router app.
- Configure the VPN on your router. Now, your Xbox or PlayStation will connect to the VPN.
- Open your favorite streaming platform on your gaming console. You’re now ready to cheer for your favorite team.
What Streaming Services Show College Football?
|Platforms Streaming College Football 📺
|✅ (7 days)
|Hulu + Live TV
Hulu gift cards
While it’s theoretically possible to stream NCAA college football from outside of the US by using a VPN, please keep in mind that this is against most streaming platforms’ Terms of Service and may constitute copyright infringement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best VPN for watching college football?
My top pick for watching college football is ExpressVPN. When I tested it, it delivered the fastest speeds and I got a smooth and secure streaming experience. On top of that, it offers an extensive network of servers in the US and very user-friendly apps.
Can I watch college football games using a free VPN?
Maybe, but I don’t really recommend it. Most free VPNs don’t work with platforms that stream college football games. And out of the ones that do, many come with annoying limitations, including daily or monthly data caps, buggy apps, or very slow speeds.
For these reasons, a premium VPN (such as ExpressVPN) is usually the better option. With a paid top VPN, you get a service that works 100% of the time with streaming platforms that show NCAA college football games, unlimited data, and very good streaming speeds.
Do all VPNs work with all streaming services that have college football?
No, not all do, but ExpressVPN works with 100+ streaming platforms, including many that work with college football such as ESPN+, Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, fubo TV, DirecTV Stream, Peacock Premium, and YouTube TV.
Where can I watch NCAA college football?
You can watch college football games on these streaming platforms: ESPN+, SlingTV, FuboTV, and Hulu + Live TV. Note that these matches are only available for viewers located in the US — the streaming platforms don’t have the licensing to stream college football to viewers in other countries.