Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a South Korean IP address in 2022:
- 🥇 ExpressVPN: Works with South Korean sites like Netflix South Korea, provides excellent security and privacy features, maintains blazing-fast speeds, and has great torrenting support. Is also very easy to use, allows 5 simultaneous connections, has affordable plans, and provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The easiest and safest way to get a South Korean IP address is to use a VPN, which is an online service that lets you connect to different VPN servers in different parts of the world. Once connected, the VPN server will change your IP address to a new IP address that matches the location you’re connected to (in this case, South Korea). That way, you can surf sites, download files, and watch videos as if you were actually located in South Korea.
What’s more, when you connect to a VPN server, it encrypts your traffic (makes it completely unreadable) to protect you from hackers. VPNs are also user-friendly, affordable, and legal.
I tested the best VPNs out there in 2022 and was able to get a South Korean IP address with all 3 of my top picks.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a South Korean IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a secure VPN that has at least 1 server in South Korea — I recommend ExpressVPN because it works with South Korean sites like Netflix South Korea, allows torrenting, maintains very fast speeds, and provides high-end security and privacy features.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. VPNs usually take 1–2 minutes to download and install (you only need to follow the installation wizard). If you plan on using the VPN on multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections it allows — ExpressVPN allows 5 simultaneous connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a South Korean server. In the VPN’s app, find the list of server locations, scroll down the list, and select a South Korean server. That’s it! Now you can enjoy the internet as if you were browsing in South Korea.
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a South Korean IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a South Korean IP address:
- 🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best overall VPN for Getting a South Korean IP Address.
- 🥈2. VyprVPN — Great for large households (allows 30 connections).
- 🥉3. TunnelBear — Excellent choice for beginners (has cute bears all over the apps).
- How I Rated the Best VPNs for Getting a South Korean IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a South Korean IP Address.
🥇1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a South Korean IP Address
ExpressVPN is my favorite VPN for getting a South Korea IP address — it provides the best security, speeds, and overall performance out of all other VPNs (which is why it’s ranked #1 on our list of the best VPNs in 2022).
One of the things I love the most about ExpressVPN is how fast it is — in my speed tests, South Korean sites always loaded instantly, HD and 4K videos didn’t buffer, my Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls never dropped or froze, and I was able to download 30 GB files in 10 minutes.
I’m also a big fan of ExpressVPN’s streaming and torrenting support. It works with top South Korean sites like Netflix South Korea — so if you have a South Korean Netflix account and travel to another country, you can use ExpressVPN to watch your country’s titles (ExpressVPN ranks #1 on our list of the best VPNs for watching Netflix). What’s more, ExpressVPN allows torrenting on its South Korean server and works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Vuze (ExpressVPN is also our top choice for best torrenting VPNs in 2022).
Also, it’s very simple to get a South Korean IP address with ExpressVPN. Its apps are very intuitive and easy to navigate, and there’s a search field for instant access to the South Korean server (it usually only took me 2–3 seconds to find and connect to it). The “Shortcuts” feature is also a great addition — it lets you create 1-click shortcuts for specific apps and websites that show up on your screen after you connect to one of ExpressVPN’s servers. So you can create a Netflix shortcut for instant access to Netflix South Korea after you connect to the South Korean server.
And I like that ExpressVPN has advanced security features like RAM-only servers (every server reset wipes all data) and perfect forward secrecy (changes encryption keys for each VPN connection to stop hackers from compromising past or future encryption keys to spy on your data). Also, ExpressVPN has a strict no-logs policy that has been independently audited and verified, and the audit’s results are public.
I also ran 10+ leak tests to check ExpressVPN’s full leak protection claims — and I can confirm they’re true. I never saw my real IP address in the leak test results, only ExpressVPN’s South Korean IP addresses.
ExpressVPN allows up to 5 simultaneous connections and has a few paid plans, with pricing starting at $6.67 / month. It’s a bit on the pricey side, but I think ExpressVPN is worth the money because it provides excellent value. Also, it backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈2. VyprVPN — Best VPN for Multi-Device Connections
VyprVPN allows 30 simultaneous connections, making it a great choice if everyone in your house wants a South Korean IP address. I actually asked everyone in my family to connect to VyprVPN’s South Korean server, and we all had good speeds for all online activities.
Still, in my speed tests, VyprVPN wasn’t as fast as ExpressVPN — while South Korean sites and HD videos loaded instantly and my VoIP calls didn’t drop, 4K videos took 5 seconds to load and there was minor buffering at the start of the videos. Also, it took me 25 minutes to download 30 GB files, which is 15 minutes more than how long it took me to download the same files with ExpressVPN.
But I like that VyprVPN is good for streaming — it works with top sites like Netflix South Korea and Amazon Prime South Korea (but unlike ExpressVPN, it doesn’t work with Disney+ South Korea). Also, VyprVPN is good for torrenting because it works with popular torrent clients like Transmission and Deluge, and it allows P2P traffic on its South Korean server.
And while I’m happy that VyprVPN comes with advanced security features like perfect forward secrecy, it’s a shame it only has DNS leak protection and is missing IPv6 and WebRTC leak protection (ExpressVPN has full leak protection). I ran multiple leak tests and I always saw VyprVPN’s South Korean IP addresses (so there were no leaks), but I still recommend manually disabling IPv6 and WebRTC to be 100% safe.
On the plus side, VyprVPN’s strict no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified (and it made the audit’s results public) — so it’s very easy to trust this VPN. I also like how customizable VyprVPN’s kill switch is. For example, you can configure it to remain active even after you close the VyprVPN app. That way, you never risk accidentally going online without first getting a South Korean IP address and securing your traffic.
VyprVPN only has 2 paid plans that start at $8.33 / month — so it’s one of the most expensive VPNs on the market. That said, it still provides good value and is a good pick if you want to get a South Korean IP address on tons of devices. Also, VyprVPN backs all purchases with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉3. TunnelBear — Great VPN for Beginners
TunnelBear has the most beginner-friendly apps on this list — they’re easy to install, have an intuitive design, and all settings come with clear, helpful explanations. But what I love the most is how fun the apps are to use! You can use a cool digital map to connect to the South Korean server, and when you do so, a digital bear digs a tunnel to the server’s location (on iOS and Android, the bear even roars).
What’s more, all features are bear-themed (for example, the kill switch is called VigilantBear, which is adorable), making TunnelBear the perfect choice for people who are worried that VPNs are too difficult to use.
TunnelBear works with South Korean sites, but not as consistently as ExpressVPN — for example, it might take a few tries until it works with Netflix South Korea (also, unlike ExpressVPN, it doesn’t work with Disney+ South Korea). But I like that TunnelBear is good for torrenting since it allows P2P traffic on its South Korean server.
And while TunnelBear provided me with good speeds, it’s still slower than ExpressVPN and VyprVPN — Korean sites took 3 seconds to load, HD videos loaded in 4–5 seconds and there was minor buffering when I skipped through the videos, 4K videos loaded in 7–8 seconds and there was noticeable buffering at the start of the videos, and my VoIP calls dropped 50% of the time.
But I really like that TunnelBear provides a lot of transparency — it releases an annual transparency report (which details how many requests for user data TunnelBear received) and its code, website, and apps undergo annual security audits (and the results are released to the public).
TunnelBear allows 5 connections and has a free plan that lets you use its South Korean server, but it limits you to 500 MB per month — that’s not enough for HD streaming and torrenting, only for a few hours of web browsing. To get unlimited data, you need to upgrade to one of TunnelBear’s paid plans, which start at $3.33 / month. While the pricing is affordable, I think it’s a shame that TunnelBear doesn’t come with a money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a South Korean IP Address
- Servers in South Korea. If the VPN doesn’t have South Korean servers, it can’t provide you with a South Korean IP address — all the VPNs on this list have at least 1 South Korean server.
- Strong security. I only recommend VPNs that provide essential VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from collecting your traffic and IP address), a kill switch (shuts down internet access if the VPN disconnects to prevent traffic leaks), and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks.
- Fast speeds. All VPNs will slow down your connections because they encrypt your traffic — but the best VPNs minimize the speed loss. All my top picks provided me with fast speeds for browsing, streaming, torrenting, and gaming (ExpressVPN has the fastest speeds).
- Streaming and torrenting support. Sites like Netflix have different content libraries for each country — so if you have a South Korean Netflix account and travel abroad, you might lose access to your country’s titles. But a good VPN will let you watch South Korean shows and movies in any country. Also, all the VPNs I recommend allow torrenting on their South Korean servers.
- Ease of use. All the VPNs on this list have apps for all major platforms that don’t take more than 1–2 minutes to install. Also, their apps are very user-friendly, so it’s very easy to get a South Korean IP address with them.
- Good value. I only recommend VPNs that come with extra features (like split-tunneling), allow multiple simultaneous connections, and have affordable plans. Also, 2 of my top picks (ExpressVPN and VyprVPN) have 30-day money-back guarantees.
FAQs — How to Get a South Korean IP Address in 2022
Can I use a free VPN to get a South Korean IP address?
Yes, TunnelBear comes with a free plan that lets you get a South Korean IP address — but it limits you to a measly 500 MB per month, which is barely enough for a few hours of web browsing and not enough for HD streaming and torrenting.
While there are other VPNs with better free plans out there, I recommend you avoid them — free VPNs usually lack important security features, have slow speeds, limit how much data you can use, and have glitchy apps.
What can I do with a South Korean IP address?
If you have a South Korean IP address, you can surf South Korean sites as if you were actually located in South Korea (some sites might not work abroad). Also, if you have a South Korean Netflix account and travel to another country, you can use a South Korean IP address to watch shows and movies from your country.
The best way to get a South Korean IP address is to use a VPN that has servers in South Korea — I recommend ExpressVPN because it provides blazing-fast speeds, works with South Korean sites like Netflix South Korea, and has excellent security and privacy features.
Can I torrent with a South Korean IP address?
Yes, you can use a South Korean IP address while torrenting to get more privacy — the best way to do that is to use a good torrenting VPN that has South Korean servers. I recommend ExpressVPN because it allows torrenting, works with top P2P apps like uTorrent and Deluge, provides very fast downloads, and comes with high-end security and privacy features.
Can I watch Netflix with a South Korean IP address?
Streaming sites like Netflix provide different libraries for each country, so if you have a South Korean Netflix account and travel abroad, you might not be able to watch your country’s titles — but you can use a South Korean IP address to get access to South Korean shows and movies in any country.
To watch Netflix South Korea abroad, you need to use a VPN that has servers in South Korea and works with Netflix. I recommend ExpressVPN — it consistently works with Netflix South Korea, has very user-friendly apps, and provides excellent streaming speeds.