The quickest and simplest way to get a Turkish IP address is with a virtual private network (VPN).
A VPN changes your IP address with another IP address from a different location, making it seem as if you’re accessing the internet from inside that location (in this case, Turkey). VPNs are easy to set up, safe, and 100% legal.
I tested all of the popular VPNs on the market, and I was able to get a Turkish IP address from each of my top 3 VPNs in under a minute.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) for Getting a Turkish IP Address in 2021
- Step 1: Buy a VPN. Pick a VPN service that has at least 1 server in Turkey — I recommend PrivateVPN.
- Step 2: Download the VPN. Most VPN apps take only a few minutes to download and install. If you want to use a VPN on multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections the VPN allows — CyberGhost VPN allows up to 7 connections at the same time, while PrivateVPN supports up to 6 connections.
- Step 3: Connect to a Turkish server. Find the list of server locations in the VPN’s app and select a Turkish server. That’s it! You can now enjoy the internet as if you were browsing in Turkey.
Get a Turkish IP Address with a VPN
The best VPNs on the market have servers spread out all over the world, allowing you to connect to many different locations and replace your current IP address with an IP address from any of those locations.
A VPN works by sending your internet traffic through one of its private and secure servers to a website you wish to visit. As a result, the website only sees the VPN server’s location instead of your actual location.
After you connect your device to a Turkish server, all of your internet activity — streaming, file sharing, and browsing — is routed through the VPN’s encrypted server located in Turkey. So, when you connect to a VPN server in Turkey, you’ll get a Turkish IP — and Turkish websites will think you’re browsing the internet from Turkey.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Get a Turkish IP Address?
There are some free VPNs out there, but I honestly don’t recommend that you use them. Most free VPNs don’t include good security features, have slow speeds, and set a limit on your bandwidth. Also, a free VPN may not even get you a Turkish IP address (a lot of free VPNs only let you connect to a couple of servers, usually in the US or Western Europe).
On the other hand, premium VPNs usually include excellent security features, maintain fast speeds, and provide access to thousands of servers around the world, including in Turkey. And most premium VPNs are pretty affordable, costing only a couple of dollars per month. Plus, all of my top choices have money-back guarantees, so there’s no risk in trying them out.
How to Find the Best VPN
There are many VPN providers that can get you a Turkish IP address, but some VPNs come with better features than others. These are the factors I considered while ranking the best VPNs for getting a Turkish IP address:
- Servers in Turkey. If a VPN doesn’t have servers in Turkey, you won’t be able to get a Turkish IP address. Unfortunately, not a lot of VPNs have Turkish servers, but each of my top 3 VPNs has at least 1 server in Turkey.
- Speed. Using a VPN will always slow down your internet speed, but good VPNs minimize this decrease in speed with multiple servers (to reduce the number of users connected to the same server) and with special servers that are optimized for streaming, torrenting, etc.
- Security. The best VPN providers use 256-bit AES encryption — it’s one of the strongest encryptions available (and banks and militaries around the world use this encryption to protect their information).
- Kill switch. This is a feature that will automatically disconnect your device from the internet if the VPN connection is interrupted, preventing your data from accidentally getting leaked onto the internet.
- No-logs policy. A VPN provider shouldn’t store or log your personal information, internet traffic, or files that you download. Some VPNs, like ExpressVPN, have even performed independent audits of their no-logs policies.
- Device limit. Most VPNs set a limit on the number of devices you can connect at once — good VPNs allow 5-7 simultaneous connections.
- Price. Most VPN providers offer several payment plans, including monthly and yearly subscriptions (the longer term deals typically offer the best value). Top VPNs provide risk-free money-back guarantees, too.
The Best 3 VPNs for Getting a Turkish IP Address
1. PrivateVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Turkish IP Address
PrivateVPN has 1 server located in Turkey, strong security features, and really fast speeds. When I connected to PrivateVPN’s server in Turkey, I barely had any slowdown while browsing the internet, watching videos, and sharing files. And during all of my tests, I never experienced slower speeds or overcrowding on the Turkish server.
PrivateVPN includes all of the standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, a strict no-logs policy, and DNS leak protection.
I tested PrivateVPN’s ability to unblock popular streaming services, and PrivateVPN was consistently able to access Amazon Prime and Netflix Turkey. And thanks to PrivateVPN’s blazing-fast speeds, I watched content in HD quality and without any lag and buffering. PrivateVPN also supports torrenting on all of its servers so you can safely share files.
PrivateVPN allows 6 simultaneous connections and supports Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and even routers.
PrivateVPN’s customer service is very responsive, professional, and helpful. You can reach PrivateVPN by email and 24/7 live chat, and there is also a FAQ section to help you solve any issues you may have.
PrivateVPN is pretty cheap, and you can choose between a 1-month, 3-month, or 2-year payment plan. PrivateVPN backs each purchase with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. CyberGhost VPN — Best VPN for Using Virtual Servers
CyberGhost VPN has 40 virtual servers in Turkey. These servers aren’t physically located in Turkey, but they’ll still provide you with a Turkish IP address. And during my tests every CyberGhost VPN virtual server in Turkey gave me fast speed for streaming, gaming, and surfing the internet.
When it comes to security features, CyberGhost VPN has 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy.
CyberGhost also has dedicated P2P servers in Turkey for safely and quickly sharing files. And CyberGhost is also able to unblock geo-restricted websites and optimize your speed to ensure your videos remain in HD quality.
CyberGhost supports 7 devices at once, and you can install it on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, gaming consoles, and even smart TVs.
CyberGhost VPN has a detailed knowledge base, 24/7 live chat, and email support.
3. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Fast Speeds
In my speed tests, ExpressVPN’s server in Turkey (physically located in the Netherlands) only slowed down my connection by 19%, which is really good. I tested ExpressVPN’s Turkish server at different times and there was almost no difference from my normal internet speed — even when I streamed videos, shared files, or made calls on Skype.
ExpressVPN also has:
- 256-bit AES encryption.
- Kill switch.
- No-logs policy (audited & confirmed).
ExpressVPN unblocks streaming services, allows torrenting on all of its servers (including the Turkish one), and supports 5 simultaneous connections. It provides customer service through detailed troubleshooting guides, 24/7 live chat, and email support.