Short on time? Here’s the best VPN to get a Bulgarian IP address:
- 🥇 ProtonVPN: Works with top streaming sites like Netflix Bulgaria, maintains very fast speeds, and includes excellent security and privacy features. Has user-friendly apps, allows up to 10 simultaneous connections, offers affordable plans, and comes with a prorated 30-day money-back guarantee.
The easiest and safest way to get a Bulgarian IP address is to use a VPN, which is an app that lets you connect to servers in different locations all over the world. When you connect to a VPN server, the VPN replaces your actual IP address with an IP address that matches your new location, such as Bulgaria. This allows you to browse the web, stream videos, and download files as if you’re actually located in Bulgaria.
Also, when you connect to a VPN server, your data is routed through an encrypted tunnel, which makes all of your online traffic unreadable. VPNs are easy to use, affordable, and legal.
I tested all of the top VPNs on the market, and I was able to get a Bulgarian IP address every time with my top 3 picks.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) to Getting a Bulgarian IP Address in 2022:
- Step 1. Pick a VPN. Choose a good VPN with at least 1 server in Bulgaria — I recommend ProtonVPN because it provides excellent security and privacy features, maintains very fast speeds, works with top streaming sites, and is very easy to use.
- Step 2. Install the VPN. Most VPNs take 1–2 minutes to download and install (just follow the installation wizard). If you want to use the VPN on multiple devices, check how many simultaneous connections your VPN offers — ProtonVPN allows up to 10 connections.
- Step 3. Connect to a Bulgarian server. Open the app, scroll through the list of server locations, and connect to a Bulgarian server. And that’s it — you now have a Bulgarian IP address and can surf the internet as if you were actually located in Bulgaria!
The 3 Best VPNs for Getting a Bulgarian IP Address
Quick summary of the best VPNs for getting a Bulgarian IP address:
- 🥇1. ProtonVPN — Best overall VPN for getting a Bulgarian IP address.
- 🥈2. VyprVPN — Good for large households (with fast speeds).
- 🥉3. TunnelBear — Good for new VPN users.
- How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Bulgarian IP Address.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Getting a Bulgarian IP Address.
🥇 1. ProtonVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Bulgarian IP Address
When I connected to a ProtonVPN Bulgarian server, I was able to access Bulgarian websites like Netflix Bulgaria. This means that if you have a Netflix Bulgaria account and travel abroad, you can use ProtonVPN to watch TV shows and movies in the Netflix Bulgarian content library.
In my speed tests, all of ProtonVPN’s Bulgarian servers provided me with very fast browsing and streaming speeds — Bulgarian websites loaded right away, and HD didn’t buffer when I skipped through them. ProtonVPN provides some of the fastest speeds in the industry thanks to its unique VPN Accelerator feature, which increases your VPN speeds on distant servers (I always had much faster speeds when using this feature while connected to a Bulgarian server).
And ProtonVPN is the only VPN on this list that displays the server load percentage. This metric shows how many active users are connected to a server, which makes it very easy to identify the fastest Bulgarian servers. The servers with the lowest load always provided me with faster speeds than servers with high loads.
ProtonVPN also provides the following high-end security and privacy tools:
- IPv6 and DNS leak protection. I ran multiple leak tests and never experienced any leaks — the results only showed ProtonVPN’s Bulgarian IP addresses.
- Transparency reports. ProtonVPN publishes a report that details all of the user data requests it received and proves that ProtonVPN didn’t hand anything over.
- Open-source apps. This means anybody can inspect the app’s code for security vulnerabilities. And, ProtonVPN’s apps have been independently audited and verified — only minor issues were found and ProtonVPN quickly resolved them.
- Perfect forward secrecy. This feature regularly changes your encryption key for each VPN connection so that hackers can’t compromise past or future keys to monitor your traffic.
- Secure Core servers. This feature routes your traffic through 2 servers instead of 1 server to provide an extra layer of security. ProtonVPN allows Secure Core connections on 1 Bulgarian server (your traffic first passes through a server in Switzerland).
- NetShield. This feature blocks ads and trackers and stops you from connecting to malicious sites.
One of ProtonVPN’s only drawbacks is that it doesn’t allow P2P traffic on its servers in Bulgaria (but supports torrenting in 16+ countries, including in neighboring Romania).
ProtonVPN has a free plan and monthly and yearly plans. While ProtonVPN has the best free plan out there, it only lets you connect to servers in the US, the Netherlands, and Japan — and not Bulgaria! You need to upgrade to one of ProtonVPN’s paid plans to get a Bulgarian IP address. The Plus plan (starting at $4.99 / month) includes servers in Bulgaria, allows 10 connections, and adds streaming and P2P support, Secure Core servers, NetShield, and Tor over VPN support. All purchases are backed by a prorated 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥈 2. VyprVPN — Best VPN for Multi-Device Connections
VyprVPN has fast speeds and allows 30 simultaneous connections, making it an excellent choice for large households to get a Bulgarian IP address. I had everyone in my house connect to VyprVPN’s Bulgarian server, and we all had fast speeds for all of our online activities.
While VyprVPN has fast speeds for streaming and browsing on a server in Bulgaria, it isn’t as fast as ProtonVPN. During my tests, most Bulgarian sites took 4–5 seconds to load, and I experienced minor buffering when watching HD videos. On the plus side, I had very fast torrenting speeds (VyprVPN allows torrenting on all servers, including in Bulgaria) — I regularly downloaded 20–30 GB files in 10–15 minutes. VyprVPN also works with Netflix and Amazon Prime.
I really like that VyprVPN’s no-logs policy has been independently audited and verified that it doesn’t store logs of user data. I’m also a big fan of how VyprVPN’s kill switch is very customizable. For example, you can configure the kill switch to remain active even after you close the VyprVPN app (so you never risk accidentally going online without first securing your traffic).
VyprVPN has good DNS leak protection, but it doesn’t provide IPv6 leak protection like ProtonVPN — while I didn’t notice any leaks in my tests, you still need to manually disable IPv6 to be 100% safe.
VyprVPN has several paid plans with prices starting at $8.33 / month, and it backs all plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
🥉 3. TunnelBear — Good (and Fun) VPN for Beginners
TunnelBear comes with user-friendly and fun apps — when you use the digital map to connect to a server, an animated bear digs a tunnel to the server’s location (on Android and iOS, the bear even roars when you connect to a server) Plus, all of the settings and features have easy-to-understand explanations.
When it comes to security and privacy features, TunnelBear is top-notch — it has 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch (called VigilantBear), and a strict no-logs policy that’s been audited and confirmed. Plus, TunnelBear releases an annual transparency report (like ProtonVPN), its apps, website, and code undergo annual security audits (and are released to the public), and you get full leak protection.
TunnelBear works with most of the popular streaming sites, including Netflix and Amazon Prime, and it allows torrenting on servers in Bulgaria.
TunnelBear comes with a free plan and several paid plans. While TunnelBear’s free plan includes access to all of its servers, including Bulgaria, you only get 500 MB per month, which isn’t even enough data for streaming a 30-minute TV show or torrenting a small file. To get unlimited data, you need to upgrade to one of TunnelBear’s reasonably-priced premium plans, which start at $3.33 / month. But make note that TunnelBear doesn’t have a money-back guarantee.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Getting a Bulgarian IP Address
- Servers in Bulgaria. The VPN must have a server in Bulgaria. Otherwise, you can’t get a Bulgarian IP address. All of the VPNs on this list have at least 1 server in Bulgaria — ProtonVPN, my top pick, has several Bulgarian servers.
- Strong security. I only recommend VPNs that come with industry-standard VPN security features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch (shuts down your internet access if the VPN connection drops to prevent traffic leaks), a no-logs policy (to prevent the VPN from logging your traffic and IP address), and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks.
- Fast speeds. Every VPN slows down your speeds because of the encryption process, but the best VPNs maintain fast speeds across all servers. Each of the VPNs on this list has very fast speeds for browsing, torrenting, streaming, and gaming (ProtonVPN is the fastests).
- Streaming support. Sites like Netflix offer different content libraries in different countries, and if you travel abroad, you might not have access to your country’s library. But a good VPN is able to access top streaming apps and will help you watch your country’s titles.
- Ease of use. All the VPNs I picked have easy-to-use apps for all of the major platforms, are easy to install, have intuitive interfaces, and make it quick and simple to connect to a Bulgarian server.
- Good value. All the VPNs I recommend come with extra features (like split-tunneling), allow multiple simultaneous connections (ProtonVPN allows 10 connections), and offer affordable plans.
Best VPNs for Getting a Bulgarian IP Address (2022) — Final Score:
|1.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|2.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
|3.||Read Review||Read Review||Visit Website|
FAQs — How to Get a Bulgarian IP Address in 2022
What can I do with a Bulgarian IP address?
If you have a Bulgarian IP address, you can surf Bulgarian sites as if you were physically located in Bulgaria (some of them might not work in other countries). Also, if you have a Netflix Bulgaria account and travel abroad, you can use a Bulgarian IP address to access the Netflix Bulgaria library.
To get a Bulgarian IP address, you need to use a VPN that has at least 1 server in Bulgaria — I recommend ProtonVPN, which has high-end security, very fast speeds, and works with top streaming sites.
How can I get a Bulgarian IP address?
The best way to get a Bulgarian IP address is with a VPN. A VPN allows you to connect to servers all over the world, including in Bulgaria. And once you’re connected to a VPN server in Bulgaria, the VPN replaces your actual IP address with an IP address in Bulgaria.
You can get a Bulgarian IP address by following our 3 quick and easy steps.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Bulgarian IP address?
Yes, TunnelBear has a free plan that includes access to a Bulgarian server, but TunnelBear’s free plan limits you to a meager 500 MB of data per month — it’s only enough data for a 1-2 hours of browsing (it’s not nearly enough for HD streaming or torrenting). ProtonVPN actually has the best free VPN plan on the market (you get unlimited data), but it doesn’t include access to Bulgarian servers.
There are other VPNs on the market that offer free plans, but I don’t recommend that you use one. Many free VPNs don’t include a server in Bulgaria, typically are missing essential security features, are slow, set a limit on your daily or monthly data, and have buggy apps.
Can I watch Netflix Bulgaria with a Bulgarian IP address?
Sites like Netflix have different content libraries for each country due to copyright licenses — so if you have a Netflix Bulgaria account and travel abroad, you might not be able to watch videos from the Bulgaria content library. But you can use a Bulgarian IP address to watch Bulgarian content on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
The best way to watch Netflix Bulgaria is to use a VPN that has at least 1 server in Bulgaria and works with Netflix. I recommend ProtonVPN, which consistently works with Netflix and has fast streaming speeds.