Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Vietnamese IP address in 2022:
- 🥇 Private Internet Access: Provides excellent security and privacy features, maintains blazing-fast speeds, works with Vietnamese sites like Netflix Vietnam, and allows torrenting on its Vietnamese server. Also has easy-to-use apps, very affordable plans, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The easiest and safest way to get a Vietnamese IP address is with a VPN, which is an online service that lets you connect to different servers around the globe. When you connect to a VPN server, it replaces your IP address with a new IP address that matches the location you’re connected to (like Vietnam). This allows you to browse the web, stream videos, and download files as if you’re actually located in Vietnam.
What’s more, when you connect to a VPN server, it encrypts your internet traffic, making it unreadable. VPNs are also safe, easy to use, and pretty cheap.
I tested dozens of the best VPNs on the market and was able to easily get a Vietnamese IP address with all 3 of my top picks.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Vietnamese IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a good VPN that has at least 1 server in Vietnam — Private Internet Access is my top choice because it comes with top-notch security and privacy features, maintains very fast speeds, works with Vietnamese streaming sites (like Netflix Vietnam), and is very user-friendly.
- Step 2. Download and install the VPN. Downloading and installing a VPN usually takes 1–2 minutes (you only need to follow the installation wizard’s instructions). If you want to get a Vietnamese IP address on multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN supports — Private Internet Access allows up to 10 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a server in Vietnam. Open the VPN app, scroll through the list of countries, and select Vietnam — you can now browse the web as if you’re in Vietnam.
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Vietnamese IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a Vietnamese IP address:
- 🥇1. Private Internet Access — Best VPN for getting a Vietnamese IP address in 2022.
- 🥈2. VyprVPN — Good for large households (allows 30 connections).
- 🥉3. PrivateVPN — Good choice for new or beginner users.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Vietnamese IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Vietnamese IP Address.
🥇1. Private Internet Access — Best VPN for Getting a Vietnamese IP Address
Private Internet Access (PIA) is my favorite VPN for getting a Vietnamese IP address — while it only has server in Mexico, it still provides the best overall performance out of all the other VPNs on this list (and it’s ranked as one of the best VPNs in 2021).
One of the things I like the most about PIA is that it maintains blazing-fast connection speeds. In my speed tests, Vietnamese websites loaded instantly, HD and 4K videos didn’t buffer, I played online games with no lag, and I downloaded a 30 GB file very fast (in 20 minutes).
PIA is also really good for streaming and works with Vietnamese websites like Netflix Vietnam. So if you have a Vietnamese Netflix account and travel to a different country, you can use PIA to connect to a Vietnamese server to watch Vietnamese titles that are not available abroad. I also really like how PIA allows torrenting on its Vietnamese server.
And I love how user-friendly PIA’s apps are to navigate. Each app has a very similar design, they’re all very intuitive, and they all have a search field for servers — so it’s extremely simple to find the Vietnamese server and connect to it (and it always took me just 1–2 seconds to connect to the Vietnamese server on each of my devices).
I also like that PIA comes with split-tunneling, a feature that lets you choose which apps use the VPN and which apps use your local network. I used the feature to split-tunnel streaming content through the VPN while I accessed my bank’s site using my local network (most bank sites block VPN connections). PIA’s split-tunneling is available on Android, Windows, Linux, and macOS (many VPNs don’t have split-tunneling on this platform).
All of PIA’s apps are open-source, meaning anyone can inspect the code for security vulnerabilities. Also, I fully trust PIA’s no-logs policy as it’s been proven true in multiple court documents. Plus, PIA publishes a regular transparency report that details all user data requests it received to prove it didn’t hand anything over. PIA also comes with a kill switch on iOS (very few VPNs have kill switches on their iOS apps), and it has advanced security features like RAM-only servers (which don’t store data on a hard drive and every server reset wipes all data).
Private Internet Access supports up to 10 simultaneous connections and has very affordable monthly and yearly paid plans, with pricing starting at just $2.19 / month. PIA backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. VyprVPN — Best VPN for Multi-Device Connections
VyprVPN allows 10 connections, so it’s a great choice for large households and families looking to get a Vietnamese IP address. I actually asked everyone in my house to connect to VyprVPN’s Vietnamese server, and we all were able to get a Vietnamese IP address and maintain good speeds for all of our online activities, including browsing, streaming, and torrenting.
But VyprVPN isn’t as fast as Private Internet Access — while Vietnamese websites and HD videos loaded instantly, 4K videos took 3–4 seconds to load, and it took me 10 minutes longer to download the same 30 GB file that I downloaded with Private Internet Access.
That said, I like that VyprVPN provides good streaming and torrenting support. It works with top streaming sites like Netflix Vietnam and Amazon Prime Vietnam. Also, VyprVPN allows torrenting on its Vietnamese server and works with top P2P apps like qBittorrent and uTorrent.
While VyprVPN comes with split-tunneling, the feature is only available on Android and macOS (Private Internet Access also has split-tunneling on Windows and Linux). Also, VyprVPN only lets you split-tunnel apps (unlike Private Internet Access, which lets you split-tunnel apps and IP addresses).
When it comes to privacy, VyprVPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and confirmed. When it comes to advanced security features, VyprVPN has perfect forward secrecy, a tool that changes your encryption key for each VPN connection to prevent hackers from compromising past or future encryption keys to spy on your traffic. And while VyprVPN has good DNS leak protection, it doesn’t provide WebRTC and IPv6 leak protection. That being said, I ran 10+ leak tests and never saw any leaks (I only saw VyprVPN’s Vietnamese IP addresses) — I still recommend manually disabling IPv6 and WebRTC to be 100% safe.
VyprVPN has monthly and yearly plans, which start at $8.33 / month — VyprVPN is more expensive than Private Internet Access, but it’s still a good choice for large households. Plus, it backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. PrivateVPN — Good VPN for Beginners
PrivateVPN is a good option for people new to VPNs — its apps are very easy to download and install, and they have an intuitive interface that makes it simple to find and connect to the Vietnamese server. PrivateVPN doesn’t have too many features (like split-tunneling), so new users won’t feel too overwhelmed. Also, I like how there’s a quick explanation for each setting.
PrivateVPN provided me with good speeds for all online activities, but it wasn’t as fast as Private Internet Access — Vietnamese websites loaded immediately, but HD videos took 4–5 seconds to load and 4K videos loaded in 8–10 seconds. Also, there was minor buffering when I skipped through both HD and 4K videos.
PrivateVPN works with Vietnamese websites like Netflix Vietnam and allows torrenting on its Vietnamese server.
While PrivateVPN doesn’t log user data, its no-logs policy hasn’t been audited and verified like VyprVPN’s no-logs policy or proven true in court documents like Private Internet Access. On the plus side, I like that PrivateVPN comes with DNS and IPv6 leak protection. And in addition to having a standard kill switch, PrivateVPN also has an app-based kill switch (Application Guard) that lets you choose which apps are shut down if the VPN connection drops.
PrivateVPN allows up to 10 connections and has multiple payment plans, with pricing starting at $2.00 / month. It backs each purchase with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Vietnamese IP Address
- Servers in Vietnam. If the VPN doesn’t have servers in Vietnam, you can’t get a Vietnamese IP address. All the VPNs on this list have at least 1 server in Vietnam.
- Strong security. I only recommend VPNs that have industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from logging your IP address and traffic), protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks, and a kill switch (disables internet access if the VPN connection drops to prevent traffic leaks).
- Fast speeds. VPNs slow down your connection speeds due to the encryption they use, but the best VPNs minimize the slowdown. My top 3 picks provide very fast speeds for streaming, downloading, and browsing (Private Internet Access is the fastest on this list).
- Streaming and torrenting support. Sites like Netflix offer different content libraries for different countries — so if you have a Vietnamese Netflix account and travel abroad, you might not be able to watch Vietnamese titles. But if you use a VPN with Vietnamese servers, you can connect to a Vietnam server and watch your country’s titles anywhere in the world. Also, all the VPNs I recommend allow torrenting on their Vietnamese servers.
- Ease of use. All of the VPNs on this list have intuitive apps that are simple to install, navigate, and use.
- Good value. The VPNs on this list come with extra features (like split-tunneling), have affordable plans, and back all purchases with a money-back guarantee.
Best VPNs for Getting a Vietnamese IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
|1.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|2.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|3.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
FAQs — How to Get a Vietnamese IP Address in 2022
What can I do with a Vietnamese IP address?
If you have a Vietnamese IP address, you can browse Vietnamese websites as if you are actually located in Vietnam (some sites might be geo-restricted and not work in other countries). Also, if you have a Netflix Vietnam account and travel to other countries, you can use a Vietnamese IP address to watch Vietnamese shows and movies abroad.
To get a Vietnamese IP address, you need a VPN that has at least 1 server in Vietnam — I recommend Private Internet Access, which high-end privacy and security features, provides very fast speeds, and works with Vietnamese sites like Netflix Vietnam. You can also follow these 3 easy steps to get a Vietnamese IP address.
Can I torrent with a Vietnamese IP address?
Yes, you can torrent with a Vietnamese IP address, but you need a good torrenting VPN that has at least 1 server in Vietnam. I recommend Private Internet Access — it maintains very fast download speeds, works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Vuze, and also allows port forwarding (lets you connect to more peers to get faster speeds).
Can I use a free VPN to get a Vietnamese IP address?
Maybe, but most free VPNs don’t have servers in Vietnam. For example, ProtonVPN has the best free VPN plan out there, but it doesn’t include access to a Vietnam server. Even if you find a free VPN with Vietnamese servers, I don’t recommend using it — free VPNs usually have slow speeds, limit how much data you can use, don’t work with streaming sites, and lack important security and privacy features.
Instead, I recommend getting an affordable paid VPN like Private Internet Access.
Can I watch Netflix with a Vietnamese IP address?
Netflix’s content libraries differ from country to country due to copyright and licenses agreements — if you have a Vietnamese Netflix account and travel abroad, you might not have access to titles from your country. But you can use a VPN to connect to a Vietnam server, which will get you a Vietnamese IP address to watch Vietnamese shows and movies anywhere in the world.
The best way to watch Netflix Vietnam is to use a VPN that has at least 1 Vietnamese server and works with Netflix. I recommend using Private Internet Access because it consistently works with Netflix, provides fast streaming speeds, and is very easy to use across all devices.