How strong is your computer’s security? Are you prepared for the latest threats? New viruses are unleashed almost every day, and it’s never been truer: virus protection isn’t optional.
You need antivirus software, but with so many options on the market, it’s important to do your research and make an informed decision.
Deciding What’s Best for You
The optimal antivirus solution for your system will depend on your operating system and how you use your device. For some users, features like real-time protection are more important than device scanning. For devices that are going to be used by children, parental controls and safe browsing tools are essential. Regardless of how you use your device, here are the best all-around virus protection solutions available today.
1 – Norton by Symantec
When it comes to reliability and functionality, Norton by Symantec is undoubtedly the best in the business. Norton is a feature-rich antivirus solution that is accessible on all major operating systems.
- Proactive Exploit Protection (PEP) system to protect Windows computers from zero-day attacks. Provides an additional layer of security to stay ahead of the latest security exploits.
- Cloud backup for up to 2GB of files to protect valuable files from ransomware attacks.
- Smart Firewall system that monitors all incoming traffic and blocks malicious programs.
- Comprehensive database of cybersecurity threats for identifying and removing them quickly.
- SONAR real-time zero-day protection that monitors software and notifies the user if any program acts suspiciously.
- Notifications if the software has been disabled or left unopened, as many modern exploits rely on first disabling antivirus protections.
- Virus Removal Insurance that guarantees the safety of your system while Norton is running. If your device is compromised while running Norton antivirus, the company will offer a full refund, no questions asked.
Norton comes in a variety of prices. There’s a free version, but premium versions provide additional worthwhile protection. Symantec’s thirty years in the industry makes it one of the most established providers. The Virus Removal Insurance guarantee is a measure of confidence and we have no problem recommending it to our readers.See Norton Deals >>>
2 – Comodo
Comodo is a very user-friendly suite of antivirus tools that provides digital security coverage on a variety of systems. Its basic Comodo Antivirus is free, allowing users to quickly enable simple application protections like Default Deny Protection, which prevents potentially malicious programs from running without the user’s authority.
- A $500 virus-free guarantee for both paid editions of their products, giving users peace of mind.
- Auto Sandbox Technology creates a virtual operating environment for storing malicious and untrusted programs.
- Secure shopping with features like keylogger prevention and copy-paste protection that protect your browser during online banking, shopping, and other activities.
- Reliable quarantine system that traps unwanted threats in a secure location.
- Game mode to stop pop-ups during game play or streaming content.
- All support requests are usually answered within an hour through the ticketing system, allowing users to fix any potential issues quickly and prevent further damage.
- Cloud-based scanning that provides advanced protection against the latest threats.
- Detailed spyware scanning for cleansing your registry and other essential system files.
3 – NANO
NANO is a light-weight virus protection solution that offers a slick user interface to complement its comprehensive scanning system and a long list of impressive features.
- Create custom virus scans with a variety of options, including the ability to select unique locations, scan times, and scan detail.
- Provides continuous protection against malicious executables by continually scanning Internet, email, and file transfer protocol traffic.
- Total browser security to block suspicious files before they download.
- Search for updates every 4 hours to stay ahead of zero-day attacks and other threats.
- Reliable heuristic analysis that identifies unknown viruses by comparing their behavior to established virus behavior.
- User-friendly interface that makes it easy for you to schedule scans, adjust settings, and keep your computer protected.
NANO’s smooth design and easy-to-use interface are the product’s key features. The impressive support system provides additional information whenever a malicious program or exploit is found. NANO’s pricing system may be strange (the product is priced in Russian rubles, and licenses are sold in 100-day bundles), but this compact antivirus software solution is impressive.See NANO Deals >>>
4 – AVG
AVG offers three impressive antivirus solutions that protect against cybersecurity threats. It’s known to successfully identify and remove all of the exploits in its database, while also preventing and removing 99.9% of zero-day attacks the system had not previously identified.
- AVG’s antivirus scanner is runs silently in the background, providing security without requiring any input.
- Turbo Scan enables rapid scanning to remove any malicious software as quickly as possible.
- Enhanced Firewall protects your network and stops malicious traffic from accessing your computer.
- Email Shield Tool blocks unsafe links, attachments, and downloads.
- Privacy Protection stops unwanted applications from accessing your webcam and keeps your private photos and files encrypted.
- Payment Protection keeps your credit cards, bank logins, and other sensitive information safe.
- Extended ransomware protection safely stores your files in a secure folder.
- Reliable support for questions, concerns, or help with installation.
- Total coverage for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
AVG offers four different antivirus software packages, including a free version and AVG Antivirus for Mac.See AVG Deals >>>
5 – Avast
Avast offers a collection of virus protection solutions that are some of the most comprehensive in the industry.
- Wi-Fi inspector checks out all Wi-Fi connections before joining.
- Ransomware Shield protects and encrypts certain files, blocking potential attacks.
- Webcam Shield stops hackers from spying on you and stealing sensitive information.
- Automatic Software Updater keeps your apps and programs updated with the latest security and performance patches.
- Data Shredder guarantees files are permanently deleted.
- Rescue Disk backs up your system to ensure your files remain safe and your operating system can be recovered securely.
- Dedicated firewall, anti-spam, and real-time protection.
Avast’ protects from viruses, spyware, adware, malware, and phishing attacks, keeping the user safe from the most common cybersecurity threats. The company offers four different prices, allowing users to select their level of protection.See Avast Deals >>>
Interested in reading more about virus protection solutions and the latest threats? Check out some of our past posts below: